• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
gonna miss his Joker

Jondolio

Smash Hero
gonna miss his Joker
Pretty much what I expected.

It's unfortunate, I'm gonna miss his Joker, but it really is hard to imagine him without Kevin Conroy's Batman

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Next Luigi’s mansion really should use some of the Boo variants we’ve seen in other games like Eeries, Ghost Goombas, Fighing Boos, Octoboos, Broozers, heck even the Jelly Ghost. Would be really fun.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All this negative reception for HBO's Velma and yet its getting a second season? How does that work? What happened to Spongebob or Loud House ratings being required? Hmmm...
Considering HBO max is reviving clone high with two new seasons, it’s likely they don’t care about immediate ratings. Or at least not ones that high.

Also given close enough also got a two season pickup before cancellation, it’s likely they just green light everything for two seasons to test the waters.
Honestly, this Velma series just feels emblematic of everything I hate about modern Hollywood

-Holds contempt for its audience and feels the need to take shots at them
-Adaptation of a nostalgic property that feels like it needs to “fix” upon its formula, combined with completely misunderstanding and/or disrespecting legacy characters
-Abrasive, entitled unlikable female protagonists who’s toxic views are 100% validated by the narrative (possibly self-inserts as well)
-Tearing down male characters to build up the female cast
-Having skewed views on animation (talking dog = kids cartoon despite Family Guy existing)
-Adult cartoons having a false sense of maturity like blood/gore, nudity, drugs, swearing, shock value, etc.
-Inserting all types of modern politics into places where they don’t belong
-Mean-spirited and spiteful writing that feels like the creators are using the project as personal therapy
-Using diversity/minority groups as a means to garner attention and as a meat shield to defend against criticisms
-Over-reliance on meta humor

Doesn’t help that Kaling perpetuates a lot of harmful Indian stereotypes and shows possible signs of transphobia. Honestly this whole project just feels like a waste of effort on everyone’s part.
Signs of? Nah I think she makes it pretty clear she is transphobic.

Big JK Rowling fan, her character on the office had basically just racist jokes and toxic relationship as her main traits, was wearing hats embodying make America great again( just changed the name to paddy’s for context in the episode) in it’s always sunny when she was in one episode.

Haven’t seen her other work, but I don’t think I need to. It’s clear she seems to be a pretty terrible person irl. Or at least super in creative, insensitive, and bad at writing.

I have no idea how she got Glenn howerton on this show, when he and Charlie day fight Rob Mcleany on it’s always sunny to not write humor like this.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decided to revise my favorite Pokémon list:

1. Greninja
  2. Chandelure
  3. Decidueye
  4. Grimmsnarl
  5. Salamence
  6. Scizor
  7. Infernape
  8. Krookodile
  9. Lucario
  10. Tyrantrum
Staraptor and Metagross used to be on the list, they still rank pretty high (Staraptor is like number 11) but I didn't feel like they were a good fit for my top 10. Meanwhile Infernape and Lucario are some of my childhood favorites, it felt wrong not to have them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

1. Greninja
  2. Chandelure
  3. Decidueye
  4. Grimmsnarl
  5. Salamence
  6. Scizor
  7. Infernape
  8. Krookodile
  9. Lucario
  10. Tyrantrum
Staraptor and Metagross used to be on the list, they still rank pretty high (Staraptor is like number 11) but I didn't feel like they were a good fit for my top 10. Meanwhile Infernape and Lucario are some of my childhood favorites, it felt wrong not to have them.
Good list, I like basically all of thode Pokemon too! This is mine, liable for frequent changes of course.

1: Cursola
2: Typhlosion
3: Decidueye
4: Great Tusk
5: Regigigas
6: Ursaluna
7: Dusknoir
8: Ampharos
9: Flygon
10: Tatsugiri

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good list, I like basically all of thode Pokemon too! This is mine, liable for frequent changes of course.

1: Cursola
2: Typhlosion
3: Decidueye
4: Great Tusk
5: Regigigas
6: Ursaluna
7: Dusknoir
8: Ampharos
9: Flygon
10: Tatsugiri
Cursola, Ursaluna, Dusknoir, and Ampharos are all super neat

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Are we doing top 10 Pokemon?
  1. Psyduck
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Misdreavus
  4. Beautifly
  5. Torkoal
  6. Munchlax
  7. Stunfisk
  8. Espurr
  9. Oricorio
  10. Alcremie
About half of these are pretty set as my favorites and the rest may come and go.
tbh the only ones that are set for me are the top 3, the rest shuffle constantly and I have a bunch of favorites that don't even fit nearly into a top 50 or 100

osby

Smash Obsessed
Top 10 Pokemon?

1. Meowstic
  2. Ninetales
  3. Victini
  4. Greninja
  5. Espathra
  6. Xerneas
  7. Umbreon
  8. Tyrantrum
  9. Litten
  10. Spinda
Things below Tyrantrum sorta shift, but this is how I'm feeling rn.
Nice choices all around, especially Xerneas and Meowstic.

Also, I forgot about it but Espathra is really one of the designs that stuck with me the most from the last game.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

1. Greninja
  2. Chandelure
  3. Decidueye
  4. Grimmsnarl
  5. Salamence
  6. Scizor
  7. Infernape
  8. Krookodile
  9. Lucario
  10. Tyrantrum
I don't play Pokemon a whole lot so this isn't as informed as most but mine is probably:

1. Quaquaval(what are you talking about, bias? :yoshi: )
2. Blaziken
3. Lucario
4. Groudon
5. Ampharos
6. Goodra
7. Girafarig
8. Altaria
9. Oshawatt
10. Tinkaton(literally one of the best designs in gen 9 imo)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have started P4 on Switch.

God, i love video games that use that small town Japan asthetic, it's so damn comfy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I downloaded Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on Switch. I've beaten the base game of Persona 4, but I'm not sure what's new for Golden, and I started Persona 3 on PS3 but stopped once the inability to control any party members aside from the main character got annoying.

I'll start with Persona 3, considering that most of the game will be new to me. I think I'll go with the female protagonist, since by my understanding, the male protagonist's social links with the opposite gender automatically turn romantic (meaning that the only way to max out every social link is to cheat on everyone with everyone else), whereas I don't think that's the case with the female protagonist. I could have some details wrong, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I downloaded Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden on Switch. I've beaten the base game of Persona 4, but I'm not sure what's new for Golden, and I started Persona 3 on PS3 but stopped once the inability to control any party members aside from the main character got annoying.

I'll start with Persona 3, considering that most of the game will be new to me. I think I'll go with the female protagonist, since by my understanding, the male protagonist's social links with the opposite gender automatically turn romantic (meaning that the only way to max out every social link is to cheat on everyone with everyone else), whereas I don't think that's the case with the female protagonist. I could have some details wrong, though.
Yup, that's true.

Mind you that Persona 3 wasn't really designed with maxing all S. Links in a single playthrough in mind so you may want to check a guide if you want to do that, as it requires a lot of careful managing and some game mechanic exploitation and save scumming.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think in Golden they mostly just add more scenes of the characters bonding with each other, new voice lines and i think a new boss?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Episode 1 of Velma done.

The jokes don't land all the time (sometimes they do) and the characters are kinda annoying (I actually do like Shaggy/Norville) but there is a semblance of an overarching mystery here and so far the mystery is actually kinda... decent.

I uh... don't hate it. If it focused on the mystery over the bad comedy I'd like it significantly more.

But it's not like, the Antichrist of animation like people make it out to be

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Episode 1 of Velma done.

The jokes don't land all the time (sometimes they do) and the characters are kinda annoying (I actually do like Shaggy/Norville) but there is a semblance of an overarching mystery here and so far the mystery is actually kinda... decent.

I uh... don't hate it. If it focused on the mystery over the bad comedy I'd like it significantly more.

But it's not like, the Antichrist of animation like people make it out to be
The internet took a bad show and blew it up into the downfall of western animation as a whole.

In other news, grass is green.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The internet took a bad show and blew it up into the downfall of western animation as a whole.

In other news, grass is green.
Yeah, I'm on episode 2 and aside from the #MeToo joke it's genuinelly been mid-ok for the most part.

Now what surprised me is that I actually got a laugh out of this show. Honestly, the biggest issue is that it's attached to Scooby Doo, but I'm treating this as an entirely new universe all together and it's actually... enjoyable is some aspects. I think... I actually might like this show.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

1. Greninja
  2. Chandelure
  3. Decidueye
  4. Grimmsnarl
  5. Salamence
  6. Scizor
  7. Infernape
  8. Krookodile
  9. Lucario
  10. Tyrantrum
My favorite Pokemon list looks something like this:

1) Gallade
2) Greninja
3) Armarouge/Ceruledge (both are equal in their placement to me)
4) Aegislash
5) Lurantis
6) Shaymin (Sky Forme)
7) Swampert
8) Meloetta
9) Chandelure
10) Corviknight

Gallade still has been my favorite ever since he debuted in Gen 4, and Greninja has been my 2nd favorite since his inclusion in Smash 4. Armarouge and Ceruledge have both made their into my top 5: I love them both equally they both resemble Gallade in a very cool way (from the eyes to the similar body-type).

Honorable mentions for some of my other favorite Pokemon include Roserade, Primarina, Lycanroc (Midday and Dusk Forms), Dialga, Inteleon, Centiskorch, Meowscarada, Tinkaton, Scizor, Piplup, Mudkip, Sprigatito, Floette, Hisuian Lilligant, and Empoleon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom