• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The problem with de-extinction is that a small population in an enclosed area is basically an extinct generation and they won't be able to reproduce fast enough to reach the numbers necessary for a species that can sustain itself. You're gonna need a ton of resurrection to do just for a single type of dino and you know people will want to have variety for a dino zoo.
It's why you don't build just one.

Shroob

Sup?
I do wonder if I should make a 2nd Iron Hands for Decidueye. Mine's Fighting Tera but I have an Electric one in the box.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Think the Curbside short mixed with The live-action Smurfs movies. But the humans are in a cartoony CGI while the TerryToons are in a more photo-realistic CG.
Kinda cringe, isn't it?

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Kino Alert
When we are getting a Resi collab?

Man nickelodeon is just sitting on those characters and it bothers me.
Paramount should revive the characters similar to the canceled Nicktoons movie which was an Avengers-style crossover. Just will more classic characters.
Think a scene where some cartoony humans are being saved by a nightmarerish Deputy Dawg.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
After playing more of Superstar Saga, I can kinda appreciate the remake a bit more in a new light. I really do enjoy the original, but modernizing the gameplay, reducing the grind of the Advance attacks, and fixing the annoying cycling of the overworld abilities is something I can appreciate. Not to mention the remake looks great.

Now the original aged well enough that I don't think the remake outright replaces it, and even then the original has some stuff that the remake didn't quite capture. But imo, both are good ways to experience SS

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So saw the TMNT: MM teaser.

Yeah...I'm not gonna like it looks like total ****. Notably, what's up with Donnie's voice notably? It doesn't even break the mound of sounding like a teenager and more like something you'd hear from a 5-year-old (Isn't Mikey also supposed to be the youngest?). Still the fact they had to give him glasses because he's a nerd!!!! Get it!?

I'm'a gonna pass.

And this is my opinion, you're allowed to agree to disagree. Lets leave it as that alright?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is the trailer for Mutant Mayhem in case no one posted it yet.

Yeah...I'm not gonna like it looks like total ****. Notably, what's up with Donnie's voice notably? It doesn't even break the mound of sounding like a teenager and more like something you'd hear from a 5-year-old (Isn't Mikey also supposed to be the youngest?). Still the fact they had to give him glasses because he's a nerd!!!! Get it!?

I'm'a gonna pass.

And this is my opinion, you're allowed to agree to disagree. Lets leave it as that alright?
It did look weird to me at first, but it looks great now. I do agree that Donnie sounds weird, but I don't mind the glasses thing.

Is Donnie your favorite turtle, by the way?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seth Rogen needs to go back to smoking his weed where he belongs. Having him involved was a mistake to begin with. Dude's a crackpot who hadn't done any good movies in a long time.

Him, his weed and his laugh.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Seth Rogen needs to go back to smoking his weed where he belongs. Having him involved was a mistake to begin with. Dude's a crackpot who hadn't done any good movies in a long time.

Him, his weed and his laugh.
Seth does the voice of Donkey Kong in the Mario movie, right?

This is not a threat, but I can imagine him saying in his DK voice if he read what you said just now, "Now you die."

Again, not threatening or saying you should actually, well, you know, but I couldn't resist making that reference, if that's okay.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seth does the voice of Donkey Kong in the Mario movie, right?

This is not a threat, but I can imagine him saying in his DK voice if he read what you said just now, "Now you die."

Again, not threatening or saying you should actually, well, you know, but I couldn't resist making that reference, if that's okay.
There's a difference between a voice role and a producing role.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's a difference between a voice role and a producing role.
Oh, he's producing? My bad.

Still, I do not think I was talking about him being a voice actor in the movie instead of a producer, and to me, the movie looks good, as in not that bad. Except Donnie's voice, but yeah.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
and to me, the movie looks good, as in not that bad. Except Donnie's voice, but yeah.
That's cool. I'm not here to change anyone's opinions. What I've said is just my opinion regarding the matter.

I just wish projects Seth Rogen was involved in recently whether writer or producer proved to be better. Last good one was Sausage Party.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder… what character could you give Jill’s MvC3 moveset to do it could co-exist with MvC2 Jill

I'm'a gonna pass.

I mean, you don't seam to like any movie unless it's about a bear eating a pound and a half of cocaine. It's like me with my weird video game opinions, it just gets annoying after a while.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here is the trailer for Mutant Mayhem in case no one posted it yet.

It did look weird to me at first, but it looks great now. I do agree that Donnie sounds weird, but I don't mind the glasses thing.

Is Donnie your favorite turtle, by the way?
I like it. I wasn't sure I would considering Rogan's track record but it looks nice. TMNT 2012 just kinda leaned into the turtles acting like actual teenagers and this is embracing it fully. It's a refreshing take on them that I think works. I do wish they were a bit more visually distinct from one another besides their outfits. Like having drastically different heights and proportions. But I get it. Either way, this looks charming as ****.

Donnie does sound like Darwin from Gumball though, what the hell.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, you don't seam to like any movie unless it's about a bear eating a pound and a half of cocaine. It's like me with my weird video game opinions, it just gets annoying after a while.
Movies of recent that I enjoyed were

A Quiet Place Part II
Boss Level
Bullet Train
DC League of Super-Pets
Free Guy
Hilda and the Mountain King
Godzilla vs. Kong
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio
Malignant
No Time To Die (Despite the ending)
Nobody
Nope
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The Adam Project
The Bad Guys
The Batman
The Black Phone
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
The Mitchells vs. The Machines
The Suicide Squad
The Tomorrow War
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Top Gun: Maverick
Troll (2022)
Violent Night
Willy's Wonderland

Not trying to stir anything up but there have been movies I liked in the last few years. So far from just only enjoying movies "where bears do cocaine".

Films I'm notably looking foward to this year being 65, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, Shazam 2, the Mario movie, Guardians 3, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Meg 2.

Still need to get around to watching **** in Boots: The Last Wish, I actually regretted not seeing that in theaters given everything I've heard from it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom