• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am excited for the DLC.

I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, all I really want is for them to make getting into on-cart competitive easier.

They always make huge strides in doing so, but as soon as they lift the regional dex clause, that basically goes out the window completely with a big helping of "Go buy the older games to get the one Pokemon you're missing."
I just want a satisfying conclusion to the Area Zero plot.

Please don’t be a wet fart :drsad:

Shroob

Sup?
I just want a satisfying conclusion to the Area Zero plot.

Please don’t be a wet fart :drsad:
Honestly, I'm not expecting much out of Area Zero, I'll be real with ya.

The damn area still doesn't work properly with co-op all these months later.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The thing I want from a direct more than anything is the next set of Mario Kart DLC.

Well, out of the things we could realistically expect.
Well lucky you, I feel like that’s a guarantee. Hope you’re ready for Diddy and Pauline.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much out of Area Zero, I'll be real with ya.

The damn area still doesn't work properly with co-op all these months later.
**** YOU THE SYMBOLS MEAN SOMETHING

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

Shroob

Sup?
Well lucky you, I feel like that’s a guarantee. Hope you’re ready for Diddy and Pauline.

**** YOU THE SYMBOLS MEAN SOMETHING

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
The symbols mean

Roaring Moon is a ***** to get shiny and fell to UU. Scarlet Bros we got to cocky with Great Tusk(Who also lost its 1# spot).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree. I will be greatly disappointed in anything less.
I would have preferred Poochy instead of Wiggler but overall the character lineup in the DLC is pretty good for what it is and the amount they're actually doing.

Would have been nice to have Dixie in there but there's no room.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fire Miku & Skeledirge:
The direct next week ends like this:

"With the addition of the Sora amiibo, finally everyone is here!"

Then

View attachment 377315

*cuts to FP 3 announcement.

Your reaction?
it's her time to shine
Miku in Smash Bros..png

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would have preferred Poochy instead of Wiggler but overall the character lineup in the DLC is pretty good for what it is and the amount they're actually doing.

Would have been nice to have Dixie in there but there's no room.
Wiggler is really the only meh pick for me.

Wiggler on a Wiggler is funny, but aside from that I could do without it. I don’t think anyone was asking for it back.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I've said it a lot in the past, but I hope the DLC lets you get Hisuian Pokemon just in Scar/Vio.

It's 'likely', and I kinda expect it all things considered, but I've gotta be honest, I've been ImaBlissey pilled. The cost for getting into on-cart competitive Pokemon is ludicrous, and the fact that Ursaluna is such a popular VGC Pokemon that you basically need to pay 120+$ for to even get it yourself, plus HOME fees, is nuts.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_9934.jpg

most people won’t remember this lad overtime

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've said it a lot in the past, but I hope the DLC lets you get Hisuian Pokemon just in Scar/Vio.

It's 'likely', and I kinda expect it all things considered, but I've gotta be honest, I've been ImaBlissey pilled. The cost for getting into on-cart competitive Pokemon is ludicrous, and the fact that Ursaluna is such a popular VGC Pokemon that you basically need to pay 120+$ for to even get it yourself, plus HOME fees, is nuts.
Be me, and pay the $3 fee once or twice a year to get all Pokemon in and out of the storage system

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hope Pauline gets a racing suit like Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina if she ends up in 8 Deluxe. I know they're just reusing assets from Tour, but this would be a nice cosmetic thing that would make it feel less like that's just what they're doing.

Shroob

Sup?
Be me, and pay the $3 fee once or twice a year to get all Pokemon in and out of the storage system
That involves trading with others to get the newest Pokemon, or still buying the newest games to get said Pokemon.

With them apparently starting to come down on hack checks, if you want Legendaries like Cresselia, you gotta pony up for BDSP or PLA, can't take any chances on the GTS ones being legit or not nowadays.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The fact that Diddy hasn't returned to the Mario Kart 8 roster sooner baffles me. He seems like a no-brainer pick at this point.

Dixie and even K. Rool would be the next in-line from the DK series if there was even more DLC on the way. But oh well, I'm just glad that they brought King Boo, Birdo and Petey Piranha back.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope Pauline gets a racing suit like Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina if she ends up in 8 Deluxe. I know they're just reusing assets from Tour, but this would be a nice cosmetic thing that would make it feel less like that's just what they're doing.
They gave her the cowgirl outfit specifically so she’d have a model they could adapt into a racing suit.

Bet on it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That involves trading with others to get the newest Pokemon, or still buying the newest games to get said Pokemon.

With them apparently starting to come down on hack checks, if you want Legendaries like Cresselia, you gotta pony up for BDSP or PLA, can't take any chances on the GTS ones being legit or not nowadays.
Unfortunate truth is that Pokemon has been pricey since day one, with 2 versions and link cables, and then they have special in game events that require a specific location at a specific time and then 3rd versions and then events for the third version, some of which are 3rd version exclusive mons etc which are compatible with the old versions but you can't get them in the old versions because early adopters can get boned I guess. It's better now but still money talks

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just got back from Blue Beetle.

Was a really great film! Some solid special effects, a fun story, a lot of gear and well choreographed action. Hope we get to see more of him in future and he doesn’t get sidelined to just random. appearances moving forward.

If you haven’t seen it, it’s worth watching for sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nitara looks alright in MK1. Miss the more Asian inspired hair from the old look.

Though I'll always hate celebrity casting, she's a bit better than Rousey as Sonya from the bit that was heard.

Shroob

Sup?
Unfortunate truth is that Pokemon has been pricey since day one, with 2 versions and link cables, and then they have special in game events that require a specific location at a specific time and then 3rd versions and then events for the third version, some of which are 3rd version exclusive mons etc which are compatible with the old versions but you can't get them in the old versions because early adopters can get boned I guess. It's better now but still money talks
I feel like this is the first time I've really sat down and thought "Wow that's ****ed up".

And it sucks because this is the easiest gen to get into competitive battling, but it's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Like, outside of LORE reasons, there's zero reason that Ursaring can't evolve into Ursaluna in Scar/Vio. If you're going to include a Pokemon in a current gen, you should always include ways for it to evolve. The fact you need to buy a whole different game is insane.

Now granted, I do expect that this dlc is gonna fix that since, between all the leaks and just how Japanese it feels, but like, yeah.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Casting celebrities in video games solely to pull in numbers accomplish nothing, especially if that person has no importance to the game in question.

It's a bad business practice.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like this is the first time I've really sat down and thought "Wow that's ****ed up".

And it sucks because this is the easiest gen to get into competitive battling, but it's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Like, outside of LORE reasons, there's zero reason that Ursaring can't evolve into Ursaluna in Scar/Vio. If you're going to include a Pokemon in a current gen, you should always include ways for it to evolve. The fact you need to buy a whole different game is insane.

Now granted, I do expect that this dlc is gonna fix that since, between all the leaks and just how Japanese it feels, but like, yeah.
$$$$$$$. But Pokemon fans will say that it was better then as if access to a mon back then didn't hinge on your mom saying "No" to a Toys R Us trip.
Casting celebrities in video games solely to pull in numbers accomplish nothing, especially if that person has no importance to the game in question.

I can't get behind this 100%, some celebrity casting in games are well done. For example Tenpenny in GTA wouldn't be anywhere near as cool if he wasn't voiced by Samuel L Jackson.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I can agree with this even for voice roles in films, but there's plenty of exceptions.

To me, it just depends on if the celebrity in question does a good job with the voice role in question.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

On top of what MightyP said, there's also Keith David's game roles. Lot's of people like the main Kingdom Hearts and FF7R voices, and most of those are celeb casting. I'll give Megan Fox some credit though, some of her lines were better than Sonya's last game, namely the ones with her talking trash to Ashrah and Kung Lao. It's just that other ones still felt flat. Though I can only hope that's not my own personal bias against stunt casting like this to cloud my judgement.

Like, it's not Lebron in Space Jam 2 levels of bad.

Shroob

Sup?
$$$$$$$. But Pokemon fans will say that it was better then as if access to a mon back then didn't hinge on your mom saying "No" to a Toys R Us trip.

I can't get behind this 100%, some celebrity casting in games are well done. For example Tenpenny in GTA wouldn't be anywhere near as cool if he wasn't voiced by Samuel L Jackson.
Mythicals are their own can of worms, which have always felt ****ty.

Ironically, they've started making mythicals 'easier' to get, albeit still inaccessible to many.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a Mario Kart with both the characters and the tracks. The characters are listed as Double Dash style pairs but of course you'd be able to match anyone with anyone.

Characters
  • Mario & Luigi
  • Princess Peach & Princess Daisy
  • Toad & Toadette
  • Yoshi & Birdo
  • Rosalina & Pauline
  • Poochy & Polterpup
  • Cappy & Prince Florian
  • Toadsworth & Professor E. Gadd
  • Geno & Mallow
  • Starlow & Vivian
  • Bowser & Bowser Jr.
  • Koopalings (All In One Car) & Broodals (All In One Car)
  • Goomba Tower & Koopa Troopa
  • Shy Guy & Ninji
  • Boom Boom & Pom Pom
  • Petey Piranha & King Bob-omb
  • Nabbit & Popple
  • Dry Bowser & Dry Bones
  • Wart & Tatanga
  • King Boo & Helen Gravely
  • Fawful & Dimentio
  • Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong & Candy Kong
  • Tiny Kong & Chunky Kong
  • Funky Kong & Lanky Kong
  • Cranky Kong & Foreman Spike
  • King K. Rool & Krunch
  • Jumpman & Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Wario & Waluigi
  • Captain Syrup & Princess Shokora
  • Ashley & Jimmy T
  • Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
  • Baby Peach & Baby Daisy
  • Kamek & Baby Bowser
  • Papa Mario & Mama Mario
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) & Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing) & Steve (Minecraft)
  • Kirby (Kirby) & Samus Aran (Metroid)
  • Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon) & Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Fox McCloud (Star Fox) & Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic) & Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  • Timber the Tiger (Diddy Kong Racing) & Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Mii & R.O.B.

New Tracks
  • Mario Circuit: This time it’s themed after the overworld map from Super Mario Land 2, and we’re racing on Mario’s private island.
  • Luigi’s Last Resort: You drive upwards through the floors of the Last Resort hotel from Luigi’s Mansion 3.
  • Peach’s Castle: After a brief stint on the outside of Peach’s Castle, you then go inside and into one of the paintings taking you into one of the Mario 64 levels at random. There are more than 3 options, so the track has lots of replayability.
  • Sarasaland Speedway: Each of the three laps takes you through a different area of Sarasaland. Lap 1 has you drive through the Birabuto Kingdom, lap 2 takes you underwater through the Muda Kingdom and across the islands of the Easton Kingdom, and finally Lap 3 has you finish up in the Chai Kingdom and the finish line at Daisy’s Palace.
  • Walleye Tumble Temple: An adaptation of the level of the same name from Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker. The track is meant to evoke the game’s unique camera system by having lots of sharp turns and alternate vertical level paths.
  • Comet Observatory: Making use of Launch Stars and Anti-Gravity, you drive across the Comet Observatory, the nearby Starship Mario, and a few nearby planetoids from Super Mario Galaxy with differing terrains and hazards.
  • New Donk Freeway: New Donk City at night during a heavy thunderstorm. Neither the rain, the lightning, nor the attacking Mechawiggler will do anything to end the heavy traffic.
  • Delfino Cruise: Taking the iconic locations from Mario Sunshine and sticking them together in rough accordance with the island’s actual geography and making one long track that takes you around the entire island.
  • Dino Dino Island: Based explicitly on Super Mario World and featuring enemies from that game like Rexes, Reznors, Dino-Rinos, Blarggs, Eeries, Dolphins, and Swoopers. Features a section on the coastline, a section underwater, a section in a cave, a section in a volcano, and then ends in the jungle before going out to the beach again.
  • X-Naut X-Press: The X-Naut fortress on the moon. Sir Grodus, Lord Crump, Beldam, and Marilyn all try to disrupt the race in their own ways.
  • Bowser’s Inside Story: Based around the game of the same name and driving around the most unique setting in the Mario franchise.
  • Bowser’s Wonder Castle: I’m assuming there will be levels actually set inside the giant castle Bowser turns into in Mario Wonder. So this track will be based on that.
  • Tryclyde Desert: A massive Tryclyde at the center of the desert surrounded by pyramids and flying carpets.
  • Kongo Jungle: Themed around the original Donkey Kong Country with a darker color pallet and enemies featured in the first game like Gnawties, Armies, Neckies, Zingers, and Kritters. Set pieces include DK’s original treehouse, his banana horde, and the mountain peek shaped like his face. Bananas replace the coins.
  • Yoshi’s Island Circuit: A combination of the classic Yoshi Circuit track in the shape of a Yoshi and the new Yoshi’s Island track themed around the iconic SNES game. Also features the unique Yoshi coins.
  • Wario’s Kitchen Island: Kitchen Island after Wario took it over and built it’s castle on it. Captain Syrup’s ship is still docked here and other set-pieces from Wario Land 1 are here.
  • WarioWare, Inc: A factory track with set-pieces and hazards based on the micro-games and characters from the WarioWare series.
  • Arcade Circuit: Drive on the girders from Donkey Kong, through the sewers from Mario Bros, and up the buildings from Wrecking Crew,
  • Mario Sports Stadium: A Massive Stadium with multiple sports being played at once. Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, and more all attempt to hinder your driving.
  • Rainbow Road: This time it’s explicitly themed around both the Star Road from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and the Star Spirits/Star Sprites from Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. While still maintaining an aspect of it’s usual space theme, it now has a much more spiritual theme to reflect this change.

Retro Tracks
  • Mario Circuit 3 (SNES) [Note: Features a 3D Pixel Art Aesthetic]
  • Choco Mountain (N64)
  • Cheese Land (GBA)
  • Ribbon Road (GBA)
  • Baby Park (GCN)
  • Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
  • Daisy Cruiser (GCN)
  • Moo Moo Meadows (Wii)
  • Coconut Mall (Wii)
  • Maple Treeway (Wii)
  • Airship Fortress (DS)
  • Tick-Tock Clock (DS)
  • Waluigi Pinball (DS)
  • Music Park (3DS)
  • Neo Bowser City (3DS)
  • Dragon Driftway (Wii U)
  • Athens Dash (Mobile)
  • Ninja Hideaway (Switch)
  • Sky High Sundae (Switch)
  • Squeaky Clean Sprint (Switch)

Crossover Tracks
  • Hyrule Circuit (Wii U)
  • Animal Crossing (Wii U)
  • Excitebike Arena (Wii U)
  • Mute City (Wii U)
  • Big Blue (Wii U)
  • Wuhu Loop (3DS)
  • Maka Wuhu (3DS)
  • Ancient Lake (N64) [Note: Originally from Diddy Kong Racing, banana’s replace coins.]
  • Star City (N64) [Note: Originally from Diddy Kong Racing, banana’s replace coins.]
  • Pac-Labyrinth (Arcade) [Note: Power Pellets now replace coins]
  • Race of the Wild: Based on Breath of the Wild and featuring set pieces from that game.
  • New Horizons: The same gimmick as the original Animal Crossing track but it’s based on New Horizons.
  • Inkopolis 500: A racetrack custom built by the Inklings to show off their unique flair for racing set in their own major city, Inkopolis, Power Eggs replace the coins.
  • City Trial: Just take the City Trial map from Air Ride and make a fun Mario Kart style rollercoaster ride out of it. Star Coins replace the coins.
  • Kanto Circuit: A guided tour of the Kanto Region featuring all of it’s most iconic Pokémon! The Pokémon Dollar coins from Scarlet/Violet replace the coins.
  • Cornerian Assault: Using your glider, the backs of enemy vehicles and Arwing, and the tops of buildings, this track takes place almost entirely in the air. Supply Rings replace the coins.
  • Zebes Circuit: Based around the map from the first Metroid game, and by extension Super Metroid. Starting on the surface before diving below into the caves system and triggering the explosion escape sequence on the final lap. Energy Capsules replace coins.
  • Green Hill Zone: There has never been a Green Hill Zone race track in any Sonic Racing game that mattered, surprisingly enough. So we use it here, taking a mix of its set pieces from its many appearances. Rings replace Coins.
  • Mako Reactor Rush: Based on the iconic Mako Reactor attack scenes from Final Fantasy VII, both summons from FF7 and Shinra Mechs attack the track. Materia Orbs replace the coins.
  • Minecraft Cruise: Similar to the Animal Crossing track, this track is a rather simple Minecraft themes racetrack that can randomly select a handful of biomes to mix itself up a little. Minecraft chests replace the item boxes and Minecoins replace the coins.
Noipoi Noipoi I want your opinion on this

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How it felt going upstairs at home
after being over at my moms for 5 hours
🫠
I can see it now. A future episode of did you know gaming where they showcase the unused cowgirl animations Pauline has in 8 Deluxe.
1694040724325.png

That is fantastic
City Trial: Just take the City Trial map from Air Ride and make a fun Mario Kart style rollercoaster ride out of it. Star Coins replace the coins.
I love you. City Trial is my ****

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Still the funniest **** ever that MK8D's booster course characters are like the lamest choice ever when people are just asking for Diddy Kong to come back since the first MK8 WII U DLC, and we got Two track, and whole ass kart part and still no Captain Falcons.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mythicals are their own can of worms, which have always felt ****ty.

Ironically, they've started making mythicals 'easier' to get, albeit still inaccessible to many.
PLA made it so that you can catch all of them, 2 behind a huge paywall mind you but you still can forever with no timed exclusive bs.

In fact, I love that PLA made it so you can get the whole dex on one game but TPC realized that was a good idea and then made two versions again because we can't have good ideas here

Top Bottom