• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The first movie was one of those Chipmunk Garfield Smurf movies. Just a pretty good one.

The second film actually felt like a Sonic Movie imo.
Well I mean yeah, it was the first movie, when it comes to first movies, they start off small before going big which is what the second film did.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's an alternate universe where the Mario movie has him taking a warp pipe into San Francisco and hanging out with James Corden

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Im just finding out about the Ryan Drummond stuff and oh my god that’s hilariously bad

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once I'm finished with HunterxHunter and then getting back to Vinland Saga (Assuming all of season 2 is released by then).

These are the following animes I tend to check out next.

Record of Ragnarok, Demon Slayer, Neon Genesis Evangelion (Just got the complete series a while back at a pawn shop)

Which one should I go with next?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
also people freaking out over Quantummania’s current reviews

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now I'm far more excited for Deadpool 3! Yeah!

This and Guardians 3!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Nowadays, I don't really take much stock on critic reviews (especially anything from Scott Mendelson and audience reviews at times), but I think it is usually best to go watch the film and form your own opinion.

Other than that, there is one segment within the EW interview with Kevin Feige that caught my interest.

The section where he said that he is slowing the pace down on several projects within Phases 5 and 6 which I will say it is possibly the best approach going forward and I do feel that a part of this has to do with Bob Iger's return which I will pretty much explain this within my thoughts of Marvel Phase 4 as a whole in my next post (I have had the opportunity to watch Wakanda Forever.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nowadays, I don't really take much stock on critic reviews (especially anything from Scott Mendelson and audience reviews at times), but I think it is usually best to go watch the film and form your own opinion.

Other than that, there is one segment within the EW interview with Kevin Feige that caught my interest.

The section where he said that he is slowing the pace down on several projects within Phases 5 and 6 which I will say it is possibly the best approach going forward and I do feel that a part of this has to do with Bob Iger's return which I will pretty much explain this within my thoughts of Marvel Phase 4 as a whole in my next post (I have had the opportunity to watch Wakanda Forever.)
yeah you can tell Chapek was the one who had tons of shows release for stuff…tho tbh I will miss having tons of Marvel content year round

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say something that might sound harsh so I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm just really tired and have no filter, so I apologize in advance if I come off as rude.

This seems like a recurring mantra of yours but I really don't think it's a compelling argument. The common consensus is that the MCU has been on a downward spiral since Endgame with good movies being fewer and farther between, which I agree with, so I try to avoid going to see Marvel movies unless I look forward to seeing them in particular or if people say they're worth watching.

I have watched all of Phase 4's films except for Eternals and have only enjoyed three of them, and out of the three I didn't enjoy the one that disappointed me the most was Thor: Love and Thunder, which got mixed reviews. So if you're as sick of the MCU as I am, I'd say trusting critics is the right move. I don't trust them blindly of course but if a movie gets rated this low then I have no incentive to go watch it unless I'm really looking forward to it, which is not the case with Ant-Man 3.

Also, don't feel the need to make excuses for Disney of all companies. It's not like me choosing not to see Generic Marvel Film no. 1208912087320 is gonna put a dent in their wallet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a pretty awesome find!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
How has casting gone for you btw? You were gone for a while, so have there been any new things you beem cast for?
I got cast as a minor antagonist in Havoc Fox in addition to the role I already play, Pulseman in a fanmade sequel to the original Pulseman game, and something cool I can't talk about yet are the ones that are coming to mind!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This is a pretty awesome find!
Hell Yes! this is one of the big lost media cases that I really wanted to see at least a bit more of.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I beat the Pokémon Untamed demo

It's amazing how well these Fakemon fit into the world of Pokémon. I speak no hyperbole when I say that this is my favorite Fakemon region I've seen so far.

Also the game was pretty good, kinda wish I could help with development somehow so that the full game could come together sooner

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, these games released while I was on my break from the site, so I wanna quickly give my thoughts on Sonic Frontiers and Fire Emblem: Engage.

Sonic Frontiers is fantastic, OH MAN. The gameplay is so smooth and fun, and the story is right up my alley. Ian Flynn really understands this franchise and its characters, so naturally, he killed it, haha. Seeing as this is gonna set the standard for Sonic titles in the coming years, I'm very hopeful. (Also Sage is amazing.)

