• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On the Marvel side, maybe some young heroes like Nico Minoru or maybe some less-used mutants such as Nightcrawler or Syren.

As for the Capcom side, pretty much just Rashid and Poison and maaaaybe Tessa.
Those are some good ideas. I also had Punisher on my list for a long time before cutting him. I’m thinking of maybe incorporating MvC1’s idea of “Assist Characters” so that more characters can be included.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh nice! Who? Now I'm curious, haha.
Leona Renee. She was a localizer on a lot of XSeed's games like the Trails of series and has been doing voice acting as of late.

She's been part of the Granblue guild I've been in since before I joined and has always loved the game.

Cygames started offering her small voice acting roles in Shadowverse, and then tonight the whole guild exploded when it was announced that she was voicing one of the new playable characters for Granblue Versus 2.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Leona Renee. She was a localizer on a lot of XSeed's games like the Trails of series and has been doing voice acting as of late.

She's been part of the Granblue guild I've been in since before I joined and has always loved the game.

Cygames started offering her small voice acting roles in Shadowverse, and then tonight the whole guild exploded when it was announced that she was voicing one of the new playable characters for Granblue Versus 2.
Dang that's sick!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've been slacking on these Black History Month posts lately... so just a couple quick things, since spring and summer are around the corner:
  1. Support black creatives as usual. There's a lot of stuff you can do to support, I know I brought up the Proud Family (despite what racists on the internet told you, it never missed once), but there's plenty other shows, games, and indie projects that you can support. We're everywhere online
  2. Do not harass black creatives. It's 2023 and I'm still seeing people getting dogpiled for cosplaying someone while being black, or drawing a character black. None of these are racist, contrary to popular belief, we can't change our skin tone on the fly, and things like black edits are usually done out of love and respect for the character/franchise.
  3. "But just make your own original character". Then support them when they make their own original character. Seeing lots of folks not do that when they say crap like that.
  4. Be wary of casual racism. Racism doesn't have to be overt 100% of the time, even things that seem fine can be racist. For example, don't call someome your chocolate waifu, just don't.
  5. Please do not speak over minorities. If good amount of minorities says it's offensive, it's probably offensive. If they say it's wrong, it's probably wrong. If you're the only one pushing back on whatever hill you want to die on, you're probably wrong and should stop.
  6. Just saying slurs ain't funny. Please be creative.
OK that's all, see y'all next year when I lecture y'all again. Happy BHM to my black peeps on this site, shame that this month's cut short and the rest of the year is dedicated to cacausians.

Jk, every month is BHM.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I heard they are doing an anime original ending, right?
I wish, but everything we've seen of it so far suggests that it's a pretty direct adaptation with only a few AO scenes to further flesh out things like how people respond to being under attack by the Rumbling.

Guess we'll know for sure when a look at the second part is dropped.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cheese sticks taste better when they're made with goat cheese and I'm tired of pretending they don't.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Sometimes I ask myself, what am I doing here- wait no, those were Sonic lyrics...

What I mean is...why do y'all think that out of all the Scooby-Doo characters besides Scooby himself and Shaggy, Velma is the one who has had the most time in the spotlight? Fans love her, she's earned big roles in some movies and TV shows (Frankencreepy and Mystery Incorporated for example), and even earned her very own show. It's surprising, really. I'd like to see an analysis video on that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok so I beat the Magolor Epilogue stuff and wow, **** was very fun, Kirby's kind of like a beat em up so having a combo counter is actually very cool and damn they really added more lore to everything, even Whispy and Mr. Dooter get lore now. I've got Extra Mode left which I wanna do in a speedrunny way cause Kirby games have had extra fights in the True Arene since Triple Deluxe and I kinda wanna know if there's like, a Magolor True Soul or something cause Magolor Soul was just a name change in the original

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm fairly certain I was there when you first brought it up.
I had certain (i now realize unfounded) expectations about what Grookey would evolve into and they were not met and they made me have an explosive emotional reaction to a dumb fictional monkey at a time when my mental health was in a fragile state. Nowadays I feel nothing but a mild dislike of the Pokemon, but that's mostly because of the memories it triggers rather than anything about it. So it's my fault.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had certain (i now realize unfounded) expectations about what Grookey would evolve into and they were not met and they made me have an explosive emotional reaction to a dumb fictional monkey at a time when my mental health was in a fragile state. Nowadays I feel nothing but a mild dislike of the Pokemon, but that's mostly because of the memories it triggers rather than anything about it. So it's my fault.
Well at least you'll own up to that, I can respect that.

But back on the topic, I would recommend ScVi, but only if you can stomach the Open world. And I guess bugs.

And Nemona.

Last edited:
Top Bottom