• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Cue the fart jokes in a crossover with Sonic.
In all seriousness it does make me curious about how a Sonic/Loud House crossover would be like. One thing The Loud House succeeds at is writing characters that can be fun to watch in all sorts of scenarios, so getting them to interact with Sonic and pals would at least give us a few fun jokes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm a little annoyed that it took this long for a patch like this to come out (since now the only things that I have left to do in the game are beating Witch Trial 3 and beating Rodin, and I'm definitely not using Viola for either of those), but I'm glad to see that they made it so Viola's witch time is actually possible to activate under normal circumstances - before, it felt like it required split-second timing, making it much less satisfying than Bayonetta's Witch Time or the parry mechanic in Metal Gear Rising.

(Viola's first chapter was a nightmare because the game gave no indication that she had a separate health/magic bar from Bayonetta, so I was fighting the same enemies that Bayonetta fought, but with roughly 1/3 of Bayo's health and a Witch Time that activated maybe once in a blue moon, where messing up the timing even slightly meant that you took the full force of an enemy's attack)

It looks like they also lowered the difficulty of the Niflheim stages, so that's a plus.
I’m honestly surprised Bayo 3 had a patch at all, since I don’t think 1 and 2 had one. But yeah, Viola really needed massive work on. I also agree on how it was like to use her in the first chapter…but honestly I felt that way with all of the chapters involving her (without the transformation of course). Being so used to Cereza and Jeanne only made it too much effort to transition smoothly into her play style.

a tad bit disappointing considering she as a character is actually quite cool (despite what Bayonetta 4 is gonna have to do considering 3’s ending).
Velma trailer finally:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don’t hate it, but I also wasn’t laughing or blown away.

Was not expecting Glenn to sound like that though.
we really getting Velma X Daphne…eh

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, I was actually kinda hyped for the new Velma show, but watching the trailers and reading the sypnopsis... it doesn't move me. Kinda a shame, I would have enjoyed darker tone of Scooby Doo after Mystery Inc, but this show feels like that Hamburger Helper meme.

Also, release the original cut of the Scooby Doo movies

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mythical or DLC tomorrow?
A5D1B622-BFCC-4FD3-A77E-2ED323C8C292.jpeg

For Gamefreak to post this ahead of the Japanese show posting it, tells me there’s probably a reveal here, they want to put out first.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In all seriousness it does make me curious about how a Sonic/Loud House crossover would be like. One thing The Loud House succeeds at is writing characters that can be fun to watch in all sorts of scenarios, so getting them to interact with Sonic and pals would at least give us a few fun jokes.
I can see that happening well, to be honest. Never watched The Loud House, but if something like this ever happened, I admit, it would be interesting to see where this would go.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Velma trailer finally:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don’t hate it, but I also wasn’t laughing or blown away.

Was not expecting Glenn to sound like that though.
This looks...incredibly boring. Even when they try to go over the top, none of the jokes in this trailer really land.

Yeah, not tuning in for this one.

Reactions: Z25

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Reposting something I said yesterday

The discourse about the Velma show is kinda boring

I am so sick of "Kid thing but edgy" but also I am very sick of the people who are very angry that it is "tarnishing the Sanctity of Scooby-doo" and not to mention the racists, I do not like racists.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Reposting something I said yesterday

The discourse about the Velma show is kinda boring

I am so sick of "Kid thing but edgy" but also I am very sick of the people who are very angry that it is "tarnishing the Sanctity of Scooby-doo" and not to mention the racists, I do not like racists.
I don't think it's tarnishing any "Sanctity" Scooby-doo had...which it really didn't have to begin with, imo. I just think they did a poor job of trying to make it "mature".

And it's the internet. There's gonna be people like that, unfortunately.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I don't think it's tarnishing any "Sanctity" Scooby-doo had...which it really didn't have to begin with, imo. I just think they did a poor job of trying to make it "mature".

And it's the internet. There's gonna be people like that, unfortunately.
I agree with you, it is just "Kid thing but edgy" which has been done the exact same way for the last decade

I am just so sick of takes, the internet does not need to have a take on everything, The internet seems incapable of not acknowledging something if it doesn't interest them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lowkey though, I feel kinda bad for kids who are a fan of The Loud House. What was suppossed to be a wholesome kids show got infested with some of the worst people (mainly adults) out there and in the age of online it is so easy to find terrible **** without even trying.

It legit kinda reminds me of the bronies of back when I was a kid (though granted it wasn't anywhere near that bad, those were national news bad).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lowkey though, I feel kinda bad for kids who are a fan of The Loud House. What was suppossed to be a wholesome kids show got infested with some of the worst people (mainly adults) out there and in the age of online it is so easy to find terrible **** without even trying.

It legit kinda reminds me of the bronies of back when I was a kid (though granted it wasn't anywhere near that bad, those were national news bad).
Yeah, I thought that was possible with any fanbase, honestly. In fact, I thought many fanbases on the internet are like that. People will make things bad for kids in any category. Quite a shame, and quite sad.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Whenever there's a new kids show, it usually goes into one of two categories. The one that nobody cares about, and the one that makes you realize the internet was a mistake.
View attachment 366346
Just saying; I think it is a natural tendency of humans to try to ruin something they do not like; or ruin something for another reason, whatever that may be; whether those people realize it or not, psychologically speaking. With the internet, behavior like this is especially a problem, given how wide spread what people say or even do can be on the net. Like I said, this is quite sad, and this is quite a problem many don't take time to find ways to solve for the better of others.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mentioning Velma makes a part of my soul shrink up and quiver. I was really looking forward to a good mature audience take on the show. ,_,

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dear Nintendo,

Please make Marina real. Also, give me 100% of your stocks and let me control the company, or go bankrupt.

Love, TheMighty Me
now that is the best wish/demand to have
Except Harley Quinn was already good because it had competent writers who understood the characters enough to write off the walls, but funny and narratively driven stories based on source material.
also Harley didn’t seem to force any plot lines for the sake of it like Velma seemingly will
Mentioning Velma makes a part of my soul shrink up and quiver. I was really looking forward to a good mature audience take on the show. ,_,
there’s always the movies and the Scooby Apocalypse comics

Top Bottom