I've played three Fire Emblem games prior to Engage (Awakening, Heroes, and Three Houses) though I never finished any of them for one reason or another. Though I guess Heroes doesn't really have a true end, haha. But I did beat Engage, and OH I LOVE IT. The new art style is great, and the gameplay is super fun. I get that the story isn't as wild as the stories in previous FE titles, but I'm fine with that. The writing is very fun nonetheless.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say something that might sound harsh so I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm just really tired and have no filter, so I apologize in advance if I come off as rude.

This seems like a recurring mantra of yours but I really don't think it's a compelling argument. The common consensus is that the MCU has been on a downward spiral since Endgame with good movies being fewer and farther between, which I agree with, so I try to avoid going to see Marvel movies unless I look forward to seeing them in particular or if people say they're worth watching.

I have watched all of Phase 4's films except for Eternals and have only enjoyed three of them, and out of the three I didn't enjoy the one that disappointed me the most was Thor: Love and Thunder, which got mixed reviews. So if you're as sick of the MCU as I am, I'd say trusting critics is the right move. I don't trust them blindly of course but if a movie gets rated this low then I have no incentive to go watch it unless I'm really looking forward to it, which is not the case with Ant-Man 3.

Also, don't feel the need to make excuses for Disney of all companies. It's not like me choosing not to see Generic Marvel Film no. 1208912087320 is gonna put a dent in their wallet.
That is fine and I respect your opinion. I'm usually interested to hear what others have to say on the topic.

I'm not going to say that every Phase 4 projects were perfect and yes I can say that it will always be tough to continue off from where Endgame had left. There were ones that I enjoyed and some that I did not like and could had been better.

yeah you can tell Chapek was the one who had tons of shows release for stuff…tho tbh I will miss having tons of Marvel content year round
There are creative differences between the two as Chapek was more on the quantity aspect whilst Iger was more on the quality aspect.

Within Iger's leadership, he is more focused on giving creative teams more control which is something Chapek lacked within several of the projects that I noticed during his leadership.

To conclude, whilst it is hard to predict how the reception of some of their current and future projects will recieve, I do hope that with Iger back in the helm that all creative divisions that including Marvel Studios will have more quality control within their works.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There are creative differences between the two as Chapek was more on the quantity aspect whilst Iger was more on the quality aspect.

Within Iger's leadership, he is more focused on giving creative teams more control which is something Chapek lacked within several of the projects that I noticed during his leadership.
don’t forget the part where Chapek was an overall **** headed fool, cause that alone caused Marvel a massive problem in the form of the ScarJo money issue

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Today's piece was me drawing Storm again. She's for sure one of those characters I can never really get tired of drawing. Though this time there's a twist to freshen things up. It's Age of Apocalypse Storm. Wanted to draw a different design this time and I went with one. Usually she's either got mostly black or mostly white, this suit had a good mix of both so I was happy try my hand at it!

EDIT: Almost forgot the art itself, duh!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat the Pokémon Untamed demo

It's amazing how well these Fakemon fit into the world of Pokémon. I speak no hyperbole when I say that this is my favorite Fakemon region I've seen so far.

Also the game was pretty good, kinda wish I could help with development somehow so that the full game could come together sooner
Started the demo last night. Having a lot of fun so far. The popcorn Pokémon is great.

How long is the demo? I’m guessing first or second gym?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Me personally, I think these new Marvel movies are hit or miss. They can still tell fun stories, but sometimes it really feels watered down. The misses aren't bad, but they can be a drag.

Though I'm not gonna lie, I think Multiverse of Madness deserves more credit. It was a fun film
thoughts on the cinematic masterpiece Morbius tho?

and Across the Spider-Verse thoughts just to be safe

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
thoughts on the cinematic masterpiece Morbius tho?
I cried. I watched it and I finally understood it. The acting, the soundrack, Lares Leto, the methaphor of becoming inhuman. I laughed. I cried. My mind has been opened, and let it be known to the world that this is the biggest piece of dog**** I've ever seen

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a long wait…but the chances of Cena being at Mania to wrestle increases
I cried. I watched it and I finally understood it. The acting, the soundrack, Lares Leto, the methaphor of becoming inhuman. I laughed. I cried. My mind has been opened, and let it be known to the world that this is the biggest piece of dog**** I've ever seen
now that’s the greatest review I’ve ever read

Top Bottom