• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

KillerCage

Smash Master
Started playing sonic frontiers

Pretty tubular
I like how the open world is treated kinda like a new mechanic (like the color boys or angry night sonic) on top of the sonic levels unless the sonic levels stop (im still fairly early) I like both elements so far
Edit initial thoughts were probably a understatement on how important the open feel of this game is it’s sick
Question: what difficulty did you choose to play on?
I'm asking this because the difficulty determines whether you actually fight the final boss or you just do a QTE.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
legit thought this was a ****post
Wait, this is real???
Found this and now I wanna eat some barbed wire
They're really gonna put Kick Buttowski on here but not anyone from Phineas and Ferb???

(Team One though, because Sprig is there and Sprig is the GOAT)
Got to go with team Sprig and Luz.
In WB news, a report came in that WB is looking to sell its music library for about a billion dollars.
Just as you think WB has hit rock bottom, they find a new low.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** man, this year just doesn't keep stopping. We've now lost the daughter of the King of Rock and Roll.

Lisa Marie Presley. May she rest in peace joining her father up there.

God damn you 2023!!!! Stop taking people away from us!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they made a new Sonic RPG, this time in house at SEGA, which SEGA RPG series should it be bumming it's gameplay/battle system off of? Phantasy Star Classic? Shining Force? Skies of Arcadia? Skies of Arcadia? Maybe even SMT/Persona?
If it's gonna be turn-based, Phantasy Star and Shining Force kinda moved away from that so Like a Dragon might be a better choice. Characters actively traversing the battlefield sounds like a good fit for Sonic.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Teletoon has one of the best selections of female characters in the animation business tbh
View attachment 366386
(Pretty much all of the Detentionaire and Total Drama women would count for this image, but I felt the best option would be to show a diverse selection of TV shows here because WOW Teletoon is great. If I missed anyone let me know!)
If you're curious, these are all the characters on the meme. Left to right, top to bottom:
  • Maurecia (Wayside)
  • Caitlin Cooke (6teen)
  • Alex (Totally Spies)
  • Emma Mackenzie (Stoked)
  • Abby Archer (Grossology)
  • Sarah Laurence (Chaotic)
  • Patricia (Spliced)
  • Cybersix (...Cybersix)
  • Sharon Spitz (Braceface)
  • Joan of Arc (Clone High)
  • Tina Kwee (Detentionaire)
  • Betty Barrett (Atomic Betty)
  • Patsy (Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs)
  • Courtney (Total Drama)
  • Heloise (Jimmy Two-Shoes)
  • Laney Penn (Grojband)
  • Pauline Bell (Atomic Puppet)
  • Akiko (Wishfart)
  • Luna Palacios (Delta State)
I highly recommend checking these shows out if you're able to find them. ESPECIALLY 6teen, Stoked, Detentionaire and Grossology (the latter if you have a strong stomach, anyway...)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NBC wants to keep WWE, FOX wants to keep WWE, Disney wants WWE…even WWE’s top competitor AEW wants to buy and merge with them my god.

Probably gonna be one of the biggest company purchases/mergers of the year…and hopefully doesn't go down as badly as all of WBD

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you're curious, these are all the characters on the meme. Left to right, top to bottom:
  • Maurecia (Wayside)
  • Caitlin Cooke (6teen)
  • Alex (Totally Spies)
  • Emma Mackenzie (Stoked)
  • Abby Archer (Grossology)
  • Sarah Laurence (Chaotic)
  • Patricia (Spliced)
  • Cybersix (...Cybersix)
  • Sharon Spitz (Braceface)
  • Joan of Arc (Clone High)
  • Tina Kwee (Detentionaire)
  • Betty Barrett (Atomic Betty)
  • Patsy (Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs)
  • Courtney (Total Drama)
  • Heloise (Jimmy Two-Shoes)
  • Laney Penn (Grojband)
  • Pauline Bell (Atomic Puppet)
  • Akiko (Wishfart)
  • Luna Palacios (Delta State)
I highly recommend checking these shows out if you're able to find them. ESPECIALLY 6teen, Stoked, Detentionaire and Grossology (the latter if you have a strong stomach, anyway...)
I literally only recognized Alex and Betty but they're both great girls so I approve.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Big reveal, I turned myself into prison, Morty! I'm PRISON RIIIIIICK!

But seriously, what's with the Rick and Morty creators and Domestic Violence? Harmon got caught doing the same ****
Ya know as much as I want to act surprised I'm also a firm believer at this point that the art people make ultimately reflect things about the artists in some way.

Maybe I'm just judgemental.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ya know as much as I want to act surprised I'm also a firm believer at this point that the art people make ultimately reflect things about the artists in some way.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad take, as plenty of artists are pretty transparent about their inspirations being their own lives but I also think confirmation bias can easily play a role in this kind of thinking.

Noipoi

Howdy!

All my art involves dragons, goblins, and goth girls.

What does this say about me?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think this is necessarily a bad take, as plenty of artists are pretty transparent about their inspirations being their own lives but I also think confirmation bias can easily play a role in this kind of thinking.
That's true.

Well I'm definitely not going to go play angry Twitter knight and try to get random people cancled over my own disingenuous interpretations of their work.
All my art involves dragons, goblins, and goth girls.

What does this say about me?
It says you're a nerd.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's true.

Well I'm definitely not going to go play angry Twitter knight and try to get random people cancled over my own disingenuous interpretations of their work.
I used to argue with people over this stuff but I just ignore it nowadays (and then type a short character analysis essay to get it out of my system).

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
The feeling you get when someone slanders your favorite character and makes it so obvious that they didn't understand them at all is so frustrating.
I know the feeling...

The amount of times people have ripped apart Caitlin Cooke (6teen) for her flaws and "shallow-ness" without putting a single iota of focus on her many, many great aspects is far more than should be allowed. One time I tried to look at comment sections on 6teen episode uploads but I couldn't get far because seeing so much horrible mischaracterization and bad analysis of Caitlin caused my blood pressure to spike beyond belief. :089:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really wish there was a way to just play some of the open zone platforming challenges in frontiers without having to actually play the open zone areas. Maybe just make a gauntlet mode or something where you’re plopped in an area of the map where there’s a challenge and your only goal is to get to the ring at the end? Idk but something. Cause now that I’ve fixed the controls with mods, the cyberspace levels are more apparent as either copies of levels done better in other games or levels that feel like official Mario maker courses for the few original stages layouts, just taking the assets they already had and rearranging them. It’s not as fun as an actual game with actual level design. But then the open zone areas… look I beat the story and did all the side stories with Amy, Knuckles, Tails, and Sage. Even if there’s some interesting level design there, I have no desire to go back into that sandbox without a goal.

I miss the old way the games were. And you can only play the old games so many times. It’s not like people make boost fangames. The closest you get is the generations modding community. Those are fun stages but it’s not enough.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I felt like this was only a matter of time, Disney clearly values Jeff Marsh's and Dan Povenmire's work but Milo Murphy's Law just kinda existed and Hamster and Gretel always felt like a P&F TV Gag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom