• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What's with Switch games and having a bug that randomly deletes all save data?
From what I gather, this one has to do with the latest patch.
Some have reported it happening because of PoGo connectivity, others because they bought the DLC, and some did nothing at all.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
From what I can gather, the bug is entirely to do with the patch. There's no known common thing linking all of these occurrences together. For now, it's best to stop playing the game until official word on it is released, or at least until the HOME update launches and you can safely store your Pokemon there.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So i was in the middle of shiny hunting Hisuian Zorua, but now i’m hearing talk about a bug that deletes all your save data? And it’s completely random?

I wonder if I should just put the game away until it’s fixed…
I think it’s honestly people just misleading. There’s only two causes of this bug right now.

1) people who have the DLC pre bought.

2) People who transferred from Go.

No one else seems to be experiencing this.

My guess is there’s some type of bug in their connectivity code.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think it’s honestly people just misleading. There’s only two causes of this bug right now.

scared toons.png

Guess who did both those things?

Shroob

Sup?

I've done both of those, but I've been fine.

I kinda wonder if this is something like the whole issue with the Smash DLC where the crashing or whatnot was due to an external factor like a SD Card or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 369112

Guess who did both those things?
1678228129170.jpeg

Hope your save stays fine fr.

I almost bought the DLC with an Eshop card my brother got me, but then I was like “ hell nah, It’s Prime Remastered time” guess that paid off lol.

Also I dropped GO like 2 years ago.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think for sure the defenders cast are coming back. We already have really strong rumors that Luke Cage and Jessica jones are back for daredevil. With Matt’s arc in echo being that he’s trying to locate Jessica Jones. Iron fist might get recast though, but I do think he will come back.

This kinda goes with what Vincent D’Nofrio mentioned. Where he said Fisk’s back story in the mcu is likely not the same as the Netflix show, it embodies a lot of his same motivations and personality traits.
If there is anyone that I would like to see return from the Iron Fist show, I'd opt for Jessica Henwick's Colleen Wing.

Other than that, I do highly expect a load of shake-ups with the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phases 5 and 6 schedule now that they are slowing things down a lot which should hopefully bring back the quality that they really need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've done both of those, but I've been fine.

I kinda wonder if this is something like the whole issue with the Smash DLC where the crashing or whatnot was due to an external factor like a SD Card or something.
Storage on the switch or SD card may actually play a factor. Even other consoles I think have had that issue.

My guess would be that if it’s not that, there might be some other action in game that is triggering the bug once these two factors are activated. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that the corruption has been such a small, isolated issue makes it hard to determine what could be the real cause of it. It's a case that's really, really rare from the looks of it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Currently thinking about how to give my fully evolved starters anthropomorphic traits

Not as in "make them stand up on two legs" but more so to give them traits that reflect the player's growth, since that's the design philosophy behind most starter Pokémon

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll take unexpected collabs posted by Nintendo for $300, Alex
Having played the original game, I'm still curious about OW2, but with all the balancing issues it's got, I'm also still on the fence.

It just...doesn't sound as fun or balanced as the original version. They buffed some of my mains but trashed several other characters, reduced the 6v6 format to 5v5, and IIRC, buffed several Tanks, likely to compensate for the format change.

Are the new Heroes still locked behind Battle Passes or did they do away with that feature yet?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Currently thinking about how to give my fully evolved starters anthropomorphic traits

Not as in "make them stand up on two legs" but more so to give them traits that reflect the player's growth, since that's the design philosophy behind most starter Pokémon
Well what're the themes in their individual designs? We can work it out from there.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Having played the original game, I'm still curious about OW2, but with all the balancing issues it's got, I'm also still on the fence.

It just...doesn't sound as fun or balanced as the original version. They buffed some of my mains but trashed several other characters, reduced the 6v6 format to 5v5, and IIRC, buffed several Tanks, likely to compensate for the format change.

Are the new Heroes still locked behind Battle Passes or did they do away with that feature yet?
This season is much better than the last 2 balancing wise

and all the new heroes can be obtained for free and there are no new heroes in the battle pass for this season.

Unfortunately everything is still overpriced

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't care. It's what I want and it's what they deserve.
but do they really deserve another huge shot at the top after fumbling twice? Getting two strikes is already bad enough, is a 3rd try going to be worth it now that the public (mainly Marvel themselves) finds them to currently lack importance?
I think for sure the defenders cast are coming back. We already have really strong rumors that Luke Cage and Jessica jones are back for daredevil. With Matt’s arc in echo being that he’s trying to locate Jessica Jones. Iron fist might get recast though, but I do think he will come back.

