• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What are you talking about? I don't have an outline and partial script for a Larry-Boy Origins movie and spinoff Serialized Show written on my laptop. You're making baseless accusations!

What do you mean I'm the one who brought it up!?!

What do you MEAN I'm talking to myself!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
March Smashness: Finale!

Alright, I would like to thank you all for voting as usual, befire I reveal the national Smashion, I would like to return to the rankings.

Disqualified:
Ice Climbers
ROB
G&W
Duck Hunt

First round exits:
Earthbound (eliminated by Minecraft)
Final Fantasy (e. Pokemon)
Bayonetta (e. Street Fighter)
Tekken (e. Mario)
Pac-Man (e. Draqon Quest)
Splatoon (e. Castlevania)
Star Fox (e. Punch Out)
Pikmin (e. Metroid)
Kid Icarus (e. Zelda)
Banjo-Kazooie (e. Animal Crossing)
Persona (e. Kingdom Hearts)
Metal Gear (e. Sonic)
Arms (e. Wii Series)
Xenoblade (e. Mega Man)
Fatal Fury (e. Fire Emblem)
F-Zero (e. Kirby)
Minecraft (e. Pokemon)
Street Fighter (e. Mario Universe)
Dragon Quest (e. Castlevania)
Punch Out (e. Metroid)
Animal Crossing (e. Zelda)
Kingdom Hearts (e. Sonic)
Wii Series (e. Mega Man)
Fire Emblem (e. Kirby)
Pokemon (e. Mario Universe)
Castlevania (e. Metroid)
Zelda (e. Sonic)
Mega Man (e. Kirby)
Metroid (e. Mario)
Kirby (e. Sonic)

And alas, the grand finale, the final winner. With 22 votes counted, the winner is...
THE MARIO UNIVERSE. Mario wins 14-8.

1. Fighting games aren't very popular on the boards. Fatal Fury and Tekken both lost round 1. Street Fighter got destroyed round 2. RIP.
  2. Non-platformer Third Parties in general faired bad. Majority got eliminated round one, and most adances were vs other third parties.
  3. RPGs may have faired the worst of them all. Despite Smash being filled with them, Pokemon was the only one that made it past round two, and all lost to a primarly platformer franchise.
  4. Smashboards hates more darker/mature franchises. Metroid and Castlevania were the only franchise for mature audiences (say rated T and up) that made it past round two, vast majority got eliminated round one.
  5. I heavily disagree with some of the choices y'all made, but I can't rig the vote.
  6. Smashboards's favorite food is white bread.

This was actually pretty fun, thanks for participating everyone!
Full disclosure, if it was between Mario and Zelda I'd choose Zelda but that didn't happen :yoshi:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? I don't have an outline and partial script for a Larry-Boy Origins movie and spinoff Serialized Show written on my laptop. You're making baseless accusations!

What do you mean I'm the one who brought it up!?!

What do you MEAN I'm talking to myself!
Hey, no worries

I'm making an outline, concepts and scripts for a Crash Bandicoot cartoon

That isn't even about Crash Bandicoot

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I remember you talking about that. It was for Tawna and the Nitro Squad right? I’d like to hear more about that.
Yuppers. After getting back into CTR:NF a few months back, I soon grew attached to the Nitro Squad and decided they'd make a perfect cartoon main cast.

A few days ago I made this post that explains my interpretations of the five. I took some liberties lol, but I think they might be enjoyable to watch in action.
Since I mentioned before I'm beginning work on concepts for a Nitro Squad-focused Crash Bandicoot cartoon, I figured I might show off the character bios for my interpretations of the five gals. Under the spoiler

Tawna
Tawna is the leader of the Nitro Squad, and has been ever since she and the other four girls first decided to form a racing team together. Aspiring to be like her boyfriend, the heroic Crash Bandicoot, Tawna is a spunky and tomboyish marsupial who takes her leadership position…relatively seriously. Being the leader, Tawna often finds herself rolling her eyes at her friends’ antics, but she’s not above getting pulled into the hijinx herself. While she can sometimes be snarky and rude when she’s especially annoyed, she’s still very close to her friends and loved ones, and if you mess with them, she won’t let you get away with it without at least one limb missing!
Voice Actor: Misty Lee

Ami
Ami is a playful and adventurous tomboy who loves the thrill of the race. She likes to think she’s brave, but she’s a bit more skittish than she’d like to admit! She’s not exactly the brightest of bulbs, and she cries easier than a grieving cane toad, but she’s got a caring heart and even if she’s afraid, she’ll come through for her friends in the end. Ami’s an accomplished athlete as well as a racer, but she’s not all sweat and fisticuffs – she’s kind, friendly and has a secret love for flowers, though you’d have a hard time getting her to admit it if you don’t know her well enough. Above all, though, Ami is a loyal and lovable friend and will do anything for those she cares about!
Voice Actor: Cissy Jones

Megumi
Megumi is a bubbly and nerdy scientist with a heart of gold. She’s a girly-girl to the core and has a kind heart to match. A wannabe genius, Megumi loves playing with biology, chemistry and the like, but she’s not exactly the best at it… Megumi is very close with her friends and will do anything she can to help them, be it work on their cars or try to cure their allergies with disgusting placebo tonics. While she’s not quite as timid and emotional as Ami, she does have her doormat tendencies – she’ll probably let you win a race if you ask her. Despite her occasional mess-ups and the explosions her science fascination sometimes causes, Megumi’s friends love her and wouldn’t have her any other way!
Voice Actor: Stephanie Sheh

