• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been playing NMS lately.

The Switch version finally has the Nexus missions so now there's more to do. I also completed the new expedition and got that sick as **** starship. I also completed the main story so there won't be any ****ery. Oh and on the planet I'm setting up shop on has penis monsters. I blame Noipoi Noipoi as is tradition.

But nobody cares about any of that, so... Pokemon Emerald on Switch maybe hyyyype?
mariowoman confused.jpg

I claim no responsibility for rampant penises

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
humans suck

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. My latest attempt at Marvel vs. Capcom 5. This is probably after a couple of seasons or expansions but god help me if I can decide who goes in which one.
Marvel
Capcom
Iron ManMega Man
The Hulk(Mega Man) Zero
ThorSigma
Captain AmericaTron Bonne
Black WidowRyu
HawkeyeChun-Li
Quicksilver and Scarlet WitchM. Bison
The VisionAkuma
Ant-Man and the WaspGill
Dr. StrangeG
Spider-ManMike Haggar
Black PantherBelger
Captain MarvelAkira Kazama
Ms. MarvelMorrigan Aensland
Namor the Sub-MarinerJon Talbain
WolverineDonovan Bain
CyclopsB.B. Hood
StormJedah Dohma
PhoenixCaptain Commando
PsylockeStrider Hiryu
DeadpoolSir Arthur
Fantastic FourJin Saotome
DaredevilHayato Kanzaki
Star-LordJill Valentine
Rocket RaccoonAlbert Wesker
CrystalLady Dimitrescu
BladeDante
Ghost RiderVergil
The MandarinNero
LokiAmaterasu
Baron ZemoViewtiful Joe
Green GoblinPhoenix Wright
Dr. OctopusFranziska von Karma
VenomMonster Hunter (Rise)
MagnetoLeo & Razewing Ratha
JuggernautAsura
Mr. SinisterRegina
ApocalypseSamanosuke Akechi
SentinelEdward Falcon
Dr. Doomkiller7
DormammuNina
BlackheartAmingo
Boss: Kang the Conqueror

“Echo Fighters”
  • Miles Morales – Spider-Man
  • War Machine – Iron Man
  • Red Hulk – Hulk
  • Carnage – Venom
  • Proto Man – Mega Man
  • Ken Masters – Ryu
  • Leon S. Kennedy – Jill Valentine
  • Apollo Justice – Phoenix Wright
Just steal the setup from Lego Marvel 2. Kang has stolen places from all over the Marvel and Capcom universes and made them into a big city out of time called Chronopolis and everyone in the city is challenged to beat him in a fight.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm still in thorough Jak and Daxter brainrot, and I'm honestly curious to see who will portray Keira in the upcoming adaptation.

I mean, I love Anna Garduno and Tara Strong's performances for her just about equally. While Anna's raspy voice to her is just adorable and pretty much exemplifies my childhood (I didn't play Jaks 3, X and Lost Frontier until I was way older), Tara does a bang-up job keeping in tune with Keira's character and personality in the games she plays her in. Maybe they'll stick with Tara, maybe they'll bring back Anna, maybe they'll go for someone else entirely. Either way, I sure hope my childhood role model is done justice.
It's going to be Chris Pratt.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Of course!!! How could I not think of that?!

I hope Chris does her justice
On the topic of the adaptation, do you think they will cover TPL or just jump straight into the Jak II/3 stuff?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
On the topic of the adaptation, do you think they will cover TPL or just jump straight into the Jak II/3 stuff?
Most of the series was based around Jak 2/3's tone, but you don't really get to those stories without telling of where it started. I think the best option would be to tell 1's story with a tone closer to 2 or 3. Make Jak speak, give Daxter more of a foul mouth, that sort of thing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Definitely one of the weirder things I've recorded, haha.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The SF6 roster is pretty solid but they really should've found a way to squeeze in a SF3 character or two considering this game takes place after that one in the timeline.
I'll always shill for Dudley, but I think Sean would have a great get for this game.

That said, Kim and Jamie are cool, and feel closer to 3S characters to me.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright. My latest attempt at Marvel vs. Capcom 5. This is probably after a couple of seasons or expansions but god help me if I can decide who goes in which one.
Marvel
Capcom
Iron ManMega Man
The Hulk(Mega Man) Zero
ThorSigma
Captain AmericaTron Bonne
Black WidowRyu
HawkeyeChun-Li
Quicksilver and Scarlet WitchM. Bison
The VisionAkuma
Ant-Man and the WaspGill
Dr. StrangeG
Spider-ManMike Haggar
Black PantherBelger
Captain MarvelAkira Kazama
Ms. MarvelMorrigan Aensland
Namor the Sub-MarinerJon Talbain
WolverineDonovan Bain
CyclopsB.B. Hood
StormJedah Dohma
PhoenixCaptain Commando
PsylockeStrider Hiryu
DeadpoolSir Arthur
Fantastic FourJin Saotome
DaredevilHayato Kanzaki
Star-LordJill Valentine
Rocket RaccoonAlbert Wesker
CrystalLady Dimitrescu
BladeDante
Ghost RiderVergil
The MandarinNero
LokiAmaterasu
Baron ZemoViewtiful Joe
Green GoblinPhoenix Wright
Dr. OctopusFranziska von Karma
VenomMonster Hunter (Rise)
MagnetoLeo & Razewing Ratha
JuggernautAsura
Mr. SinisterRegina
ApocalypseSamanosuke Akechi
SentinelEdward Falcon
Dr. Doomkiller7
DormammuNina
BlackheartAmingo
Boss: Kang the Conqueror

“Echo Fighters”
  • Miles Morales – Spider-Man
  • War Machine – Iron Man
  • Red Hulk – Hulk
  • Carnage – Venom
  • Proto Man – Mega Man
  • Ken Masters – Ryu
  • Leon S. Kennedy – Jill Valentine
  • Apollo Justice – Phoenix Wright
Just steal the setup from Lego Marvel 2. Kang has stolen places from all over the Marvel and Capcom universes and made them into a big city out of time called Chronopolis and everyone in the city is challenged to beat him in a fight.
I think the roster is pretty solid, only missing a few notable characters like Nemesis. Though, I think three team characters on Marvel is a bit overboard.

Btw, which version of Mandarin you're going from?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the roster is pretty solid, only missing a few notable characters like Nemesis. Though, I think three team characters on Marvel is a bit overboard.

Btw, which version of Mandarin you're going from?
There's only two though and they fight very differently. Pietro and Wanda are a legit tag team who share a health bar yes, but I envision Ant-Man and The Wasp always being out together with both characters constantly shrinking and growing as part of the attack sets.

Kind of an amalgam Mandarin. I actually really like the visual design of Mandarin from that weird mid 2000s Iron Man: Armored Adventures cartoon because it gives him this badass Chinese-inspired suit of power armor. Which IMO fits a character who is supposed to be Iron Man's arch enemy. But he should definitely have the 10 super powered rings because that's the most iconic part of the character and would make for the most interesting move set. Maybe you could include some martial arts stuff too as a reference to the Shang-Chi version, if you can make all that work, but I'm not sure on that one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's only two though and they fight very differently. Pietro and Wanda are a legit tag team who share a health bar yes, but I envision Ant-Man and The Wasp always being out together with both characters constantly shrinking and growing as part of the attack sets.

Kind of an amalgam Mandarin. I actually really like the visual design of Mandarin from that weird mid 2000s Iron Man: Armored Adventures cartoon because it gives him this badass Chinese-inspired suit of power armor. Which IMO fits a character who is supposed to be Iron Man's arch enemy. But he should definitely have the 10 super powered rings because that's the most iconic part of the character and would make for the most interesting move set. Maybe you could include some martial arts stuff too as a reference to the Shang-Chi version, if you can make all that work, but I'm not sure on that one.
Doesn't this game already have a tag mechanic though? Also, Fantastic Four is there, which I also assume are a group.

Either way, I'd like to see you do some DLC. Capcom has still some fun options and Marvel heroes are kinda on the safe side because there's a lot of villains.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't this game already have a tag mechanic though? Also, Fantastic Four is there, which I also assume are a group.

Either way, I'd like to see you do some DLC. Capcom has still some fun options and Marvel heroes are kinda on the safe side because there's a lot of villains.
Oh oops. Forgot about the FF. I imagined them being like Ginyu Force in DragonBall FighterZ.

And yeah it has a tag mechanic but I feel like you could still make an individual tag character interesting in that environment.

And like... I asume the roster I presented is already post-dlc because it's so big lol! But who would you want to see?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh oops. Forgot about the FF. I imagined them being like Ginyu Force in DragonBall FighterZ.

And yeah it has a tag mechanic but I feel like you could still make an individual tag character interesting in that environment.

And like... I asume the roster I presented is already post-dlc because it's so big lol! But who would you want to see?
On the Marvel side, maybe some young heroes like Nico Minoru or maybe some less-used mutants such as Nightcrawler or Syren.

As for the Capcom side, pretty much just Rashid and Poison and maaaaybe Tessa.

Top Bottom