• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So someone’s joke post about a “leak” for a certain other Nintendo character being in the Mario Movie got them DMCA’d LMAO.

Potential spoilers ahead:
Im having a fit thinking about seeing link is a feature length movie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So someone’s joke post about a “leak” for a certain other Nintendo character being in the Mario Movie got them DMCA’d LMAO.

Potential spoilers ahead:
Reposting this for the new page.
This confirms that every single Nintendo franchise ever will appear in the movie (except Pokémon because **** Pokémon) :4pacman:
Skill issue tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also speaking of leaks, we may know the rest of the characters for the Mario Kart 8 DLC:
1632555392797483010[/MEDIA]

to guess at more characters when the first 3 waves had None is pretty interesting. They also had birdo As one of them. So this is worth thinking about. Would be hype if real.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also speaking of leaks, we may know the rest of the characters for the Mario Kart 8 DLC:

to guess at more characters when the first 3 waves had None is pretty interesting. They also had birdo As one of them. So this is worth thinking about. Would be hype if real.
Most of them seem like okay additions, but Is "Dot Mario" supposed to be Mario's SMK sprite as a playable character? I know they have things like that in Tour and Japanese people prefer calling pixels "dots".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, it is. Mr. Enter's damage has been done
Eh, I wouldn't say Enter was the main cause of the backlash. The show already garnered a lot of criticism and detractors before he started making several videos on it. Being a bizarre and often mean-spirited (at least in the earlier seasons) comedic take on an extremely popular 2000s show will do that. Mr. Enter mostly just added fuel to the fire, but I'll admit that the backlash is definitely overblown nowadays.

That being said...the show also had a number of problems that got perfectly fair criticism. IIRC, the writers had a strong tendency to mock literally any criticism the show got in the earlier seasons. Comedy-oriented or not, that's generally not a good outline or practice for any show. That's in addition to the network repeatedly trying to insist to their that viewers that TTG is "your new favorite show" and the channel airing extensive rerun marathons more often than anything in favor of other shows like Steven Universe, OK. K.O, Regular Show, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, and whatever was left of Adventure Time (which admittedly had it's own share of problems) It's possible that this may have also contributed to some shows being cancelled due to lower ratings, but take that with a grain of salt. It at least definitely kept most of the network's other programming aside from Gumball from getting as much airtime or rerurns.

The show itself is mostly just a hit or miss at worst, but people did have perfectly legitimate complaints about it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
80s April and Misty sparked my affinity for redheads.
I mean, I would agree but I was a May and 2012 April kid.

Idk what happened between then and now because it's no secret to y'all that my type are... significantly different than white redheads.

Edit: it was Oliva Pokemon and then Marina Splatoon. That's what changed me, cpmong back to me like a core memory

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

The link is busted for me but if its the one I am thinking of The 4chan post with characters like King Bob-omb and pauline formatted like game files then it was confirmed fake.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
80s April and Misty sparked my affinity for redheads.
Mary Jane, Kim Possible, and Thorn did the trick for me
Pauline is all I need

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

EMBED FAIL

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Most of them seem like okay additions, but Is "Dot Mario" supposed to be Mario's SMK sprite as a playable character? I know they have things like that in Tour and Japanese people prefer calling pixels "dots".
yes that is who it’s referencing.
The link is busted for me but if its the one I am thinking of The 4chan post with characters like King Bob-omb and pauline formatted like game files then it was confirmed fake.
Source of it being confirmed fake? There shouldn’t be a definite way unless someone admitted in that thread it’s fake and could prove they were the OP. Which from what I’ve seen didn’t happen.
EMBED FAIL
Yeah apparently Twitter’s broken I guess lol.

here’s a screen cap:

94AAFF1D-8DA6-49B2-B6B7-BDB9029EA720.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
yes that is who it’s referencing.

Source of it being confirmed fake? There shouldn’t be a definite way unless someone admitted in that thread it’s fake and could prove they were the OP. Which from what I’ve seen didn’t happen.

Yeah apparently Twitter’s broken I guess lol.

here’s a screen cap:

It's not definitive proof but like. 10+ characters on the way when there's only 2 unrevealed DLC sets left? No way, don't buy it for a single second

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There is also allegedly some talk that this was made up on a discord server but that has no source.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I did it! I beat Pikmin 1!

All ship parts collected at Day 23 isn't too bad for my first real attempt, I think. My Pikmin casualties of 535 was a bit depressing to look at though lol.

Ahhh, it feels so good to finally finish this one after renting the GCN version numerous times way back then.
Ayyyyy, congrats, Lamp!

Completing the game with seven days to spare is definitely a good run. And yeah, pretty much every player has a huge number of Pikmin deaths on their first run or so lol, so don't worry about that too much. If you play Pikmin again and wanna challenge yourself, practice the game some more and try to keep as many Pikmin alive as possible. Zero-Death Runs are an especially popular challenge across the series.

Yeah, completing a game after not playing it for years is always good closure. I know I was glad when I beat the original NES LoZ like a decade or so after first starting the game as a little kid.

I'm curious what you thought of the boss fights. How'd your fights with the Beady Longs Legs and Emperor Bulblax go?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Your link is broken but I'm assuming you're referring to a tweet made by "tee".
If legit, yeah, there's no way the Booster Course Pass this late in its lifespan is the only DLC MK8D is getting.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyone with Violet got a sec to let me hop in their Area Zero and grab an Iron Hands? Need one with Electric tera type but mine's fighting.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
While it is a ridiculous amount of new drivers for a pass that's added a grand total of 1 more as of Wave 4, at the same time I can't imagine they'd be too hard to make.

Most of these characters have Wii U/Switch-quality models already, and being drivers in Mario Kart Tour means...they have Mario Kart animations. Not to mention characters don't have unique stats like they did in DS/Wii so they don't need to worry about MK8 being taken over by Funky Kong as well.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ayyyyy, congrats, Lamp!

Completing the game with seven days to spare is definitely a good run. And yeah, pretty much every player has a huge number of Pikmin deaths on their first run or so lol, so don't worry about that too much. If you play Pikmin again and wanna challenge yourself, practice the game some more and try to keep as many Pikmin alive as possible. Zero-Death Runs are an especially popular challenge across the series.

Yeah, completing a game after not playing it for years is always good closure. I know I was glad when I beat the original NES LoZ like a decade or so after first starting the game as a little kid.

I'm curious what you thought of the boss fights. How'd your fights with the Beady Longs Legs and Emperor Bulblax go?
I actually didn't have that much trouble with Beady Long Legs but Emperor Bulblax definitely had my total death count rise by a good hundred.

But the boss fights overall were quite fun and made the ship parts attached to them feel even more satisfying to collect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's fake because we all know Petey has been banished from console Mario spinoff games
If King Bob-Omb can get in golf, nothing stops petey’s return lol.
It's not definitive proof but like. 10+ characters on the way when there's only 2 unrevealed DLC sets left? No way, don't buy it for a single second
The simple solution is either

A) Birdo arrives with more characters

B)More DLC, something we already got a hint for.
There is also allegedly some talk that this was made up on a discord server but that has no source.
Interesting, my biggest red flag is no direct archive link but that has stopped real leaks before.
Your link is broken but I'm assuming you're referring to a tweet made by "tee".
If legit, yeah, there's no way the Booster Course Pass this late in its lifespan is the only DLC MK8D is getting.
My personal theory is that we Get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Champion edition. A enhanced version of of MK8 for the new switch model. All DLC included but it’s only playable on the new model. DLC gets added to the normal mk8 over time.

Either that or we just get more DLC and they sell Mario Kart 8 like it’s new again anyway lol
LEGO Mario announcement coming MAR10 Day

View attachment 369095
Iirc the price for this is listed at like $120 or $150 dollars.

Meaning it’s a set more Akin to Bowser or the ? Block.

Give us Peach’s castle!

Top Bottom