Liz
Liz is a laid-back former supermodel who moved forward from letting British men snap pictures of her…let’s say “tail” and moved on to racing with her friends. She’s a bit sarcastic and loves making jokes and pulling pranks, but deep within that fur beats a heart of gold along with that will of steel. She likes to think everyone has a bit of good inside them – a belief that can sometimes get her into trouble! Alas, Liz can’t help this. Compassion’s in her nature, perhaps even moreso than insulting your mother. While she can sometimes be smug and egotistical, Liz cares just as much about everyone else as she does about herself. Just don’t touch her biscuits!
Voice Actor: Victoria Atkin

Isabella
Isabella is the oldest of the Nitro Squad, but she only wishes she was the most mature! She’s on the temperamental side – beat her in the race and her bitter side will be on full show. But she’s not all rage – like all her friends, she’s got a kind heart and a bit of a dorky nature on the inside. She’s also protective of her squadmates, and like Tawna she’ll do anything she can to keep them happy. She holds a particularly soft spot for Liz, the first true friend she ever had and her surrogate little sister figure. And if you’re a fan of pizza, Isabella is your bandicoot – she’ll talk to you about it for hours. She’s also very skilled at racing and is always willing to help her friends improve their racing skills further!
Voice Actor: Melanie Minichino

Would love to know your favorite of my interpretations!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yuppers. After getting back into CTR:NF a few months back, I soon grew attached to the Nitro Squad and decided they'd make a perfect cartoon main cast.

A few days ago I made this post that explains my interpretations of the five. I took some liberties lol, but I think they might be enjoyable to watch in action.
It’s a good portrayal of the cast but I would like to know more about what the show would actually be about.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
It’s a good portrayal of the cast but I would like to know more about what the show would actually be about.
So here's the basic gist...

I've been wanting to get this on PBS Kids, but as one with an older-demographic slant than many of the shows (ie it's more of an actionized Arthur than a Daniel Tiger). It falls into the social studies edutainment class, while also teaching important moral lessons of all kinds, plus some extra tidbits about the world and its cultures (like Let's Go Luna). There's lots of racing and action moments of course, with plenty of slice-of-life stuff as well. It's all in service of showcasing the importance of friendship, camaraderie and teamwork. It's kind of like Wild Kratts in a way, but replace animal science and creature power suits with social education and kart racing with some scientist-fighting too.

In fact, if I were to sum it up most simply, I'd say: It's about love. Of all fashions, from all sorts of people and even animals. Love is something shared between so much of our world, no matter where we come from. And this show aims to teach why love is so important!

Shroob

Sup?
I'm surprised how sometimes, one thing can lead to another.

Realized I hadn't obtained every sandwich in Scarlet, so I went off hunting the NPC who had them.

When I found them, getting all 151 recipes registered, I noticed a glowing TM ball on the map, and picking it up said it was New.

That was the last TM I was apparently missing, I now have all 171 of them too.

Two birds with one stone.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Now since I've been talking about PBS Kids so much...

Everyone, gather round. I am beginning a PBS Kids Census.
I want to hear your favorite PBS Kids show. Out of all of them. Both cuz I’d love to hear your POVs on their long history of cartoons and other shows.

First of all there's me. And well...
i really dig her.png

Those animal-loving inventors got me acting unwise.

My vote goes to Wild Kratts.
What is yours?

(Yes, the results will somewhat help to influence how my own cartoon may come out)

Noipoi

Howdy!

I want to hear your favorite PBS Kids show. Out of all of them. Both cuz I’d love to hear your POVs on their long history of cartoons and other shows.

View attachment 369649

What is yours?

(Yes, the results will somewhat help to influence how my own cartoon may come out)
Arthur's the GOAT
I also liked Peep and the Big Wide World
Cyberchase
Dinosaur Train
Martha Speaks
Fetch!
Wild Kratts
And while I was a bit too old for Peg+Cat, I thought it was really cute.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hope it doesn't mean anything offensive...it just seemed to be a funny way of saying "I really like Aviva guys"

I just think she's really cute and adorable and I wanna kiss her face. Considering the Kratts are adults, she's probably around the same age as me anyway.
Nono it's not offensive, it just means you are severely horny

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 369649

What is yours?

Dragon Tales was my jam when I was little and considering dragons are my longest standing special interest I'll say I am in fact 101% biased in that opinion.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, please welcome the redesigned starter trio! Also, they finally have names!
1679399219391.png

First we have Spruppy, the Puppy Pokémon. It's very playful and affectionate. This Pokémon was a popular hunting companion in ancient times, and remains as such to this day. Unfortunately, it's not very good at climbing trees, so when their prey escapes atop a tree, it can only really bark at it from below.

Next is Vipurn, the Fire Snake Pokémon. Vipurn is often seen whistling through the instrument on its tail. It's widely believed that this is where they get their fire powers from. It's fairly anti-social and will usually flee at the sight of people, but those who bond with it find an invaluable ally.

Last but not least is Delphoy, the Dolphin Pokémon. Despite its limited movement on land, it's an expert swimmer and will often swim long distances before returning to its trainer. It can create bubbles using its blowhole and often seems to be trying to recreate human clothes, with limited success.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really love how much love Donkey Kong is getting in the Super Mario Bros. Movie. He's Mario's og rival and it feels like Nintendo kind of forget about that until fairly recently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a dream that to prepare for the Mario Movie, they remade Mario Galaxy for the Switch. The game looked visually stunning and Rosalina was very pretty, but the teaser was based off the storybook scenes so not much gameplay.

Now I'm kinda mad it's not happening.
It sounds like you just want Paper Mario in a Galaxy setting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thanks For Watching

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I didn’t even know this show was ending. I thought it barely started. :sakbanjo:
show started in 2020, but season 3 itself was cut short (we barely got those 3 episodes out of luck)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom