• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Kind of... but how similar is that moveset to the moveset they gave Widow herself in Infinite?
UMVC3 Jill's moveset is pretty much just kicks, with a lot of command dashes and acrobatics. She only uses guns in one of her supers.

MVCI Black Widow is similar but she uses a lot more of her spy gear such as taser bullets, stun bombs, grappling hooks, and electric batons. Now that I think about it, she's more similar to C. Viper than anything.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
There's the cringe humor such as "A turd in the wind" as well as Venom rapping and mic-dropping. Having Venom and Eddie act like a bickering married couple which wasn't something we saw in the comics for the sake of "ha, ha funny!". Yes, the comics had humor but it wasn't to the degree we saw in those films. What the Venom movies should've been was a more horror-like approach but with bits of black levity thrown in.

And the fact they decided to water the films down to PG-13 rather then R. Carnage in a PG-13 just feels wrong and felt it was holding back its full potential.

But hey just my opinion. You don't have to agree. To each their own.

I've been casually reading the Ultimate Spider Man comics on and off mostly out of curiosity as I am not a "comic" person and as I've been following the user YaBoiZak mostly for the angry critical rants but have also begun to appreciate his life experience, business sense and ethics and appreciation of art found in western comics. I've been a manga and anime person as long as I can remember but I must say I appreciate all the effort that goes into the coloring when it comes to comics like those.

I did appreciate how sinister and bloodthirsty Eddie, Venom and Carnage ended up being in Ultimate Spider-Man and would love to see more.

That being said, what would you recommend a complete novice like me to read as far as any comics to see more faithful and artistic representations of Eddie and Venom? I'd like to at least give those a shot.

Not trying to stir anything up but there have been movies I liked in the last few years. So far from just only enjoying movies "where bears do cocaine".
Never be afraid to be critical and express your thoughts. If anything, the small nuggets of gold you DO find that give you less to gripe about give you more points of reference for MORE things to enjoy and be happy with and new angles to approach new ideas.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So saw the TMNT: MM teaser.

Yeah...I'm not gonna like it looks like total ****. Notably, what's up with Donnie's voice notably? It doesn't even break the mound of sounding like a teenager and more like something you'd hear from a 5-year-old (Isn't Mikey also supposed to be the youngest?). Still the fact they had to give him glasses because he's a nerd!!!! Get it!?

I'm'a gonna pass.

And this is my opinion, you're allowed to agree to disagree. Lets leave it as that alright?
the teen voice discrimination
I think the new TMNT looks neat actually
looks like cinema
Also, that casting is insane, and April is black again so the movie is good no matter what.
Black April finna end up become an animated mainstay …but Imma need a Latina April down the line
I like it. I wasn't sure I would considering Rogan's track record but it looks nice. TMNT 2012 just kinda leaned into the turtles acting like actual teenagers and this is embracing it fully. It's a refreshing take on them that I think works. I do wish they were a bit more visually distinct from one another besides their outfits. Like having drastically different heights and proportions. But I get it. Either way, this looks charming as ****.

Donnie does sound like Darwin from Gumball though, what the hell.
TMNT 2012 took the first steps into them looking unique and acting like teens (even tho it was the late 2000s-very early 2010s style of teenagers), and then Rise took it over the top before the majority could prepare themselves. This is merely the Nickelodeon agenda (tho I wonder what they’ll do to Casey Jones since he’s taken the biggest changes so far)
Self-correction, actually, unicorn head

Trust me, the Star Vs fandom/hatedom is so much funnier than it has any right to be
great show with a **** finale, so the fandom uses the funny to compensate

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
People are entitled to their own thoughts. Like how I think yellow jumpsuit redhead April from TMNT is miles better designwise than whatever this new bologna design is regardless of my own Nigerian blood.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Are we just gonna ignore how Mike said Sausage Party was good like how we ignored him saying the moon landing is fake?
Rich of you as always. You engage in conversations involving around me but never bother to respond to any of my posts. As I said, if you don't like me then don't talk about me. It's simple as that.

Of course as usual you're just gonna ignore me anyways. Cutie Gwen being Cutie Gwen, the snide snark you usually are.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Rich of you as always. You engage in conversations involving around me but never bother to respond to any of my posts. As I said, if you don't like me then don't talk about me. It's simple as that.

Of course as usual you're just gonna ignore me anyways. Cutie Gwen being Cutie Gwen, the snide snark you usually are.
It's always the immature ones that never have any actual counterarguments that avoid direct confrontation or resort to logical fallacies and bad faith in one way or another. No desire to create proper discussion or accept disagreement. Just shallow, childish dismissal. It's why I've done myself a service and use social media sites less so I can focus more on stuff that matters like learning to code, game develop, create art, etc. It's easier to look down on them while you're climbing mountains.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also don't spread misinformation Cutie Gwen. When I said moon landings were fake, I was talking about idiots in the world who thought that they were along with flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers. I wasn't saying they weren't but hey knowing you, you enjoy amusement in mocking others for your own entertainment when you have nothing else better to do. Gotta please that little ego of yours.

Just admit you don't like me and just leave it as that and don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Have nothing to say Cutie Gwen?

Figured as much. You just keep being you then. A snide snark with an ego to boost when having nothing better to do.

Mods may give me a warning for this but it's time I finally tell her off for the hypocrite she can be at times.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually wait a sec isn't April nonwhite in the source material? Never really gotten in to TMNT but I at least know this is her OG
View attachment 369081
Yeah, she had some... afro features but she wasn't really black, the cartoon made her a more paler redhead which of what we know of today, but the more recemt cartoons made her Black.

No bias (full bias) but I love the RoTMNT design, so dope.
Have nothing to say Cutie Gwen?

Figured as much. You just keep being you then. A snide snark with an ego to boost when having nothing better to do.

Mods may give me a warning for this but it's time I finally tell her off for the hypocrite she can be at times.
I agree subtweeting is annoying but let it go omg.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, she had some... afro features but she wasn't really black, the cartoon made her a more paler redhead which of what we know of today, but the more recemt cartoons made her Black.

No bias (full bias) but I love the RoTMNT design, so dope.
I remember a friend telling me she's mixed which is why it sticks out to me.

All I know about that show is that the occaisonal clip I saw on twitter was either hilarious or absolutely beautifully animated

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In terms of Ninja Turtles shows, I’ve only seen a few episodes of the 2003 show, plus the 90s Live Action movie trilogy.

I’ll probably check out the new movie when it hits Paramount+.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The new TMNT movie looks pretty charming but I'm not a fan of the "meta" dialogue that's been infesting the film industry since 2012

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
From what I hear that's pretty much every TMNT series? I wouldn't know, I don't watch cartoons for children, instead I watch people in spandex beat the **** out of each other in children shows
Pretty much, this one drew the ire of those people, but there were fans saying it's the worst one, but there's also fans sayo g it waa the best one.

For me, if it has Teenage Turtles being ninjas, then it's a good show

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** it, get an asian April in there too
Asian April tryna take away Karai’s spot as top baddie in TMNT
Actually wait a sec isn't April nonwhite in the source material? Never really gotten in to TMNT but I at least know this is her OG
View attachment 369081
she was made white, but was almost an Asian woman (as per Peter Laird) and named after Kevin Eastman’s ex wife (who was mixed) to go with her Irish/Scottish/English ancestry. As for the hair they just wanted April to have a perm for the sake of it before going back to straight hair

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's, iconic but a product of it's time. Though I may like it more than her 2012 look
I dunno, the 2012 design is fine to me, it's basic but it works enough for a basic teenage girl. I think the stylising giving her a long neck and the big dumb boots is where I take issue. I'd put it above 2003 April who just feels like they went for basic hot white woman.

Was Metroid prime 4 real or was it a figment of our imagination
A collective hallucination

Top Bottom