• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's never gonna happen but if Gamera ever got into the MonsterVerse. This would be a cool idea for his origin while in a way keeping his Heisei Trilogy origin but in a more grounded approach.

Rather than being an ancient bio-weapon of an ancient advanced civilization far ahead of its time. Instead, Gamera is a species of titan whose kind was bred by a civilization, in the same way, people bred dogs or other domesticated animals such as cats, horses and livestock.
Nope, didn't watch it.
Shucks, ya really should. It's fun!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What do you think would happen if Gohan got Coronavirus? Who do you think would win?
A saiyan’s one true weakness, besides a strong independent woman, is human sickness

…tho Gohan is half human, so maybe he’ll use his emotions to unleash a new form to beat covid
A heart attack killed Goku. Therefore, Gohan would surely die. I'll keep Videl company when that happens.
Nah I’ll keep Videl company. You can watch over 18 when Krillen dies again
Of all women to settle on, you go for ChiChi?
ChiChi a real one tbf. Unlike Bulma, she is forever a natural beauty mama

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As part of the new rebrand, Nintendo has officially announced Mario will act more like the average Brooklyn Citizen with all kinds of fun voice lines in Wonder.

Such as

**** a you

Go to hell bowser

“Im jumping here”

Mama ******

Forget about it!

Calzone moley

and much more

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rewatched the Super Mario Bros. Wonder trailer after today's news. From the voice clips we were given, the Mario impersonations sounded just fine and I can live with it.. As for the trailer for WarioWare: Move It!, the "excellent" from Wario isn't really sitting well with me right now.

And we're still waiting to hear Luigi and Waluigi.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I am kinda curious if they'll be using any archived audio from Charles Martinet for any of Mario's future voice-clips.

With there already being a new VA entirely, I kind of doubt it, but it's possible that they might make exceptions for certain lines. Or maybe as Easter Eggs somehow.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am kinda curious if they'll be using any archived audio from Charles Martinet for any of Mario's future voice-clips.

With there already being a new VA entirely, I kind of doubt it, but it's possible that they might make exceptions for certain lines. Or maybe as Easter Eggs somehow.
This also makes me curious about the spinoffs and whether or not they will reuse Martinet's voice clips or record all new ones with whoever the new person is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you think Super Mario RPG will have voice acting (even a little bit)?

Yes, the original didn't have any, but SNES had limitations.
I’m going to lean no because the original didn’t, but….

They’ve been making huge QOL changed and touch ups to animations and cutscenes, that maybe they wanted voice acting as well, even if minimal.

KillerCage

Smash Master
What franchises do you guys assiociate yourself with?

God of War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hilda, Kaiju genre (King Kong/Gamera/Godzilla), Mortal Kombat, Nintendo in general, and The Angry Beavers are mine.
The franchises I associate with myself include:
Made in Abyss, Amphibia, Sonic the Hedgehog, MCU, Nintendo (Special mention going to Metroid, Super Smash Bros, Xenoblade, and Kirby), Ace Attorney, Stargate, Vinland Saga, and Star Wars.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not bad for the mobile game (Strikers has the better showtimes/highlights/finishers)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Listened to this earlier today.

I didn't grow up with Super Mario 64, heck I didn't even own a N64. But this is still an iconic song playing during the credits of one of the most iconic and influential video games of all time. Just the tune itself sounds like a Mario game and means a lot to many people.

Even just being familiar with the game, as well as having played the DS remake, the song invokes a lot of nostalgia. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be listening to it at least this week with Charles Martinet retiring from the voice role.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Listened to this earlier today.

I didn't grow up with Super Mario 64, heck I didn't even own a N64. But this is still an iconic song playing during the credits of one of the most iconic and influential video games of all time. Just the tune itself sounds like a Mario game and means a lot to many people.

Even just being familiar with the game, as well as having played the DS remake, the song invokes a lot of nostalgia. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be listening to it at least this week with Charles Martinet retiring from the voice role.
this song reminds me of the suffering I went through trying to beat this game via the 3D All Stars release…them 90s controls are hella evil

yet the soundtrack still slaps however

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just found out there's a channel called "Guardian HQ" that's dedicated on ****ting on High Guardian Spice, and it still uploads content. Last upload was 6 hours ago

My guy, it's been almost two years, most people don't even remember this show aired, let it go

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Just found out there's a channel called "Guardian HQ" that's dedicated on ****ting on High Guardian Spice, and it still uploads content. Last upload was 6 hours ago

My guy, it's been almost two years, most people don't even remember this show aired, let it go
A lot of these types of content creators get stuck in a viewership quagmire. The guy has to keep paintballing the wall because its what his core audience wants.

But anyone who took a business or marketing class knows that you have to expand your target audience if you want to be successful.

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
A lot of these types of content creators get stuck in a viewership quagmire. The guy has to keep paintballing the wall because its what his core audience wants.

But anyone who took a business or marketing class knows that you have to expand your target audience if you want to be successful.
I'm just surprised they didn't move on to the next 'woke' western animation they could find at some point. There's likely some audience overlap in that sort of content.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In MS/ABK news, MS signed a deal to allow ABK games to stream on the cloud through Ubisoft+.

Last edited:
Top Bottom