• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Going to rewatch the first two Mario movies on December 21.

That day in particular is because that was when the upcoming one was supposed to launch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey everyone, since it is Christmas time, I wish to ask: What is your favorite ice level music from video games that sounds like Christmas music?

Mine are these.

What about you all?
The fact no one has posted this is wrong:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, just got back from the convention I was volunteering at, and hoo boy was that eventful! Time to go on a bit of a ramble, haha.

So, I got to meet a couple of voice actors! I met Cristina Vee briefly, and she signed my Shantae plush's box. I also got to meet Keith Silverstein, and oh my GOSH is that man so nice and pleasant, haha. I actually met him back in 2018, a little bit before I started doing VO. (A few months before I started, tops.) I mentioned that I've found some success in VO since I last saw him and he was so supportive, haha. A few VAs also popped by the con-ops room, (Which is basically the staff room) though I didn't get the chance to say hi, haha.

The con also had a scavenger hunt going on! You basically had to take pictures fulfilling certain criteria, then claim a prize for getting all pictures. Most of them were pretty easy. Take a picture with a Demon Slayer cosplayer, take a pic in the game room, etc. But some were definitely harder, like taking a picture with two people cosplaying the same character in the same photo, haha. I also had trouble finding a Sailor Moon cosplayer for one of the pictures, haha. But I finished, and I chose to redeem a stuffed bear as my prize. I also got some free stuff for volunteering: Some pins, a poster, two shirts, a little coin, and a small bag of Japanese sweets. The staff is so nice, haha.

And they also had a SUPER cool game room! I got to play a bit of Smash there, but I especially found myself drawn to the rhythm game arcade cabinets for some reason. And here's something funny- when I went to play one of them, it actually went to the configuration screen, and I had to boot up the game from there, haha.

Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp, just got back from the convention I was volunteering at, and hoo boy was that eventful! Time to go on a bit of a ramble, haha.

So, I got to meet a couple of voice actors! I met Cristina Vee briefly, and she signed my Shantae plush's box. I also got to meet Keith Silverstein, and oh my GOSH is that man so nice and pleasant, haha. I actually met him back in 2018, a little bit before I started doing VO. (A few months before I started, tops.) I mentioned that I've found some success in VO since I last saw him and he was so supportive, haha. A few VAs also popped by the con-ops room, (Which is basically the staff room) though I didn't get the chance to say hi, haha.

The con also had a scavenger hunt going on! You basically had to take pictures fulfilling certain criteria, then claim a prize for getting all pictures. Most of them were pretty easy. Take a picture with a Demon Slayer cosplayer, take a pic in the game room, etc. But some were definitely harder, like taking a picture with two people cosplaying the same character in the same photo, haha. I also had trouble finding a Sailor Moon cosplayer for one of the pictures, haha. But I finished, and I chose to redeem a stuffed bear as my prize. I also got some free stuff for volunteering: Some pins, a poster, two shirts, a little coin, and a small bag of Japanese sweets. The staff is so nice, haha.

And they also had a SUPER cool game room! I got to play a bit of Smash there, but I especially found myself drawn to the rhythm game arcade cabinets for some reason. And here's something funny- when I went to play one of them, it actually went to the configuration screen, and I had to boot up the game from there, haha.

Sounds like you're pretty content. I bet you're glad you considered going. Allow me to offer congratulations in this context, ad it's the only way to convey my feelings.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Bro that sounds fun as all heck. Glad you had a good time bro.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m immensely jealous.

But yeah, that’s awesome dude! Glad you got to enjoy yourself

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey everyone, since it is Christmas time, I wish to ask: What is your favorite ice level music from video games that sounds like Christmas music?

Mine are these.

What about you all?

I would have mentioned Cool Edge but you beat me to the punch.

Shroob

Sup?
I can get every starter

I can get Charmander

But man, no one wants to trade version exclusives through surprise trade, huh?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can get every starter

I can get Charmander

But man, no one wants to trade version exclusives through surprise trade, huh?
Most of the time, I see people trade away com mons in hopes of getting legendaries so yeah...

I see this is unchanged for Gen 9.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let's state the obvious first: yes, this version is better than the live action remake. With that said... Ay Del Toro, you sure do love doing your usual stuff.

Ok, so I wouldn't say this movie is necessarily for kids, but I'd say that with viewers discretion and with the company of parents It can be watched with kids up to 7 years old.
The movie covers A LOT of war themes, and It doesn't hold any punches. Honestly It is interesting to see Del Toro handling topics such as how war affected childhoods in Italy and I feel that the message the movie gives by the end is really powerful and emotional. Almost dropped a tear even.

The animation is dark yet also gorgeus, as expected from the director we are talking about. And The character design is amazing, done with the help of the Jim Henson company which has given us some iconic stuff already. The music is quite good and I did enjoy the musical segments.

Overall, I'd say the movie has a lot of artistic value. I'd have to rewatch It to see if It does make It to my list of best movies of 2022, but if you are a big Del Toro fan and wish to see a dark animated movie, I really can't reccomend this one enough.

My favorite movie of this year. An adaptation to the book that's as good as the original 1940 Disney film.
You heard of the pandemic
Not try the tripledemic, Covid, flu and RSV

Id rather be shot dead then look that stuff up intentionally
More like quadruplemic. You're forgetting monkeypox.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wish I could put up Christmas lights during the spring instead of the evil winter…also wishing they never had to be taken down

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just thought about how Bayonetta 2 didn’t win any awards at TGAs back in 2014, and that game had Helena as the VA still…but Bayo 3 wins an award this year after a voice switch to Jennifer Hale

idk if that’s coincidence or not, but either way that boycott of hers backfired in the absolute best of ways

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I may have gone a bit overboard...
The Four Swords Adventures one is such an underrated track.

Actually, Four Swords Adventures is one of the few LoZ games I rarely see talk about, period. I kinda get why, since it's structured very differently from practically every other non spin-off game in the franchise, but it's still a good game in it's own right.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I just completed the THIRD island in Frontiers and I still can’t remember any of the music except the “emerald get” jingle. I literally just fought the Knight Titan and the only song in my head, weirdly and fittingly, is the theme from Sonic and the Black Knight. How are people saying this game has a godly ost?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

If the ESRB site is any indication, the pixel remasters of Final Fantasy 1-6 are coming to Switch and PS4. I know a lot of people, myself included, were confused about why this wasn't the case from the start. (They were originally just for PC and mobile devices)

I haven't followed these too closely, but I might pick up 4-6 as long as the price is reasonable. (I beat 6, but that was a while ago, and I've only played a bit of 4 and none of 5)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

If the ESRB site is any indication, the pixel remasters of Final Fantasy 1-6 are coming to Switch and PS4. I know a lot of people, myself included, were confused about why this wasn't the case from the start. (They were originally just for PC and mobile devices)

I haven't followed these too closely, but I might pick up 4-6 as long as the price is reasonable. (I beat 6, but that was a while ago, and I've only played a bit of 4 and none of 5)
Honestly surprised they haven't come sooner.

But classic FF7 will probably be the only one I'll play.

Top Bottom