• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What was Nintendo thinking when they made the Super Chump?

**** is weak as hell and fools nobody

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo yeah I got DC'd lol, but I'm probably gonna call it for today. I enjoyed playing with you but it's getting kinda late and I'm ngl these last matches against team Shiver are just straight up miserable to play.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
yeah I got DC'd lol, but I'm probably gonna call it for today. I enjoyed playing with you but it's getting kinda late and I'm ngl these last matches against team Shiver are just straight up miserable to play.
No prob, playin with ya was fun as well. i need to take a break myself and, yeah these shiver teams just loooooove to corner you, every splatfest

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nintendo had been over Illumination's shoulder making sure they wouldn't **** up.
Ya know what? I'll say it.

I doubt Nintendo was behind turning Rainbow Road into a mad max parody. Or the deranged Luma everyone seems to love. Or even DK playing a major role in the movie.

The folks at Illumination were clearly passionate about this project. There's plenty to critize about the company but it's just petty to pretend they can never do any good either. And to put Nintendo on a pedastool while doing so is just hypocrtitical.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I doubt Nintendo was behind turning Rainbow Road into a mad max parody. Or the deranged Luma everyone seems to love. Or even DK playing a major role in the movie.

The folks at Illumination were clearly passionate about this project. There's plenty to critize about the company but it's just petty to pretend they can never do any good either. And to put Nintendo on a pedastool while doing so is just hypocrtitical.
Exactly. If anything telling me Nintendo was closely supervising the movie made me worry we’d get the film equivalent of Sticker Star.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

People forget that they made the first Despicable Me movie. They can definitely make a good movie when they want to, and it's clear just looking at the trailers that they had tons of fun with this one

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People forget that they made the first Despicable Me movie. They can definitely make a good movie when they want to, and it's clear just looking at the trailers that they had tons of fun with this one
Also also, Illumination never made a bad movie. Like yeah they may not be top of the line, maybe a little samey, but they're all somewhat entertaining at the worst. Animation nerds just see Minions and throw a tantrum even though majority of their movies are not like (amd are much better) than Minions.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This seems like a good time to switch up my avatar, although keeping t-posing Mario is also tempting.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also also, Illumination never made a bad movie
I’d argue the Lorax, even if it’s just from an adaptation standpoint

Animation nerds just see Minions and throw a tantrum even though majority of their movies are not like (amd are much better) than Minions.
I can’t say I fully blame them considering that movie held the second highest grossing animated movie of all time slot for a while

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’d argue the Lorax, even if it’s just from an adaptation standpoint
okay yeah that's fair

I can’t say I fully blame them considering that movie held the second highest grossing animated movie of all time slot for a while
Even then, Minions isn't even bad, it's moreso childish and immature if anything, which is ok cause they clearly geared it torwards the youngest of audiences. Like if I was 6 when it came out, I'd probably love it to death.

and tbh, the #1 movie wasn't much better

Noipoi

Howdy!
So Trolls 3 is gonna give Justin Timberlake's character boy band siblings, and they're NOT voiced by NSync?

Trash
I'll say this, the franchise is unpredictable.

After a sequel about expanding the world and uniting all the troll races in an epic adventure, I wasn't expecting a boyband road trip to be their next movie.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll say this, the franchise is unpredictable.

After a sequel about expanding the world and uniting all the troll races in an epic adventure, I wasn't expecting a boyband road trip to be their next movie.
Trolls 4 to be a rap/hip-hop based movie with new group TWA as they navigate the life of being a marginalized troll.

Songs are heavily censored

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also also, Illumination never made a bad movie. Like yeah they may not be top of the line, maybe a little samey, but they're all somewhat entertaining at the worst. Animation nerds just see Minions and throw a tantrum even though majority of their movies are not like (amd are much better) than Minions.
I'll take your word for it, I haven't really watched most of their movies and I even enjoyed the ones I watched when I was younger (except for the Lorax, I recognized its awfulness even when I had very low standards).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll take your word for it, I haven't really watched most of their movies and I even enjoyed the ones I watched when I was younger (except for the Lorax, I recognized its awfulness even when I had very low standards).
I mean same here, the last Illumination film I watched was Minions, but I do interact with young kids time to time and they absolutely love Illumination films. It's just safe movies for kids, aside from the Lorax it's pretty harmless stuff at worse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean same here, the last Illumination film I watched was Minions, but I do interact with young kids time to time and they absolutely love Illumination films. It's just safe movies for kids, aside from the Lorax it's pretty harmless stuff at worse.
Man what the **** did the Onceler do on tumblr for this I don't go out of my watch bad movies enough to know

Noipoi

Howdy!
The funniest part of the Onceler stuff is that the fandom desperately wanted to ship him with someone, because that's just what fandoms do, but there weren't any options because this is the goddamn Lorax we're talking about.

So they just shipped him with himself :090:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The funniest part of the Onceler stuff is that the fandom desperately wanted to ship him with someone, because that's just what fandoms do, but there weren't any options because this is the goddamn Lorax we're talking about.

So they just shipped him with himself :090:
I mean same.

Not shipping myself with myself but that there's no options for me to ship with.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Been out of the loop as I just returned from my holiday today, but there is a load of great promotion for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie.

Other than that, I had heard the news regarding to Jonathan Majors and it is really sad and disappointing what had transpired. At this stage I would not be surprised if Marvel Studios decide to recast Kang for the future of the MCU going forward.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well my buddies are busy tonight to go see Dungeons & Dragons. I'll go see it on Tuesday to take advantage of cheap night and a means of getting out.

Depending to if there are no dogs at the humane society to walk or play with, will go see the Mario movie this or next Saturday.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's a Blue Beetle trailer being released tomorrow. I don't know much about the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle (or the Ted Kord one, for that matter), but I'm looking forward to it; even though they've had issues (some more than others), I've generally liked DC's movie output, even if it's not at the quality of Marvel's. (though I'm glad that we're past the darkness/angst/broodiness of Snyder's version of Superman)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a Blue Beetle trailer being released tomorrow. I don't know much about the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle (or the Ted Kord one, for that matter), but I'm looking forward to it; even though they've had issues (some more than others), I've generally liked DC's movie output, even if it's not at the quality of Marvel's. (though I'm glad that we're past the darkness/angst/broodiness of Snyder's version of Superman)
Bug themed superhero fans when a bug themed superhero gets a trailer tomorrow on the 51st anniversary if another bug themed superhero
20230401_125716.jpg

(I enjoy bug themed superheroes)

Top Bottom