• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno, the 2012 design is fine to me, it's basic but it works enough for a basic teenage girl. I think the stylising giving her a long neck and the big dumb boots is where I take issue. I'd put it above 2003 April who just feels like they went for basic hot white woman.
Yeah, it's mostlt a stylization issue for me, April didn't really translate that well into CGI, but I am in agreeance with your 2003 take, nothing really notable about that one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jondolio Jondolio you crusty ***** now you got me making starters too

Foaliage is a carefree Pokémon that loves nothing more than to spend the day frolicking in the fields. The flowers in its mane have a mystical quality to them, and its said that ingesting them can cure any illness imaginable. Unfortunately for this innocent and trusting Pokémon, that makes it a target for poachers. It's rather clumsy.
Hissear is a bit of a trickster. By rapidly rattling its tail, it spreads a smoggy smoke that helps it pull pranks while remaining undetected. It also produces a sound reminiscent of a baby's rattle, something Hissear is very self-conscious about. It has an affinity for shiny things.
Huskruff is a daring puppy Pokémon who lives to fight and will challenge any foe, no matter how big they are. It's fur is so thick, it could stand in the middle of a blizzard and still be perfectly warm. This Pokémon desperately wants to be considered a hero, and will constantly try to prove itself as such. Often getting into trouble in the process.
Anyone who guesses the theme before you see the evolutions gets a digital cookie :101:
They've evolved...

After a life of being targeted for it's unique magical properties, Pipinto has become rather aloof and standoffish. It takes a lot of dedication to earn its trust. But any trainer who manages to break down its walls will end up with the most loyal of companions. It will freely share its mystical flowers with that trainer, but only that trainer. Sharing is not allowed.
Upon evolution, Pyrobra's tricks and pranks have become much more violent in nature. It doesn't seem to care about any pain it causes, simply laughing at the misfortune of other people and Pokémon. The blowtorch-like flame at the end of its tail is used to burn prey to a crisp.
Saiberian are rather moody Pokémon. After a childhood filled with dreams of being a hero, they now occupy their time brooding over what being a hero truly means. After a snowstorm, they can be found in the aftermath. Searching for icicles to craft into their trademark weapons. They tend not to interact with eachother.

It is said that these Pokémon reside only in the deepest parts of nature, unreachable by humanity. With every step it takes, flowers bloom in its stead. Small woodland Pokémon tend to gather around Enchantrot, and due to its eternal kindness, are always willing to do as it says. Earning it the title "Princess of the forest." It will only appear to those with pure hearts.
This Pokémon has a devious mind and a wicked sense of humor. Any misdeed can be justified as long as Diaboa finds it amusing. It spends hours of the day curled up in its underground burrow, plotting ways to terrorize the masses. The more fun its having, the more intense its flames become. When ever it becomes frustrated, especially if a prank goes wrong, it flies off the handle. Torching everything in sight until nothing but ash remains. Only those closest to it can convince it to behave.
Small and weak Pokémon of the tundra have no reason to fear, not as long as there are Glaciedge around. These valiant wolf Pokémon have devoted themselves to justice, and have an incredibly strong sense of right and wrong. The icicle blade it fights with stays perfectly intact, even in the blazing sun. It can only melt if this Pokémon's heroic spirit is broken.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh I just watched the trailer and Donatello has a ****ing Satoru Gojo sticker on his staff. The TMNT being anime fans shouldn't surprise me as I know Mikey references Kamen Rider in a show but damn.

I know a lot about this franchise I have never watched, huh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They've evolved...

After a life of being targeted for it's unique magical properties, Pipinto has become rather aloof and standoffish. It takes a lot of dedication to earn its trust. But any trainer who manages to break down its walls will end up with the most loyal of companions. It will freely share its mystical flowers with that trainer, but only that trainer. Sharing is not allowed.
Upon evolution, Pyrobra's tricks and pranks have become much more violent in nature. It doesn't seem to care about any pain it causes, simply laughing at the misfortune of other people and Pokémon. The blowtorch-like flame at the end of its tail is used to burn prey to a crisp.
Saiberian are rather moody Pokémon. After a childhood filled with dreams of being a hero, they now occupy their time brooding over what being a hero truly means. After a snowstorm, they can be found in the aftermath. Searching for icicles to craft into their trademark weapons. They tend not to interact with eachother.

It is said that these Pokémon reside only in the deepest parts of nature, unreachable by humanity. With every step it takes, flowers bloom in its stead. Small woodland Pokémon tend to gather around Enchantrot, and due to its eternal kindness, are always willing to do as it says. Earning it the title "Princess of the forest." It will only appear to those with pure hearts.
This Pokémon has a devious mind and a wicked sense of humor. Any misdeed can be justified as long as Diaboa finds it amusing. It spends hours of the day curled up in its underground burrow, plotting ways to terrorize the masses. The more fun its having, the more intense its flames become. When ever it becomes frustrated, especially if a prank goes wrong, it flies off the handle. Torching everything in sight until nothing but ash remains. Only those closest to it can convince it to behave.
Small and weak Pokémon of the tundra have no reason to fear, not as long as there are Glaciedge around. These valiant wolf Pokémon have devoted themselves to justice, and have an incredibly strong sense of right and wrong. The icicle blade it fights with stays perfectly intact, even in the blazing sun. It can only melt if this Pokémon's heroic spirit is broken.
I was promised Norm of the North

Jondolio

Smash Hero
They've evolved...

These are great! I'd probably pick the Fire starter but they're all pretty amazing

now the question is whether you stop here or create a whole Noikemon region

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just wait until I create my owm Pokemon clone, Mightémon.

Every region
Every Pokemon (I mean MightéMon)
Super balanced gameplay that's totally balanced between 1000+ mons
Completely new engine
TLOU2 tier graphics
Fanservice

Gamefreak will be crying when I'm done, I'll show them a REAL Pokemon game

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They've evolved...

God damn it, If only I was as good at drawing as you

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just wait until I create my owm Pokemon clone, Mightémon.

Every region
Every Pokemon (I mean MightéMon)
Super balanced gameplay that's totally balanced between 1000+ mons
Completely new engine
TLOU2 tier graphics
Fanservice

Gamefreak will be crying when I'm done, I'll show them a REAL Pokemon game
Game FrEAk hire That Man

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pracitice my compadre
20220516_195054.jpg

Im tryiinnggg
When'd you start drawing? Cuz I've been drawing digitally for about seven years.

It's really just practice and time :nifty:
I mean, i doddled as a kid but i never like anything i did so I... threw them away after I was done
20230305_094155.jpg

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I've tried drawing Fakemon myself for a whole bunch of region concepts. My art is absolutely awful lmao

Still though a regional Rock/Fairy Snivy based on the diamondback rattlesnake is something I NEED

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I dunno, the 2012 design is fine to me, it's basic but it works enough for a basic teenage girl. I think the stylising giving her a long neck and the big dumb boots is where I take issue. I'd put it above 2003 April who just feels like they went for basic hot white woman.
I assume you meant the purple hair 2003 April and now the abrupt 2007 inspired 03 April
Since we're on the convo, here's what April looks like in the new movie
View attachment 369082
A little uncanny for me because she looks like a girl I know who's name is also April
someone was unholy enough to compare her to Mindy Velma…and I hate them for it
Btw, Robin Is ****ing tinyView attachment 369087
just the way Chrom loves him

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Animation fans will scream OH MY GOD THIS IS RAW! KINO! GOAT! PEAK FICTION! And it's a ****ing Paw Patrol clip before whining about how animation isn't just for kids and deserves to be taken seriously
I agree with this but in the context I'm moreso talking about how animation fans are subtly (or overtly) racist/fatphobic. Velma was a mask off moment

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is whining about Teen Titans Go still a thing?

It’s been a decade :202:
Most people have either lightened up about TTG or just don't care about it, but backlash for the show is still a thing.

I don't hate the show anymore, but I stopped watching CN when they made it like 90% of their weekly programming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So someone’s joke post about a “leak” for a certain other Nintendo character being in the Mario Movie got them DMCA’d LMAO.

Potential spoilers ahead:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So someone’s joke post about a “leak” for a certain other Nintendo character being in the Mario Movie got them DMCA’d LMAO.

Universal moment

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

This confirms that every single Nintendo franchise ever will appear in the movie (except Pokémon because **** Pokémon) :4pacman:

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You don't think there are already too many characters though for that to be the case?

It'd make sense to introduce others later like Daisy or at least a cameo (Daisy in the background as amongst the allies along with Kongs, given Sarasaland was shown on the map, eventually set her up as a character for a later sequel or Luigi's Mansion spin-off).
She doesn’t have to be in it for long, just enough to go “ here’s someone cool we can go back to in a later film”
Seth Rogen needs to go back to smoking his weed where he belongs. Having him involved was a mistake to begin with. Dude's a crackpot who hadn't done any good movies in a long time.

Him, his weed and his laugh.
You do realize Seth is a big member of the creative team that makes the boys and invincible right????

Man has proven he can do damn good comic adaptations.

Top Bottom