• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ing how
Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan when I release TheMightyConsole
Xbox and PlayStation preparing to take you down while Nintendo ignores it all
Damn, my mind is shattered.
…what was the first and only time?

WE GOT MOAR WB DRAMA
imagine if they let The Rock go…would sure hype up the Roman fans and all, but I need my Peacemaker/Black Adam fight

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This was the art that's a part of a 4 part series. Leonardo's up first, you can probably guess who's also in this series, lmao. Anyway, he's my favorite of the turtles, so I'm usually happy to draw him!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sitting on top of the Pokemon Center, making my Pawmo/Bramblin walk circles, waiting for 1k steps.

Gameplay.
Just take your Pawmo and give it a good stretch.

There. There's your Pawmot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news, Westworld and The Nevers are getting pulled from HBO Max soon.

Regardless on how the shows were viewed, it is unpleasant all around.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Corporations: "Noooo don't pirate our stuff ::((("

Also Corporations: Removes things for no reason
From what I gather, it's to avoid paying out residuals.

Wonder if studios will want to work with WB in the future based on what is happening?

Edit: Feels odd the only untouched division so far seems to be gaming. Of course we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I beat Sonic Frontiers. I am glad that it unlocked an Arcade Mode because that's probably what I would want to be doing if I ever replayed this game. Especially potentially modded. I liked the story a lot and the voice acting was better than it ever had been, that one bit near the end, you know the one, Mike Pollok made me cry. I genuinely love Sage as a character and her relationship with Eggman, though not the white and blue color pallet she occasionally sports, and I am so glad that She's not dead. Can't wait for some daddy-daughter world conquering.. I probably will play every Cyberspace stage in the arcade mode before moving on to a replay of Unleashed because I genuinely loved playing them.

As for the upcoming DLC....
  • A Jukebox is great if you love the OST, but I can't remember a single piece from the game. I just have music from Forces and Black Knight in my head. Sometimes Colors and Generations. Would love it if the Jukebox gives you access to songs from older titles because it would spice up future playthroughs.
  • Photo Mode.... why do people like messing around with these? I just don't get it. It's harmless but like.... it confuses me.
  • New Challenge Modes looks interesting but I would probably want to just play the stages normally. I'd moreso hope that they revamp some of the level aesthetics (some, not all. I'm talking adding ones that aren't already there) and changing the controls to match the rest of the game then just having challenge modes. But hey, they might be fun to mess around with.
  • Sonic's Birthday.... what does this mean? Is this a mission? Is this a setpiece? Is this a cutscene? Is this a cake just sitting there on one of the islands?
  • Open Zone Challenge.... again what does this mean? Is this like the Challenge Modes? Someone please explain if more information is known because I'm stumped.
  • New Koco.... huh? The max level for Koco related stats is 99 and there are presumably already enough in the game to get you there. What's the purpose of adding new Koco?
  • Playable Characters and New Story. This is the most interesting part of the proposed DLC and I look forward to playing as Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. Amy in particular because she doesn't really have a set playstyle or an expected set of moves the way Tails and Knuckles do. Also it would be great if you could play as Sage. She's an adorable nugget I want to play as.
Edit: Also, would have been nice if you could fight a monster hunter monster or two with the collaboration DLC. Just saying. A roasting meat minigame and a skin is kind of lame.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
throw in the Wii/Switch Sports and it’s even more accurate

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man. I now sit in the afterglow of Sonic Frontiers and man… I never found what people see in it. Like it’s not horrible, it’s not broken or anything, but I just didn’t get much from the experience. Like… I like fighting in video games but this system was just kind of boring, even with all the flashy stuff Sonic could do. I kind of got tired of seeing the same set pieces in the open areas over and over again as I zigzagged all over the place doing what I needed to do. Like yeah, you navigate through them the way I would expect Sonic to do so but it all feels so… soulless…. Like they were there just to be there. The islands themselves even feel really similar despite having different biomes. They all blend together in my head.

I’ve let it sit for a while and i just don’t feel fulfilled by anything I just did. The story was nice, probably the best part, but honestly I would have enjoyed it better if different gameplay was backing it up.

Honestly I just want them to go back to linear levels. I don’t think this open zone design and sprinkled in combat is doing the experience any favors. They just need to make everything stand out more next time and focus on the core platforming stages and less on running through fields and fighting robots.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Gamera (Circa. 1855)
flying turtle.jpg

"Bewaere, the flighteing turtelle doth breath fyreballes. I hath seene him retract all limbs into his shelle and beclhe flamme frome the holes like a Catherine wheele to make greate haste!"
This sounds like it could've been a description in a medieval bestiary.

Top Bottom