• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, what exactly are the issues with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl again? I'm considering diving into the series again and thought it'd be a good idea to start with that one since I remember enjoying Gen 4 back when it released.

Or should I just ignore them and go for ScarVio?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, what exactly are the issues with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl again? I'm considering diving into the series again and thought it'd be a good idea to start with that one since I remember enjoying Gen 4 back when it released.

Some think the artstyle is booty, some think it’s cute. That’s all subjective.

The level curve is kinda wonky because they added the new exp system without rebalancing the game. The new friendship mechanics throw another wrench in that.

Lack of Platinum content.

But aside from those two and a half issues it’s really not a bad game. A lot of people just think it plays it too safe, especially compared to other remakes. I think it’s a decent entry point for someone trying to get back into the series.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

They aren't bad, DPP are fundamentally good games, it's just that they aren't much more than D/P plopped on the switch for $60 bones. I would just suggest going to Arceus or Scarlet, but if you want a nostalgia trip it isn't bad.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Props to Del Toro's Pinocchio for winning the 'Globe.

I'm one of the few who would've been more than fine with Turning Red winning, but Pinocchio definitely pushes a lot of boundaries with its animation and storytelling. I'm intrigued to know if it'll inspire some unique animated movies going forward.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It took since she first came but:
A8E22800-09F5-492B-815A-7E5410B5EA9C.jpeg

Not gonna pull for the last copy though because I have an otherworldly forma.

One of the people on my friends list also has her +10, so I can get my last copy there.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I personally think that those games are fun and faithful recreations of the original titles.

I'm the only one who's gonna suggest you start with those. :drsad:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

On a surface level, nothing's wrong with it, but if you already played D&P then you already played BDSP without even knowing it because there is almost 0 noteworthy additions repackaged for $60. It's faithfulness is its downfall because there are some really archaic design choices here that every game post Gen 4 got rid of but they brought is back for no reason.

If you want a Gen 4 experience and you also want a taste of what Modern Pokemon has evolved into, I'd start with Legends Arceus. However, it's a lot more reliant on experience with previous games and I know you haven't played in a while. You're better off emulating Platinum (BDSP has 0 Plat content) and then playing PLA (Platinum is the one that's canon to Legends btw)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After going over half way to scout points, the game gave me not one, but two Lissia and Shiny Galarian Rapidash!
180C7526-19C9-4CF4-9B3F-8AADA4E694B5.jpeg

had candy To make it an easy 3/5, nice!

Probably going to try for Dianthia next.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Mostly that it's a safe QoL remake when people were expecting the HGSS or ORAS treatment. Platinum is the better game, but unless you were hard into the Battle Frontier, the missing extras are pretty negligible IMO. I enjoyed my time with them much more than I did with SwSh.

SV I think are great if you want to go headfirst into the current on-goings of the Fandom. Considering that DLC is almost definitely on the way, and that the games struggle with the hardware, however, I don't think waiting is bad idea either if any of that matters to you.

Legends Arceus is the best Pokemon game on Switch IMO at the moment Spending time with it and BDSP would be my personal recommendation. I feel they are good companions to one another. Just make sure to download the patches for BDSP and potentially not Legends Arecus (if you want to Shiny Hunt).

Let's Go is also good but the changes to some mechanics take some getting used to. It's easily the best version of Kanto and the arranged music is fantastic.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
New copy ability got revealed:
Sand powers

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So my Youtube Channel has a Troll now...
Honestly if he wants a fight he can get one! Lets Box Hehe!
I do hope tho that some people start giving actual Comments tho i would love to know what my Audience Wants?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm a little annoyed that it took this long for a patch like this to come out (since now the only things that I have left to do in the game are beating Witch Trial 3 and beating Rodin, and I'm definitely not using Viola for either of those), but I'm glad to see that they made it so Viola's witch time is actually possible to activate under normal circumstances - before, it felt like it required split-second timing, making it much less satisfying than Bayonetta's Witch Time or the parry mechanic in Metal Gear Rising.

(Viola's first chapter was a nightmare because the game gave no indication that she had a separate health/magic bar from Bayonetta, so I was fighting the same enemies that Bayonetta fought, but with roughly 1/3 of Bayo's health and a Witch Time that activated maybe once in a blue moon, where messing up the timing even slightly meant that you took the full force of an enemy's attack)

It looks like they also lowered the difficulty of the Niflheim stages, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Velma trailer finally:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don’t hate it, but I also wasn’t laughing or blown away.

Was not expecting Glenn to sound like that though.

Top Bottom