• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Adult Me is saying "Oh cool, a new Tenkaichi. Would rather have a FighterZ 2 but that's pretty dope."

Kid Me is saying "LET'S F*ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIVE ME THAT CRAZY UNBALANCED BULLS***"

All I ask is that they add Arale again so I can punch Jiren through a god damn mountain.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Will this new Tekaichi include guests from other JUMP franchises (aside of Toriyama's non-DB works)
In all likelihood, it will just be stuff from Toriyama's non-DB works that are part of the Dragon Ball universe (Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and Dr. Slump, though maybe it's more accurate to say that Dragon Ball is part of the Dr. Slump universe), and there's no guarantee that we get that. The characters in Tenkaichi Budokai games tend to have a similar base kit (flying, laser beams, punches and kicks, etc. - Mr. Satan is the main exception), so it seems unlikely that someone like Luffy, Naruto, or Jotaro would fit the bill.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hisui Pokemon have dex entries in the dlc

The Teal Mask takes place in a Japan inspired area

View attachment 369046

Bro

What if we can catch 'em
It's actually kinda likely.

Wrydeer, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Basculegion, Overquill, Sneasler and Enamorous all have Dex entries in the DLC, and I kinda doubt they'd makke you buy an entirely different game to finish the Dex.

That, and with there being SOO MANY starters and potential regional forms in the DLC, I almost wonder if the DLC is gonna have another Diglett hunt Minigame to obtain them.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wrydeer, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Basculegion, Overquill, Sneasler and Enamorous all have Dex entries in the DLC, and I kinda doubt they'd makke you buy an entirely different game to finish the Dex.

That, and with there being SOO MANY starters and potential regional forms in the DLC, I almost wonder if the DLC is gonna have another Diglett hunt Minigame to obtain them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen the full leak.

But did they bring EVERY starter back except for Serperior and Emboar? Cuz if so, that's just mean :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

"So uh, how are the H-mons gonna get in the game? Aren't they extinct?"

Gamefreak:
maxresdefault (9).jpg

Shroob

Sup?
"So uh, how are the H-mons gonna get in the game? Aren't they extinct?"

Gamefreak:
View attachment 369047
To be fair, remember the Crown Tundra? They just had Fossil Pokemon walking around because people had released them into the wild after making too many of them.

Science in Pokemon can literally bring the dead back to life.

And hell, if the area we're visiting is SUPER traditional and rural, whose to say that the living conditions for these Hisuian Mons hadn't been changed enough by modern times for them to change.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, remember the Crown Tundra? They just had Fossil Pokemon walking around because people had released them into the wild after making too many of them.

Science in Pokemon can literally bring the dead back to life.

And hell, if the area we're visiting is SUPER traditional and rural, whose to say that the living conditions for these Hisuian Mons hadn't been changed enough by modern times for them to change.
The last one would make sense for Sneasler as iirc they're just a secluded species

Shroob

Sup?
The last one would make sense for Sneasler as iirc they're just a secluded species
The bigger ? is the Hisuian forms.

Pokemon with Hisuian evolutions like Bergmite and Liligant don't evolve into their Hisuian forms in Scar/Vio, nor are they programmed to do so.

So it seems like 'some' alternate forms will probably require Home support.

Though then there's straight up Hisuian Pokemon like Voltorb, Growlithe and the aforementioned Zorua, so who knows how they'll be available.

The only thing we know for certain is that the Peat Block is coded in the game to be obtainable and works to evolve Ursaring, and Basculin's evolution method works too.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The bigger ? is the Hisuian forms.

Pokemon with Hisuian evolutions like Bergmite and Liligant don't evolve into their Hisuian forms in Scar/Vio, nor are they programmed to do so.

So it seems like 'some' alternate forms will probably require Home support.

Though then there's straight up Hisuian Pokemon like Voltorb, Growlithe and the aforementioned Zorua, so who knows how they'll be available.

The only thing we know for certain is that the Peat Block is coded in the game to be obtainable and works to evolve Ursaring, and Basculin's evolution method works too.
They could always make Hisuian Avalugg and Lilligant gift exclusive, like they did with Raichu and Exeggutor and such in SWSH's DLC

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Possible.

One thing is

The new Hisuian evolutions have Dex Entries in the DLC, so I almost wonder if there'll be a way to obtain them. The Peat Block for Ursaluna is coded into the game.
Hisuian De-Extinction Side Story please. Like you work with a group of conservationists and cloning scientists who are trying to restore these super endangered species to a healthy population.

Shroob

Sup?
Hisuian De-Extinction Side Story please. Like you work with a group of conservationists and cloning scientists who are trying to restore these super endangered species to a healthy population.
I doubt it'll be that deep. Like, the Fossils in Sword/Shield were just "Welp, we've revived too many, and too many trainers released them. Now they're ****ing up the eco system."

If the first area of the DLC is super-Japanese inspired, and inspired by the myth of Momotaro, it could just be an old village that kept old traditions alive, while providing a suitable habitat for those rare, but not entirely extinct 'Mons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I doubt it'll be that deep. Like, the Fossils in Sword/Shield were just "Welp, we've revived too many, and too many trainers released them. Now they're ****ing up the eco system."

If the first area of the DLC is super-Japanese inspired, and inspired by the myth of Momotaro, it could just be an old village that kept old traditions alive, while providing a suitable habitat for those rare, but not entirely extinct 'Mons.
I know. But like... it would be so cool if they did that!

Shroob

Sup?
I know. But like... it would be so cool if they did that!
It would, but sometimes, animals go extinct for a good reason.

Namely, the Sword/Shield example. It's cool that Omanyte, Anorith, Kabuto are walking around in the flesh, but they've had a negative impact on the natural ecosystem as a side effect.

And that's also one of the key plot points about the Paradox 'mons too, they'd have been cataclysmic to Paldea's ecosystem if they were allowed to leave Area Zero.

I'm down for them veering course for Hisui 'Mons to be "Not actually extinct but rare and isolated to small parts of the world", but consider Wrydeer, who stopped evolving because humans hunted its horns, or Basculegion, which is literally walking death.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It would, but sometimes, animals go extinct for a good reason.

Namely, the Sword/Shield example. It's cool that Omanyte, Anorith, Kabuto are walking around in the flesh, but they've had a negative impact on the natural ecosystem as a side effect.

And that's also one of the key plot points about the Paradox 'mons too, they'd have been cataclysmic to Paldea's ecosystem if they were allowed to leave Area Zero.

I'm down for them veering course for Hisui 'Mons to be "Not actually extinct but rare and isolated to small parts of the world", but consider Wrydeer, who stopped evolving because humans hunted its horns, or Basculegion, which is literally walking death.
You're talking to the girl whose dream is to have a real life Jurassic Park. I don't think there's anything that would convince me that de-extinction is a bad thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Could have, should have dot meme
Jurassic Park failed because it was a bad zoo that didn't understand what these animals would actually need and mistreated it's employees. For example, T. Rex's were pack animals and they had one in that giant pen. And Velociraptors were desert animals and they kept them in a dense jungle environment. Finally the reason Nedry turned on them and sabotaged the equipment (which was mostly working besides the expected hurdles any operation like that would be facing) was because they were expecting him to do EXTRA WORK AND NOT PAYING HIM FOR WHAT HE HAD ALREADY DONE. And if they were treating their lead software developer like that imagine how the rest of the employees were being treated.

Case in point, Jurassic World appeared to account for all of these issues and it worked for YEARS until they did something bone headed and made a hybrid Dinosaur.

All I'm saying is. If you know how to actually be a good zoo and properly treat your animals and don't treat your employees like crap and actually pay them (and don't try to make weird dino hybrid super soldiers because your head of security wants to get into government weapons development) then Jurassic Park is a workable and successful idea. Dinosaurs are not monsters. They are animals. Treat them like animals and you will have a zoo that people can experience safely. Treat them like monsters and you will create Skull Island.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The problem with de-extinction is that a small population in an enclosed area is basically an extinct generation and they won't be able to reproduce fast enough to reach the numbers necessary for a species that can sustain itself. You're gonna need a ton of resurrection to do just for a single type of dino and you know people will want to have variety for a dino zoo.

Top Bottom