• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo REALLY needs to enforce quality control on the Switch eShop.

It's cluttered with shovelware as well as some lewd games (there are 9 games with Hentai in the title for Pete's sake)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nintendo REALLY needs to enforce quality control on the Switch eShop.

It's cluttered with shovelware as well as some lewd games (there are 9 games with Hentai in the title for Pete's sake)
Geez Louiez! The "H" word? What was Nintendo thinking by allowing that on their system? Better yet, what were they smoking?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Geez Louiez! The "H" word? What was Nintendo thinking by allowing that on their system? Better yet, what were they smoking?
We are long from the days when Nintendo of America forced bars to become cafes and Kombat to not be so Mortal.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is NSMBU worth getting in the year of our lord 2023?

Never played it before, and I loved the original and Wii. Now that the movie's coming out, and after playing 1-World, I'm kinda curious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The simple solution is either

A) Birdo arrives with more characters

B)More DLC, something we already got a hint for.
Option A makes no sense as they already did a video showcasing all the tracks in this wave last week to go "Hey, new wave next week!" If it was gonna have more characters than just Birdo and her recolours, they'd have shown it off then instead of keeping it an extra special surprise, especially as it can be used as even more leverage to get NSO+ or the pass already. As for B, that relies on a seperate rumour entirely that isn't mentioned or even implied in the one about 10+ characters. Also, the 4chan post exists solely as an image oddly enough, usually people can find the thread a post is from in these situations but no such luck for a post that's supposedly merely a month old. Isn't it odd people only found it days ago and can only show pictures of it instead of where it came from?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well Rip, because the Wii U version actually has more content since iirc they removed the challenges and boost mode for some reason.

Edit: they actually cut like every other side mode for no reason and they genuinelly made the game a lot more fun. Get another Mario game

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well Rip, because the Wii U version actually has more content since iirc they removed the challenges and boost mode for some reason.

Edit: they actually cut like every other side mode for no reason and they genuinelly made the game a lot more fun. Get another Mario game
I want to strangle John Nintendo for this decision cause if I can get RE2make and DMCV half off on launch year then that horse **** should be outright criminal

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is NSMBU worth getting in the year of our lord 2023?

Never played it before, and I loved the original and Wii. Now that the movie's coming out, and after playing 1-World, I'm kinda curious.
It's a fun SMB title. Doesn't really do anything drastic from what Wii did outside of the world map but if you like Wii than this is still a nice pick (New Super Luigi U does spice things up).

It's going on sale 33% off this month for Mario Day (physical and digital, IIRC) so wait for that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Regardless of what happens with the DLC, Kamek should be added. he was going to be in the original and he was going to be in the base game of MK8. Which would have been great. They shouldn’t down him dirty like that.
Option A makes no sense as they already did a video showcasing all the tracks in this wave last week to go "Hey, new wave next week!" If it was gonna have more characters than just Birdo and her recolours, they'd have shown it off then instead of keeping it an extra special surprise, especially as it can be used as even more leverage to get NSO+ or the pass already. As for B, that relies on a seperate rumour entirely that isn't mentioned or even implied in the one about 10+ characters. Also, the 4chan post exists solely as an image oddly enough, usually people can find the thread a post is from in these situations but no such luck for a post that's supposedly merely a month old. Isn't it odd people only found it days ago and can only show pictures of it instead of where it came from?
The DLC and expansion pass are already selling nicely. Yeah it would make sense if they did showcase it, but Nintendo doesn’t always make sense. Another version of it could be they just drop the characters between waves.

Also rumor or not, when Nintendo edits graphics it’s usually for a reason.

Example, Fighters Pass 1 was edited near the end of it, and that’s how we knew more DLC was coming.

A more recent one is then altering the Pokémon stadium video to remove no gameboy comparability. Something that absolutely comes back at some point.

So yeah the graphics being updated is probably very important.

I also agreed and mentioned the same grip with this post earlier so I get your point there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tbh it's worse with Zelda. Zelda fans have been getting scammed with every "remake" after WWHD, but it's a juggernaut so uh... nothing's gonna change.
Zelda sucks bro people were arguing about TotK being 70 dollars and us Europeans were like "You guys only had to pay 60 for BotW?"
you-guys-are-getting-paid.png

Sidenote Smash is also 70 euros digitally though I'm less mad about that cause someone else paid for most of my copy

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Zelda sucks bro people were arguing about TotK being 70 dollars and us Europeans were like "You guys only had to pay 60 for BotW?"
View attachment 369099

Sidenote Smash is also 70 euros digitally though I'm less mad about that cause someone else paid for most of my copy
I'll let ToTK slide because it does look like a substantial ****ing game, but the pricing for the modern Zelda games is honestly ridiculous. Link's Awakening was a GB game that barely added anything (and hell removed content from DX), and Skyward Sword HD made the game less **** (while locking a QoL behind a $12.99 investment), but they're both $60. Like this shouldn't be legal.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They approved like all the designs in Xeno2 it really shouldn't be a surprise on what they allow on the E-shop nowadays, they ain't that strict anymorr
Sony became more strict sexual wise than Nintendo at this point tbh (even did censorships for DDLC)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Does Supreme Overlord scale with team size?
Of you bring him in as the anchor, he gets a 20% increase to all attack stats, which given the format (and his speed too he can be fast af if you take the time), its well more than enough to just oneshot every mon.

It's like playing against MVC3 Phoenix, even if you're winning you still lose

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually didn't have that much trouble with Beady Long Legs but Emperor Bulblax definitely had my total death count rise by a good hundred.

But the boss fights overall were quite fun and made the ship parts attached to them feel even more satisfying to collect.
Late reply on my part again, but good job with the Beady Long Legs. A lot of players tend to lose a lot of Pikmin to that boss on the first few runs at least.

Almost every major boss either carries an important item or directly guards one, so that's usually the case with Pikmin bosses in general, haha.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Also, I had to ask: are you planning on playing Pikmin 2 next?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. John Cena needs to stay away from a microphone cause he keeps murdering people with his promos
  2. New Black April still causing issues for people
  3. Found out WBD cancelled a Scooby/Krypto movie then it got leaked online

Top Bottom