• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dad's currently down in Texas visiting my cousin and buddies have to work tonight. Dogs and I are gonna go down to my dad's tonight to chill and gorge on some snacks for the special occasion (Sandwiches, muffins, pizza, Doritos). Good time to begin watching Neon Evangelion Genesis.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There’s apparently a mid and post credits x scene in the Mario movie. One is apparently really cool and the other is fun but unexpected whatever that means.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Been meaning to watch it.

The dub is good, yeah?
I'm watching the dub and I'm conflicted.

On the one hand, the actors are doing a great job and the narrator is an absolute treasure

On the other hand sometimes the characters scream and I can't make out what they're saying to aave my life, plus it's a bit jarring when they suddenly start singing in Japanese. Also one of the main characters' voice actor got replaced in season 3.

I think I'm just more used to subs personally but the dub is pretty good

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There’s apparently a mid and post credits x scene in the Mario movie. One is apparently really cool and the other is fun but unexpected whatever that means.
Yeah it'd out early here, really odd to establish Marth in the Marioverse but he has his old pantless look so that's cool

Noipoi

Howdy!
May be a hot take, but I will not watch a Smash cinematic universe.

I would watch them if they were individual projects but as a full on Cinematic Universe, no.
A highly contained Smash movie with only a couple characters could be fun imo

The people who want the entire 80+ roster in a movie don’t know what they’re asking for.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A highly contained Smash movie with only a couple characters could be fun imo

The people who want the entire 80+ roster in a movie don’t know what they’re asking for.
It'll depend on the characters they use. Like Smash works cause it doesn't have a narrative most of the time, but for something like a movie, the tonal shift between a scene with Kirby and Ridley would be hella jarring.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
May be a hot take, but I will not watch a Smash cinematic universe.

I would watch them if they were individual projects but as a full on Cinematic Universe, no.
What if it was just fun nods like Villager ties a present to a balloon and we see that balloon float into another movie as a background detail.

even if not a full connection? Nods like that are fun.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What if it was just fun nods like Villager ties a present to a balloon and we see that balloon float into another movie as a background detail.

even if not a full connection? Nods like that are fun.
I'll enjoy easter eggs and cameos, I'm always down for that.
I don't want anymore cinematic universes period
That too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It baffles me how Nick Kart 3 has cut characters considering the series is basically known for reusing models and animations. Even Shredder, who you could argue needed to be changed from the last game, no! This studio co-developed Nick Brawl! So they have a fully rigged and animated 1987 Style Shredder.

The same argument could be made in favor of Nigel and Hugh who are missing from Nick Brawl’s roster but I don’t exactly miss them.

Makes me worry about cuts in a Nick Brawl sequel when that game really doesn’t need any. Except ironically maybe Hugh and Nigel.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since Square-Enix's Avengers game made most of the costumes free, I decided to give it another shot.

The game had a glitch where it went into a permanent state of slow motion, which happened a second time when I reloaded the game. (third time was the charm)

The portrayal of Kamala in this game is great, but otherwise, I feel like I'm not exactly missing much.

(also, I get that Mighty Thor and the Winter Soldier are clone characters who could be added in for cheap, but it feels weird that the game ended off with those two and we didn't get the likes of She-Hulk or Captain Marvel)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since Square-Enix's Avengers game made most of the costumes free, I decided to give it another shot.

The game had a glitch where it went into a permanent state of slow motion, which happened a second time when I reloaded the game. (third time was the charm)

The portrayal of Kamala in this game is great, but otherwise, I feel like I'm not exactly missing much.

(also, I get that Mighty Thor and the Winter Soldier are clone characters who could be added in for cheap, but it feels weird that the game ended off with those two and we didn't get the likes of She-Hulk or Captain Marvel)
They were suppose to be adding those two and then lost all their money because they made a really terrible game.

I say This as someone stupid enough to buy the $80 edition.

Story Was short and bland as hell. No one had personality except Kamala, Steve and Thor are worthless to the overall plot.

No idea how they fumbled so hard. Should have just been a mrs marvel game because that was the only good aspect.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I decided to look up the runtime of each Mario movie
  • Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyūshutsu Dai Sakusen!(1986)
    • 1 hour 1 minute
  • Super Mario Bros.(1993)
    • 1 hour 44 minutes
  • Super Mario Bros.(unofficial extended cut) (2021)
    • 2 hours 5 minutes
  • The Super Mario Bros. Movie(2023)
    • 1 hour 32 minutes
The new one is a good length in my opinion.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I decided to look up the runtime of each Mario movie
  • Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyūshutsu Dai Sakusen!(1986)
    • 1 hour 1 minute
  • Super Mario Bros.(1993)
    • 1 hour 44 minutes
  • Super Mario Bros.(unofficial extended cut) (2021)
    • 2 hours 5 minutes
  • The Super Mario Bros. Movie(2023)
    • 1 hour 32 minutes
The new one is a good length in my opinion.
The Sonic Movie 2 was over 2 hours in comparison but I wonder how much could have been cut down if they removed majority of the human scenes

Noipoi

Howdy!
IDK. I keep posting and nobody bites.
People aren't always gonna reply to what you post :drshrug:
I keep trying to do things and nothing works.
Sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something. If you're unwilling to endure that, you'll never get to the level you want to be at.
I feel like I can't make an impact on the world no matter what I do.
I'm sure the people in your life would disagree.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And remove the incredibly necessary wedding sequence? Perish the thought.
Low key I actually thought that scene was kinda of funny. Showed the sort of ridiculous and stupid antics GUN gets involved in.

Like City Escape was an off the wall level on sonic because it feels kinda out of place, which made it iconic and fun.

They are able to tell serious stories with them and then some That are a little out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom