• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Two things.

1. Today is my Birthday. Not doing anything too crazy, but hey, I survived another year.
2. I chose to post this piece today cause it's a personal favorite, even if it isn't as popular as others. I enjoyed my take on this classic scene. You already know I had to draw Spider-Man again at some point this year.

Happy birthday and awesome art.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Two things.

1. Today is my Birthday. Not doing anything too crazy, but hey, I survived another year.
2. I chose to post this piece today cause it's a personal favorite, even if it isn't as popular as others. I enjoyed my take on this classic scene. You already know I had to draw Spider-Man again at some point this year.

Happy birthday!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Two things.

Happy birthday! Nice art, too!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Two things.

Congrats on the 365 full rotatiom around the sun

Shroob

Sup?
I mean tbf so did Song of the South and yet they're scrubbing that but not the film that's even more racist.

I wanna live in the good universe where Atlantis and Treasure Island won the war
Don't forget that Aladdin gets a lot of stuff about Arabic culture wrong

And even calls it "Barbaric" in Arabian Nights

.....which ironically, the Will Smith version made more socially acceptable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Two things.

Happy birthday, my guy!

Shroob

Sup?
Two things.

Happy Bday!

KillerCage

Smash Master
Two things.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wait.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Between Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and now Strange World, it really seems like Disney can’t handle sci-fi. Whether the movie is good or not, it’s bound to fail.
Hey, don't forget Tron. There's a reason why all the Simpsons characters said "no" when Homer asked if anyone saw it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Two things.

Happy birthday! :D

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The last thing you touched becomes your superpower. What power are you rocking now?
I saw this post while I was taking a melatonin before I go to bed, I was going to make a snarky comment but that's genuinely not too bad. Making things go to sleep is hardly my first choice, but it has it's use cases. For starters I never have to worry about insomnia again!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t know what people hated about Twitter before Elon. I found it fine, and then he made it bad.
A lot of people found it to be a leftist echo chamber. Despite the fact that altright propoganda would just be allowed to fly constantly with rightwingers constantly being protected to not get taken down for breaking twitter's ToS (outside Germany because that country has laws about nazis)
In other words, they will gamble all the money away, bankrupting YouTube and forcing them to be sold or make good changes? Sounds like a win win to me. Eventually the site would be on the right path.
fetchimage.jpeg

Twitter was already unprofitable before Musk spent like 7 times the money it'd take to end world hunger and absolutely tanked it by driving away advertisers, Youtube has even more potential to **** up horribly due to being more widely used. Before I got an adblocker, I forgot to reset my VPN back from America to Europe once and the first youtube ads I got were with Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don’t know what people hated about Twitter before Elon. I found it fine, and then he made it bad.
How about the predatory algorithm that feeds off of rage?

Gotta keep people hooked for that sweet sweet ad revenue.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Antman 3 sitting at a tasty 49% critic score and 84% audience score on RT.

I hope Marvel learns from this and stops undercutting heavy/emotional moments with humor and cringe moments.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How about the predatory algorithm that feeds off of rage?

Gotta keep people hooked for that sweet sweet ad revenue.
Maybe it’s because I barely comment on anything but I never saw any rage posts, unless I intentionally sought them out. Even now with the new algorithm, I had Elon blocked so I don’t see any of his garbage on my timeline. Meaning block these sources of toxic behavior from a timeline must still be pretty easy.

maybe I just follow to many meme accounts for the algorithm to handle.
Antman 3 sitting at a tasty 49% critic score and 84% audience score on RT.

I hope Marvel learns from this and stops undercutting heavy/emotional moments with humor and cringe moments.
The 85 percent should reach people that the movie is solid and the reviewers are for the most part looking to hate.

90 percent of them couldn’t agree on any single detail except that Kang was great. That should tell you most people are going to be wrong about trying to convince others it’s bad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watched Quantumania, and I gotta say it’s an easy 7/10 movie. I only had a small problem with it…that I shall spoil in this special called
It felt less like an Ant-Man movie and more of an Avengers movie. I know that was always gonna be the case, but I wasn’t expecting to not have Luis of all characters not appear for even a cameo…oh and I guess his ex-wife and her husband and the other friends weren’t there either, but Luis is too perfect to not be in all the things in life. Huge price in having this movie be so large. Would’ve been great if it could have balanced the big events occurring with the established characters of said series perfectly well for a 3rd movie like what Cap and Spidey did.

tho we did get a cameo from Jimmy Woo, so he’s doing quite well after the events of WandaVision and Young Rock
Just a very minor problem had.

but on a massive positive note, Kang and Janet were MVPs of the movie (and obviously Scott, but that’s to be expected). Another spoiler time
expect an army of unique variations of Kangs moving forward

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks to everyone who said happy Birthday. Got a little more art to share tomorrow. But I'll busy for a bit a few days after that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also on the Twitter topic again. As bad as Elon’s has made it, you can filter your feed to not only show posts that are from people you follow and nothing else, but also to see their likes, or filter whatever topics you want.

The later is behind the settings so it’s a little out of reach but my feed was broken for a few days until I figured that out and I haven’t really been affected by anything else since.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Maybe it’s because I barely comment on anything but I never saw any rage posts, unless I intentionally sought them out. Even now with the new algorithm, I had Elon blocked so I don’t see any of his garbage on my timeline. Meaning block these sources of toxic behavior from a timeline must still be pretty easy.
When I had a fresh account I had provocative post and controversies from people I don't follow shoved into my timeline constantly.

I tried and tried to block it out but the algorithm always found something else to upset me. The only solution was to quit Twitter altogether.

Also worth noting that different people have different tolerances to this stuff. I don't know how your mental health is but I have multiple anxiety disorders and Twitter controveries freak me out even with minimal exposure. I don't want to always know who the latest terf or sex predator I've never heard of is. I need to be able to take care of myself before I worry about everyone else.
As bad as Elon’s has made it, you can filter your feed to not only show posts that are from people you follow and nothing else, but also to see their likes, or filter whatever topics you want.
Oh. Huh.

Still not enough to make me come back.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pokémon fans having a normal one as they learn that less entities on screen = better performance
Shame there's

Nothing

For Area Zero though, as in, no co-op fixes.

Playing Area Zero co-op without voice chat is kinda miserable due to everyone being invisible to one another.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon fans having a normal one as they learn that less entities on screen = better performance
I saw some of the comments and uh... Pokemon fans really think the people who decide the release date are the development team themselves, huh?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw some of the comments and uh... Pokemon fans really think the people who decide the release date are the development team themselves, huh?
Of course, don't you know that every individual developer is responsible for literally everything? No, I don't know about the relationship devs have with publishers, why do you ask? The devs are clearly just lazy smh

Top Bottom