• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Here's a lucky coincidence: after I had already pledged allegiance to Team Sweet, I got the "Sweet-Toothed" title from the Shell-out Machine! (I'll probably go back to "Savvy Trendsetter" after the Splatfest is over)
sweet toothed trendsetter.png

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
おはようございます. I release the blessing of peace upon everyone here this morning and pray that the upcoming new year treats y'all wonderfully! :yoshi:

This year went okay for me. I was finally able to get the last few games (Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Super Mario Party, Mario Party Superstars) to complete the Honeydew Arcade...which I should re-brand as Maryse's Rec Room. Over the holidays, my only present was God's infinite love.

What am I looking forward to in 2023? Not much at the moment; just the Super Mario Bros. movie and, of course, the :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo. :yoshi:
2022 was the best year of my life for a lot of reasons, so I'm expecting this year to be relatively tamer.

my relationship with my bf hasn't collapsed yet, I start a new, better job on the 3rd(and I have a safety net to boot since I'm working with a local nonprofit where if I turn out to not like the job I can leave and they can get me sorted out into a new one in a similar career path) and I'm taking my driver's road test on the 10th: should I pass, that will open up new opportunities for me and secure more independence to boot.(I need to save up for a car unfortunately but not having to drive with someone else already would go a long way in helping ease myself into being 100% fully independent and ready to move out)

osby

Smash Obsessed
The question of "the best Phineas and Ferb character" is an age-old debate that I desire to get the ultimate answer to

I mean, I think it's Candace, but that's probably just me being stoopid. I'd like to hear your answers
It's a toss-up between Candace and Doofenshmirtz for me. They're both equally hilarious.

Do you think GF knew what they were doing when they aged up Gary and Red in the game Sun and Moon
Do I need to bring out the horny stick again?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not today, thanks, maybe kater
But really, thats a legit question im curious about. Why did they even age them up in the first place. They could of kept then as 10 y/os if they wanted
While it's not explictly stated, the games have a timeline where the amount of time passed is about how much time has passed between each gen in the real world. RBG released in 1996, Red was 11, GS came out in 1999 so three years passed so he'd be 14. When he returned in BW2, that was in 2012 so 13 years passed and he'd be 27 (though he's 28 here so maybe an early birthday). SM has him at 30, but SM also takes place in a differemt continuity from other games. Even then, a timeline has been established since Gen 2, that game was dealing with the aftermath of Team Rocket.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Sun and Moon, it really had a great art direction now that I'm looking back.

The setting was super unique, there are a ton of strong Pokemon designs that fit well into the island aesthetic while also feeling distinct, characters were diverse and USUM may have my favorite protagonist designs ever in the series.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Happy January
The question of "the best Phineas and Ferb character" is an age-old debate that I desire to get the ultimate answer to

I mean, I think it's Candace, but that's probably just me being stoopid. I'd like to hear your answers
Isn't it obvious? It's the suave, fedora-wearing hero who keeps the entire Tri-state area safe from Dr.Doofensmirtz's dastardly schemes.

PLANTY THE POTTED PLANT, BABY!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
how is everyone liking the new year so far?
Started on a pretty somber note so far, my great-uncle unfortunately passed away from stage 4 cancer last night. Don't know when the funeral will take place but I'll be attending out of respect.

Other then that, pretty quiet and so far good. Gonna try to make this year a better one if I can.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I now know my top 50 favorite Pokémon.

50. Kyogre
49. Arcanine (both forms)
48. Salazzle
47. Aggron
46. Alolan Raichu
45. Runerigus
44. Garchomp
43. Hydreigon
42. Slowking
41. Slwobro (both forms)
40. Toedscruel
39. Goodra (both forms though Hisuian form has a slight edge)
38. Skeledirge
37. Basculegion
36. Rayquaza
35. Ampharos
34. Venusaur
33. Samurott (both forms)
32. Gengar
31. Gardevoir
30. Mewtwo
29. Tyranitar
28. Baxcalibur
27. Breloom
26. Palossand
25. Ribombee
24. Snorlax
23. Swampert
22. Giratina
21. Annihilape
20. Excadrill
19. Toxtricity
18. Galvantula
17. Crobat
16. Kleavor
15. Aegislash
14. Golisopod
13. Roserade
12. Lucario
11. Infernape
10. Staraptor
9. Tyrantrum
8. Metagross
7. Krookodile
6. Salamence
5. Scizor
4. Grimmsnarl
3. Decidueye (both forms)
2. Chandelure
1. Greninja
Fully evolved mons only because that's what I set the picker to, but I'd probably sneak Scyther in somewhere otherwise.

Here's to 50 more

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I now know my top 50 favorite Pokémon.

50. Kyogre
49. Arcanine (both forms)
48. Salazzle
47. Aggron
46. Alolan Raichu
45. Runerigus
44. Garchomp
43. Hydreigon
42. Slowking
41. Slwobro (both forms)
40. Toedscruel
39. Goodra (both forms though Hisuian form has a slight edge)
38. Skeledirge
37. Basculegion
36. Rayquaza
35. Ampharos
34. Venusaur
33. Samurott (both forms)
32. Gengar
31. Gardevoir
30. Mewtwo
29. Tyranitar
28. Baxcalibur
27. Breloom
26. Palossand
25. Ribombee
24. Snorlax
23. Swampert
22. Giratina
21. Annihilape
20. Excadrill
19. Toxtricity
18. Galvantula
17. Crobat
16. Kleavor
15. Aegislash
14. Golisopod
13. Roserade
12. Lucario
11. Infernape
10. Staraptor
9. Tyrantrum
8. Metagross
7. Krookodile
6. Salamence
5. Scizor
4. Grimmsnarl
3. Decidueye (both forms)
2. Chandelure
1. Greninja
Fully evolved mons only because that's what I set the picker to, but I'd probably sneak Scyther in somewhere otherwise.

Here's to 50 more
wait i forgot about sirfetch'd ****

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jondolio posted this a while ago but I finally finished it but also I had to cop out with the favorite pokemon because I cannot decide between those 3 as my favorite

Also there are so many pokemon I love that I could not put in my favorites and it hurts me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** Pit gameplay in a Smash tournament…a perfect way for Smash to kick off 2023

Top Bottom