• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If the Splatoon team wereto add other species to be playable, what species would they even add that makes sense with ink? Jellyfish wouldn't make any sense. Eels also wouldn't make any sense.
Cuttlefish are the obvious answer.

Edit: Didn't see MightyP's post. Welp.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If the Splatoon team wereto add other species to be playable, what species would they even add that makes sense with ink? Jellyfish wouldn't make any sense. Eels also wouldn't make any sense.

A noo play experience needs a noo wuld and kurkturs :yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat the final boss, wow… That story and fight was crazy.

I can’t even imagine where they are going with the massive DLC Story expansion.

The levels in this were so intricately designed that it gives you use of basically every weapon. I’m hyped though to see where they are going.

The add on content for this game is gonna be great.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'd just want them to add different species of squid/octopi. There's a lot of biodiversity between different kinds of squid and octopi, I'd like to see that represented in some way.

Otherwise I'd like them to do an argonaut.
They're a suborder of octopus, but they're different enough.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Final episode of Primal season 2 airs midnight.

I'm not ready for Spear's and Fang's story to end...

Come on Gennedy's give them one more season.

A season with them in Hell after the Fire Chief drags them down ending that as a cliffhanger. Have them fight ******* demons and other demonic atrocities!

The horned demon god fits so well as a "final boss".

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Thinking about how just casually showing off Super Sonic yesterday implies that the final boss may take another Storybook cue and give us something like this
Lets see......Secret Rings has Darkspine Sonic. Black Knight has Excalibur Sonic. Frontiers is maybe Phantom Ruby (corruption?) Sonic. Do you think he might have better control of the Phatom Ruby compared to Infinite? Or maybe the Ruby's power is too much for one creature to handle it.
Screenshot_20220824-232349_YouTube.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also in regards to Sonic Frontiers...

It appears that Kirby and Smash Bros. creator, Masahiro Sakurai is wanting to buy the game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Death Battle suggestion.

Asura (Asura's Wrath) vs. Atrocitus (DC Comics)

The connection between Asura and Atrocitus is that they were both once loving fathers and husbands now fueled by anger and rage becoming vengeance-driven as a result of the loss of their families seeking revenge on those that seemingly did them wrong (Seven Deities for Asura, Guardians of the Universe for Atrocitus).

Whereas Asura remains on the path of goodness despite his vengeance, Atrocitus on the other hand over time became evil as a result of his need for vengeance.

It would eventually soon turn out while on their path for vengeance they found it was someone else at play responsible for the entire events of their tragedy. For Asura, Chakravartin who manipulated the Seven Deities into betraying Asura. For Atrocitus, Krona who caused a malfunctioning glitch that resulted in the Manhunters going rogue.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lets see......Secret Rings has Darkspine Sonic. Black Knight has Excalibur Sonic. Frontiers is maybe Phantom Ruby (corruption?) Sonic. Do you think he might have better control of the Phatom Ruby compared to Infinite? Or maybe the Ruby's power is too much for one creature to handle it.
View attachment 360857
Actually Iizuka commented on it, while the similarities are there, it's not connected to the Phantom Ruby, though we know from the Gamescom footage that it's related to Cyberspace

dezeray112

Smash Hero

New Street Fighter 6 trailer shown with four more additional characters.

So according to Ken's bio on the Street Fighter 6 website, apparently he's been accused of some sort of criminal activity that forced him to go in to hiding. Meaning that he has to leave his business and family behind.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For the game that's supposed to finally take place after SF3, you'd think they'd have at least one SF3 vet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the game that's supposed to finally take place after SF3, you'd think they'd have at least one SF3 vet.
Yeah, it's a little surprising; even the leaked roster doesn't have any, even though you'd think that they'd include some. (bare minimum, someone like Sean, Makoto, or Alex - maybe Ibuki, though I'm not sure how much overlap she has with Kimberly in terms of gameplay)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
tfw this invalidates any and all playercount arguments, because you can't tell if 7000 people playing SF6 are really playing SF6 and not Super Turbo

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, it seems Bayonetta 3 is removing weapon combinations and making every weapon its own unique set. So, no equipping a hand-only weapon along with a feet-only one.

This is a bit of a shame, as mixing and matching weapons was half of the fun in unlocking new ones but I guess it's not something I used that often during the heat of the combat. And with all weapons having their own Masquerade transformations, the old system wouldn't work well.

At least now every weapon will have its version of "Panther Within", which is a nice way to encourage being more experimental with them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, it seems Bayonetta 3 is removing weapon combinations and making every weapon its own unique set. So, no equipping a hand-only weapon along with a feet-only one.

This is a bit of a shame, as mixing and matching weapons was half of the fun in unlocking new ones but I guess it's not something I used that often during the heat of the combat. And with all weapons having their own Masquerade transformations, the old system wouldn't work well.

At least now every weapon will have its version of "Panther Within", which is a nice way to encourage being more experimental with them.
I never did this but it's sad when options get removed.

Not sad enough to make me disappointed cause holy **** Bayo still has those ****ing DMC1 DT looks

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Its such a good twist yet makes so much sense in hindsight...
:yoshi:
That's all imma say cause spoilers
I really hope we get Mario sunshine content for DLC.

If we got maps based on levels from that, that be pretty cool. Or even if they gave us a gun based on F.L.U.D.D that be really fun as an Easter egg.

Top Bottom