• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I had a feeling that 1008 Pokémon video wouldn't have a reveal in it and I was right.

At least update v1.2 for SV is coming in late February featuring bug fixes and "added functionality"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I found that creating something on your own helps when a media you like disappointed you. It allows you to have a sense of control while also letting all your energy go into something productive.

Honestly, though, if you want stuff to change, the best you can do is give constructive criticism and hope the devs take notice. For what it's worth, in this case, the Sonic Team seemed pretty open about listening the feedback of the fans for Frontiers which given Sonic fandom can be a good or bad thing
I’m still working on my own game. But there’s something in playing a game built by something else you don’t get when playing something you made. It’s like watching your own movies.

And I mean. It’s not like I can just tweet at Sonic team and John SEGA will be like “alright, noted”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the Kalos Villain Arc
dropped in Pokémon Masters and there’s something interesting to think about:
63BEF6CC-AC3D-462A-BB26-19AA32AA269D.jpeg

What Pokémon is he referencing? This question is not answered in part one. This is a villain arc, which means odds are Lysandre is after this and it’s a mythical or legendary.

Except afaik, nothing in Kalos fits this Description. Zygarde is already with Serena, Volcanion doesn’t turn invisible. Hoopa is a main part of the games story so it can’t be that.

So conspiracy time….

This is actually hinting at Cross promotion with Scarlet and Violet’s DLC.

Lysandre will be getting an alt with the new mythical and it will be important to the story of the DLC and the second part. I’m probably totally wrong but maybe….

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
inb4 deleted

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Who's that Pokémon?
My bet is Greninja.

It's in the game's code, is popular like Charizard/Cinderace, and a poison tera-type makes thematic sense because poison pokemon have been associated with ninjas since Koga in Gen 1.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Who's that Pokémon?
My guess is Hisuian Goodra. It makes sense as a poison type and is something worth hyping up. I like Greninja, but there's no reason to keep it a surprise if while they bluntly reveal Charizard and Conference.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My guess is Hisuian Goodra. It makes sense as a poison type and is something worth hyping up. I like Greninja, but there's no reason to keep it a surprise if while they bluntly reveal Charizard and Conference.
Maybe they're onto the fact that it's wild that the most popular Pokémon hasn't been in a game for six years.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Presenting: one of the greatest children's shows...ever maybe
My love for this show knows no bounds

(Okay this is all hyperbolic but I do have a big soft spot for HaHBFoD. I'm just a sucker for dinosaurs. AND PATSY IS VOICED BY STACEY DEPASS WHO IS A LEGEND)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the Kalos Villain Arc
View attachment 366385

What Pokémon is he referencing? This question is not answered in part one. This is a villain arc, which means odds are Lysandre is after this and it’s a mythical or legendary.

Except afaik, nothing in Kalos fits this Description. Zygarde is already with Serena, Volcanion doesn’t turn invisible. Hoopa is a main part of the games story so it can’t be that.

So conspiracy time….

Lysandre will be getting an alt with the new mythical and it will be important to the story of the DLC and the second part. I’m probably totally wrong but maybe….
Have any mobile game besides GO done a cross promotion with the mainline games before?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The v1.2 update for Scarlet and Violet releases in late February

Pokémon Day happens on February 27 (which is late February)

Gee, I wonder if these two things are related in some way...

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Teletoon has one of the best selections of female characters in the animation business tbh
Teletoon Women.png

(Pretty much all of the Detentionaire and Total Drama women would count for this image, but I felt the best option would be to show a diverse selection of TV shows here because WOW Teletoon is great. If I missed anyone let me know!)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just lost about 2 hours of Progress in sonic frontiers because I loaded a wrong save and it immediately autosaved over the data I needed to load 🥲

I have not had much fun on chaos island

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they made a new Sonic RPG, this time in house at SEGA, which SEGA RPG series should it be bumming it's gameplay/battle system off of? Phantasy Star Classic? Shining Force? Skies of Arcadia? Skies of Arcadia? Maybe even SMT/Persona?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When i was younger, I used to have cable TV provided by DirectTV. One day, they had some sort of dispute with Viacom, and threatened ti take Viacom off their networks. Nickelodeon aired this every commercial in response

I remember this pretty well and uh... I was a bit upset but I ejded up just going to Cartoon Newtork. Also, it didn't work, Viacom was remived for like a week and a half and said commercial was deleted when DirectTV found out

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So the Kalos Villain Arc
View attachment 366385

So conspiracy time….

Could be possible they pull a random Shiny Zygarde alt. But other than that, the only other Pokemon I know of off the top of my head are the Latis and Kecleon, who aren't really too related to Kalos. If it isn't Zygarde, I've got no clue what this is.

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom