• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright Owl House, let's see who's really under that mask!
View attachment 369673
Gasp
The gay agenda!?
The same thing happened in Steven Universe and Craig of the Creek*, cartoon channels really don't like gays showing their sexualities down innocent kids' throats.

(*and maybe Legend of Korra but I might be remembering it wrong)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The same thing happened in Steven Universe and Craig of the Creek*, cartoon channels really don't like gays showing their sexualities down innocent kids' throats.

Korra did backlash as iirc it was before Obama legalized gay marriage. Now people say it forced Nick to put it online only, but truth is Korra's ratings were dwindling on TV and the online move actually kept the series afloat.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Korra’s finale is what started it, tho they only had the Korrasami walk that lead to “they walked so the other could run” thing being literal

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Never actually finished Korra. I just remember being bored by the end of season 2.
Season 2 is rough, but the show significantly improves by seasons 3 and 4. (they seem to be aware that season 2 wasn't great; there's a line in an episode near the finale mocking its villain)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My biggest issue with Korra was that they leaned in way too much into its stupid love web, probably to appeal to all the shippers from The Last Air Bender fandom. Because that's how ypu appeal to your fanbase - by assuming vocal minorities on the internet speak for everyone.

Anyone remember Bolin having a random crush on Korra just for the drama? Can't have a female protagonist without the two lead males competing for her affection.

Or Mako cheating on both Korra and Asami just because woah love triangles, fans will love this (note: fans didn't love it).

That's what I watch an action adventure series for. Bad high school love drama. I remember my older sister was furious at Mako, my younger sister was furious at the writers for character assaasination, and I was just disillusioned with the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure making Korra x Asami canon was just fan appeasement to try and make up for all the stupid stuff in Seasons 1/2, and that's why it was so last second. Which yeah queer representation is very important and it is praiseworthy that they put it in but did they really need to take such a stupid route to get there?

Granted I think romance was handled pretty badly in ATLA too but at least it took the back seat for most of the series.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Korra the series is pretty mid overall but Korra herself has big muscly arms and is tomboy so that automatically retracts any and all criticism I have for it

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My biggest issue with Korra was that they leaned in way too much into its stupid love web, probably to appeal to all the shippers from The Last Air Bender fandom. Because that's how ypu appeal to your fanbase - by assuming vocal minorities on the internet speak for everyone.

Anyone remember Bolin having a random crush on Korra just for the drama? Can't have a female protagonist without the two lead males competing for her affection.

Or Mako cheating on both Korra and Asami just because woah love triangles, fans will love this (note: fans didn't love it).

That's what I watch an action adventure series for. Bad high school love drama. I remember my older sister was furious at Mako, my younger sister was furious at the writers for character assaasination, and I was just disillusioned with the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure making Korra x Asami canon was just fan appeasement to try and make up for all the stupid stuff in Seasons 1/2, and that's why it was so last second. Which yeah queer representation is very important and it is praiseworthy that they put it in but did they really need to take such a stupid route to get there?

Granted I think romance was handled pretty badly in ATLA too but at least it took the back seat for most of the series.
All this makes me think of is the horrible horrible Voltron shipping days

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love to imagine Mighty is the mall cop going around hitting people upside the head if they even show a tiny bit of thirst
And like a cop, I'm a #proud hypocrite
Yeah, you right about that but i left that fandom so fast
but im in an abusive relationship with the anime Hetalia. I leave, i come back, i leave, I come back, I leave-View attachment 369677
Watching Hetalia in 2023, there has got to be better ways to spend your time

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm actually super proud of my starter Pokémon sketches that I posted earlier. I think they actually look like Pokémon now rather than deviantart tier Neopets rejects

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sometimes I think about ACNH and how they never brought back those “cameo” villagers. Granted the MH ones would require to negotiate with Capcom again and that’s a pain in the ass surely, but the Nintendo Amiibo ones come oooonnnnnn

#JusticeforCeceAndViche
TFW no OtH themed ones either for NH, that was one of my hopes… 🥺

Also for next AC if we got Deep Cut inspired villagers what would they be? Bonus - you can’t make Shiver an Octopus cuz too low hanging fruit

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Never actually finished Korra. I just remember being bored by the end of season 2.
the weakest of all Avatar books
Season 2 is rough, but the show significantly improves by seasons 3 and 4. (they seem to be aware that season 2 wasn't great; there's a line in an episode near the finale mocking its villain)
yeah Book 2 is weak as hell, while Books 1 and 4 are awesome. Book 3 however…that is mother ****ing cinema

Books 3 and 4 both had love take a bit of a backseat for Korra, Asami and Mako. However, those books also built up the relationship Korra and Asami, so their slow progress towards the love train was planned at the least (tho they probably would’ve rushed things if Nick said no to their intimacy). With Bolin, he did find love in Opal at least, and didn’t misread that one like he did Korra.

as for Mako…he deserved no love, and thankfully got none by the end of the show (and still continues to lack love in the comics).

Top Bottom