• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be fun? A version of the Suicide Squad made up of the lamest/most hated versions of their characters from across their many adaptations and reboots. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze, Super Friends Aquaman, and New 52 Lobo.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
So this may be a dumb question, but are you from Canada?

Or do you just really really like Canime?
I'm actually European, lol. I just happened to fall in love with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as a kid, and that snowballed me into the Canadian cartoon legions, from me first getting attached to Total Drama all the way to my current Wild Kratts fixation

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm actually European, lol. I just happened to fall in love with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as a kid, and that snowballed me into the Canadian cartoon legions, from me first getting attached to Total Drama all the way to my current Wild Kratts fixation
A lot of the cartoons that are produced in Canada aren't considered "Canadian Cartoons" by many because they are owned by or made for American networks. Like MLP is a prime example. Or another good example is Ed, Edd, n Eddy. Many don't know that it was animated in Canada and has a mostly Canadian cast. People only find out about the bad ones being Canadian because they deliberately look into them and try to find out "who made this garbage".

Also I heard somewhere once that Canadian TV stations have to air a certain percentage of content made in and set in the country by law, so a lot of people in America blame their perception of Canada having bad TV shows on that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You want arthritis?

Wario show you arthritis.
You think the N64 controller is good? You gotta be coo coo crazy!

(what's really coo coo crazy is emulators mapping the C buttons to the right stick, ignoring all the games that use them as...not camera buttons)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

(what's really coo coo crazy is emulators mapping the C buttons to the right stick, ignoring all the games that use them as...not camera buttons)
It's almost like having two D-Pads on a single controller is a terrible idea

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I like to map them to X, Y, R1, and R2. Like how fighting games replicate the whole 6 button fight stick layout on a controller.

God, imagine if video games had normalized the six button layout from the Genesis.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If the Switch's N64 controller allowed button mapping like the Joy-Con and Pro Controller I'd use it more.

No X or Y buttons and the C buttons always set up as right stick greatly limits my options.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I wasnt already a RE4 fan, this would of sold me

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Check this out, everyone. It’s Sonic Frontiers related.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is the game straight washing, or are you committing bi-erasure?

Dump Truck emoji aside, iirc Bayo 3 Bayonetta was a different one from 1 and 2, so yeah I guess there would be differences for things like sexuality or something. Even then, she has been known to **** with guys, she's just more... open with ladies

That said, I do understand why people wouldn't be happy with the romance.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I didn't play a single Bayo game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dump Truck emoji aside, iirc Bayo 3 Bayonetta was a different one from 1 and 2, so yeah I guess there would be differences for things like sexuality or something. Even then, she has been known to **** with guys, she's just more... open with ladies

The issue with Bayo 3 is that now people are meant to just accept Jeane and Bayo are just friends with Bayo's true love interest being Luka who is also suddenly a werewolf fairy king or some **** out of nowhere. Also the game tries to pull a Devil May Cry V with it's ending while forgetting that DMCV did not literally kill off a majority of the cast but also had the character who replaces the protagonist debut in a different game, giving Nero more time to get fleshed out and fans to warm up on him unlike Viola who a lot of people find underdeveloped and find her role as the new Bayonetta undeserved

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ratio
View attachment 369592

Though tbh if you were from Canada that'd probably be a bigger plot twist for me.
There are times where I have to teach the imperial measurement system, and it honestly feels like whoever created it picked out completely random numbers for their conversion rates.

12 inches to a foot is fine, then there's 3 feet to a yard, but then it's 1760 yards to a mile.

At least with the metric system, it's powers of ten (10, 100, 1000, etc.) no matter what you're converting between.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh also Bayonetta had a **** ton of queerbaiting from the games themselves, lore outside the games, promotional materials and the SMT mobile crossover of all things going "So are they, y'know..." Before Kamiya got possessed by the spirit of Shinzo Abe to say Bayo needs big manly wolf **** to make babies with for a relationship. That'd be like if Metroid suddenly made Samus an insecure "My baby is dead" character who relies on Big Strong Men to tell her to activate her suit's upgrades or something. Imagine alienating your audience that heavily

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
bi-erasure
Please dont erase me, i still have a rabbit to take care of
Here's a cool fun fact:

When your pets's see us or are rubbed/petted by us, their brains release very similar hormones and chemicals to what our brains release when we see somone that we like/love.

In other words, your pets do love you back.
What happaend if i rub her entire face while Im petting her, will she explode? Because she sometimes lets me pet her whole face

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The game basically turned Luka into a writer self-insert, where he randomly gets werewolf powers because "the multiverse is unstable", becomes more effective against the final boss than a literal army of Bayonettas, and the game's theme song is all about him. (rather than being about Bayonetta, the actual main character)

He suddenly becomes the "Arch-Adam Origin" (whatever this means is unclear) to Bayonetta's "Arch-Eve Origin" for seemingly no reason beyond one of the writers wanting Bayonetta and Luka to get into a relationship even though Bayonetta consistently treated him with amusement and showed little to no signs of serious romantic interest. (she barely even interacted with him in Bayo 2)

That's on top of Viola seemingly only existing for two reasons - to unsubtly set up that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to be together (in Viola's first interaction with Bayonetta, she says "I'm your--" before cutting herself off), and to justify a passing-of-the-torch ending that absolutely nobody asked for.

Bayonetta 3's ending is the Mass Effect 3 ending for action games, in my eyes.

EDIT: And that's not even getting into Jeanne's treatment in the game or the final boss (who, in my opinion, was the worst of the series both in terms of characterization and in terms of the actual fight) - I could talk for a while about those.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The game basically turned Luka into a writer self-insert, where he randomly gets werewolf powers because "the multiverse is unstable", becomes more effective against the final boss than a literal army of Bayonettas, and the game's theme song is all about him. (rather than being about Bayonetta, the actual main character)

He suddenly becomes the "Arch-Adam Origin" (whatever this means is unclear) to Bayonetta's "Arch-Eve Origin" for seemingly no reason beyond one of the writers wanting Bayonetta and Luka to get into a relationship even though Bayonetta consistently treated him with amusement and showed little to no signs of serious romantic interest. (she barely even interacted with him in Bayo 2)

That's on top of Viola seemingly only existing for two reasons - to unsubtly set up that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to be together (in Viola's first interaction with Bayonetta, she says "I'm your--" before cutting herself off), and to justify a passing-of-the-torch ending that absolutely nobody asked for.

Bayonetta 3's ending is the Mass Effect 3 ending for action games, in my eyes.
The way I go abiut it just "Bayo can be anything you want. She can be bi, she can be Straight, she can be lesbian, all three obviusly exsist" I myself just chose the bi route.

Havent gotten any hate for it yet but there is a lot of peoplw on twitter who hate bi people so who knows

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The way I go abiut it just "Bayo can be anything you want. She can be bi, she can be Straight, she can be lesbian, all three obviusly exsist" I myself just chose the bi route.

Havent gotten any hate for it yet but there is a lot of peoplw on twitter who hate bi people so who knows
Yeah, I suppose the multiverse concept leaves it open - I'm just concerned that Bayonetta Origins is going to go out of its way to double down on the ending of Bayonetta 3 and establish that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to be in a relationship in every single universe. (all I know about the plot is that Bayonetta's trying to save her mother, she summons Cheshire to protect herself since she's only a witch-in-training, and she gets contacted by a mysterious boy with ties to fairies)

Last edited:
Top Bottom