• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why did they have to give Donnie a tooth sticking out and glasses? Just because he's the smartest of the team, doesn't mean you have to turn him a stereotypical nerd...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why did they have to give Donnie a tooth sticking out and glasses? Just because he's the smartest of the team, doesn't mean you have to turn him a stereotypical nerd...
I think they're all meant to look more like awkward teens in this iteration. They're leaning more on the Teenage part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finished Scooby Doo and Krypto.

Really solid movie. Great jokes and Daphne and Fred have really funny interactions.

Pairing them with Lex Luther the whole Time was great. Really cool to see a modern day scooby film where they have magical or super natural things.

sucks that it’s presumably cancelled, but I’m glad someone preserved it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
also this helped close out the KCA, so TMNT is definitely a property Paramount and Nick are grateful to have
Gonna be honest, I don't care for TMNT but the casting and animation have my interest piqued

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Someone please tell me why I keep letting Ratchet and Clank screw with my mind

It just keeps letting me down and yet I keep coming back, before realizing "wait why am I playing these when I could be playing Jak instead?"

I just...GOD these games just make me happy and so so MAD at the same time. At least the first few games. The PS3 games on? Yea they just make me mad

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It just keeps letting me down and yet I keep coming back, before realizing "wait why am I playing these when I could be playing Jak instead?"

I just...GOD these games just make me happy and so so MAD at the same time. At least the first few games. The PS3 games on? Yea they just make me mad
I mean... i dunno. To me those two series are like comparing Crash and Spyro. Both platformers, one made by Naughty Dog the other Insomniac, but they are wildly different in direction. I know more about the Jak series than Ratchet but yeah :yoshi:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Well I get frequent Ratchet brainrot because I replay the series every so often. They're just good games even beyond the PS2 era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I mean... i dunno. To me those two series are like comparing Crash and Spyro. Both platformers, one made by Naughty Dog the other Insomniac, but they are wildly different in direction. I know more about the Jak series than Ratchet but yeah :yoshi:
Which is a good point. I guess me comparing them is just a primal thing like lions and hyenas hating each other and big spiders walking like forklifts with legs. And acting as if Jak is completely flawless would be very foolish. Even if I defend Lost Frontier, it's not the most well-crafted game and the Dark Daxter stuff is frankly ridiculous, not to mention Jak II's crazy difficulty spikes, but I'm incredibly attached to the series as you've seen (especially with silly nerdy zoomer-builder being what may be my first real comfort character). And I REALLY don't care for how it was abandoned by Sony for such a long time, up until the apparent existence of a movie/TV adaptation in the works (still super excited for that btw).

Hmmm, I wonder where Sly Cooper would factor into this convo :smash: (Constable Neyla for best PS2 villain all time by the way)

Well I get frequent Ratchet brainrot because I replay the series every so often. They're just good games even beyond the PS2 era
Totally fair. My rampant dislike of the post-PS2 Ratchet games is mostly a me thing that I absolutely CANNOT describe in full detail in a Smashboards post. If nothing else, the gameplay and graphics (Rift Apart's photo mode exists for a reason after all) are still pretty great, and the weapons are as fun as always. It's just the story and characters I hate as much as I do, and even those aren't always so bad (Talwyn is actually a pretty awesome character). I mean, I flat out REJECT the idea of Clank's "father" being a timey-wimey Zoni thing, even if he IS Charles Martinet. As well as the rampant urinating all over the older characters. Even if I don't care for Sasha from UYA for being boring as tar and replacing the perfectly-fine Angela (whose treatment is a WHOLE OTHER BALLGAME THAT WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NOW, oh god that makes me mad), she certainly deserved a better chance to develop her character.

But I'm rambling, this is just a me thing and it's probably just me not liking change lol :004:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Off to see the modern masterpiece that is Cocaine Bear again tonight with my buddies!

And then this week 65 finally comes out. Be seeing that Tuesday with my dad (Who offered to come).

Tis a good month for movies. 65, Shazam 2 and Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (I'd see John Wick: Chapter 4 but the first movie with the dog dying is the only barrier from seeing it and the sequels. I have no doubt about it they're amazing and fun films and I'd love to watch them but again as I said).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still calling it. Rosalina post-credits.

There's no way the galaxy line from Peach was a throwaway line. Sequel is clearly gonna be based on the Galaxy games.

Me with 65 this week.
Rosalina is probably just in the movie herself. The Rainbow posters have them leaving Bowser’s castle and going to space. Really only one reason to go there and that’s to visit the observatory.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oof
I think they're all meant to look more like awkward teens in this iteration. They're leaning more on the Teenage part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Pretty much this. Nickelodeon has been putting a huge focus on them being teens personality wise since they bought them out back in 09
Gonna be honest, I don't care for TMNT but the casting and animation have my interest piqued
especially John Cena without any sort of bias whatsoever on my part
Heavy breathing
breathe harder and heavier

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rosalina is probably just in the movie herself. The Rainbow posters have them leaving Bowser’s castle and going to space. Really only one reason to go there and that’s to visit the observatory.
You don't think there are already too many characters though for that to be the case?

It'd make sense to introduce others later like Daisy or at least a cameo (Daisy in the background as amongst the allies along with Kongs, given Sarasaland was shown on the map, eventually set her up as a character for a later sequel or Luigi's Mansion spin-off).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
THAT'S THE GOOD **** RIGHT THERE.
I've only seen snippets as I'm waiting for my preferred sub group to tackle Kingohger BUT THE RED SINGEHANDEDLY DECIDES TO REBEL AGAINST HIS COUNTRY OUT OF HATRED FOR A SYSTEM THAT SACEIFICES IT'S PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF 'JUSTICE' SO HE CALLS HIMSELF THE KING OF EVIL?!?!?!? ISHINOMORI **** RIGHT THERE

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
WE TAKE THOSE

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've only seen snippets as I'm waiting for my preferred sub group to tackle Kingohger BUT THE RED SINGEHANDEDLY DECIDES TO REBEL AGAINST HIS COUNTRY OUT OF HATRED FOR A SYSTEM THAT SACEIFICES IT'S PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF 'JUSTICE' SO HE CALLS HIMSELF THE KING OF EVIL?!?!?!? ISHINOMORI **** RIGHT THERE
I HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THAT! Gira is already heading toward peak with Taro and Kaito.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In celebration of Mario Day, the following Switch games will have a 33% off discount on the eShop from now until March 11:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Donkey Kong County: Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
In celebration of Mario Day, the following Switch games will have a 33% off discount on the eShop from now until March 11:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Donkey Kong County: Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
Why WarioWare: GIT didn't got a discount.

Top Bottom