This kinda goes with what Vincent D’Nofrio mentioned. Where he said Fisk’s back story in the mcu is likely not the same as the Netflix show, it embodies a lot of his same motivations and personality traits.
honestly they may as well bring back Nico and the rest of the Runaways while they’re at it…but mostly Nico (already helps that she’s gonna be in Spider-Man: Freshman Year)
Great to see Jon back as the Punisher. Hopefully Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter could also retain their roles as Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
and hopefully they can have some coffee together
If there is anyone that I would like to see return from the Iron Fist show, I'd opt for Jessica Henwick's Colleen Wing.

Other than that, I do highly expect a load of shake-ups with the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phases 5 and 6 schedule now that they are slowing things down a lot which should hopefully bring back the quality that they really need.
Colleen’s Iron Fist > somehow regular Iron Fist

this is just the truth

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
After ages of procrastinating, I finally commissioned someone to direct my demo reel! Woohoo!

Also I worked on something very dumb.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd be perfectly fine taking a break from Scarlet to avoid losing my save.

The story is beaten and the Paldea Dex is finished. Nothing really to do until DLC drops.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Semi-Serious question. If I vent about random semi-obscure FNaF Stuff here how many people will be completely clueless because I'm thinking some things.

Edit: Not Lore. I wouldn't vent about that. Just about the games as games.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
OK. Semi-Serious question. If I vent about random semi-obscure FNaF Stuff here how many people will be completely clueless because I'm thinking some things.

Edit: Not Lore. I wouldn't vent about that. Just about the games as games.
Snake darling, we're already completely clueless when you DO vent about stuff we know. :4pacman:

Joking aside, feel free to vent whatever you want.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake darling, we're already completely clueless when you DO vent about stuff we know. :4pacman:

Joking aside, feel free to vent whatever you want.
Just wanted permission because this is such a strange and bizarre journey.

First off. FNaF World. I really like that game. I think it's a really fun RPG with a nice meta/comedy take on the series and I really want a sequel with more characters from later in the franchise and more bizarre stuff. There is a fan made sequel but it's not really what I wanted and most of the characters you play as are the random enemies from the first game (I presume so the game maker didn't have to make a bunch of new models, which is fair). But man, the game is tight and the fanbase was way too mean to it, the 8-bit overworld looked better than the current 3D one. And I desperately want a true sequel that will never come.

Pizzeria Simulator. Fantastic concept. Love the idea of combining a tycoon game with a horror game. The problem is I just want and endless version of the tycoon segment honestly. Like that sounds so fun to me as someone who loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid. I would love to see the idea fleshed out with more mechanics and not have the traditional FNaF segment stapled on. Make it a true spinoff. It would just be fun to play. But this also is probably never gonna happen because the weird spinoffs (which are always super fun and interesting) are always one and dones in this franchise even when they deserve to be fleshed out in future installments and sequels.

Finally. Sister Location. Really wish there was a spinoff or follow-up to it where you played a more traditional FNaF game in the resteraunt Baby and Co. were originally supposed to be in before being sent into storage. I think there's potential there. This is another one where there is a fangame based on the idea but it's not quite what I was hoping for and really wish someone else would come along and do the idea in a more satisfying way. Be it officially or in a fangame.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just wanted permission because this is such a strange and bizarre journey.

First off. FNaF World. I really like that game. I think it's a really fun RPG with a nice meta/comedy take on the series and I really want a sequel with more characters from later in the franchise and more bizarre stuff. There is a fan made sequel but it's not really what I wanted and most of the characters you play as are the random enemies from the first game (I presume so the game maker didn't have to make a bunch of new models, which is fair). But man, the game is tight and the fanbase was way too mean to it, the 8-bit overworld looked better than the current 3D one. And I desperately want a true sequel that will never come.

Pizzeria Simulator. Fantastic concept. Love the idea of combining a tycoon game with a horror game. The problem is I just want and endless version of the tycoon segment honestly. Like that sounds so fun to me as someone who loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid. I would love to see the idea fleshed out with more mechanics and not have the traditional FNaF segment stapled on. Make it a true spinoff. It would just be fun to play. But this also is probably never gonna happen because the weird spinoffs (which are always super fun and interesting) are always one and dones in this franchise even when they deserve to be fleshed out in future installments and sequels.

Finally. Sister Location. Really wish there was a spinoff or follow-up to it where you played a more traditional FNaF game in the resteraunt Baby and Co. were originally supposed to be in before being sent into storage. I think there's potential there. This is another one where there is a fangame based on the idea but it's not quite what I was hoping for and really wish someone else would come along and do the idea in a more satisfying way. Be it officially or in a fangame.
FNAF World is simultaneously the most and least important game in the franchise. Its total failure birthed the retcon of the entire series’ overarching story from Sister Location onward.

Weird to think about :nifty:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Top Bottom