• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Everyone here doubting F-Zero's return.

Gamera all laughs at ya. Absent for 16 years and he's coming back with a NetFlix anime.

Impossible can become possible.
I expect it to not come true.
I mean Gamera is making a glorious return after 16 years.

The impossible is now possible for nearly anything and gains my faith The Angry Beavers could eventually make a comeback at some point (Whether for future Nick games or a reboot or should I say respoot).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man.... Sonic the Hedgehog.... i'm still on a Hedgehog kick and I still have an itch for a really good new Sonic game that hasn't been scratched. Even though a new Sonic game came out this year.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I installed a mod in the PC version of Sonic Adventure that replaces the Froggy object in Big's stages with the Froggy object from Gamma's stage and you can just grab Froggy like a collectable animal and the game counts it. I beat Big the Cat's campaign in record time and I don't even care that it's cheating. I didn't have to fish once.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Beat Devil Within for Tekken 5 and got Devil Jin early for my efforts. The last two bosses were annoying. But I cheesed the last boss cause the AI broke and barely attacked anymore. At least I think that's what happened. Like Orge was thinking more like a normal enemy and not a boss. Still gotta unlock Heihachi, Ganryu and Mokujin. From there, I then gotta get all the extra costumes, cause I only grabbed Eddy Gordo.

Also started I-Ninja. So far, pretty fun. It was a game I always got to play the demo of, but not the full thing. Though there's a lot more Monkey Ball Shenanigans than I thought there would be. Gonna try and get as close to 100% as I can, but there's an annoying time trial stage I'll likely pass on for the time being.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I installed a mod in the PC version of Sonic Adventure that replaces the Froggy object in Big's stages with the Froggy object from Gamma's stage and you can just grab Froggy like a collectable animal and the game counts it. I beat Big the Cat's campaign in record time and I don't even care that it's cheating. I didn't have to fish once.
What's the point of Sonic Adventure if there's no fishing?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I put up a missing poster for the dogs that wandered off a couple days ago.

I haven't seen either of them as road kill yet, and ive been in the roads nearby just to make sure, so i guess that might be a good sign.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I'm bored, so I'm going to show my tier list of the Disney shows I'm most familiar with

Iconic, top 10 show tier: Amphibia, Milo Murphy's Law
Awesome or super nostalgic tier: The Emperor's New School, Lilo and Stitch the Series, Phineas and Ferb, Rolie Polie Olie, The Owl House, Wander Over Yonder
Great tier: The Ghost and Molly McGee, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, 101 Dalmatian Street, Aladdin the Series, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Ducktales 2017, The 7D, The Buzz on Maggie, Hamster and Gretel
Good tier: Little Einsteins, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, Higglytown Heroes, PB&J Otter, Timon and Pumbaa, American Dragon: Jake Long, 2013 Mickey Mouse, Tangled the Series, Classic Ducktales, Jojo's Circus, Monsters at Work, 101 Dalmatians the Series
Has its moments tier: Mickey MouseWorks, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Doug, Fish Hooks, Hercules the Series, The Legend of Tarzan, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Recess, Star vs The Forces of Evil
Eh tier: Handy Manny, The Little Mermaid, The Three Caballeros, Quack Pack
Meanspirited garbage that needed like 20 more years in the oven to come anywhere CLOSE to being pleasant tier: House of Mouse

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I'm bored, so I'm going to show my tier list of the Disney shows I'm most familiar with

Iconic, top 10 show tier: Amphibia, Milo Murphy's Law
Awesome or super nostalgic tier: The Emperor's New School, Lilo and Stitch the Series, Phineas and Ferb, Rolie Polie Olie, The Owl House, Wander Over Yonder
Great tier: The Ghost and Molly McGee, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, 101 Dalmatian Street, Aladdin the Series, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Ducktales 2017, The 7D, The Buzz on Maggie, Hamster and Gretel
Good tier: Little Einsteins, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, Higglytown Heroes, PB&J Otter, Timon and Pumbaa, American Dragon: Jake Long, 2013 Mickey Mouse, Tangled the Series, Classic Ducktales, Jojo's Circus, Monsters at Work, 101 Dalmatians the Series
Has its moments tier: Mickey MouseWorks, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Doug, Fish Hooks, Hercules the Series, The Legend of Tarzan, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Recess, Star vs The Forces of Evil
Eh tier: Handy Manny, The Little Mermaid, The Three Caballeros, Quack Pack
Meanspirited garbage that needed like 20 more years in the oven to come anywhere CLOSE to being pleasant tier: House of Mouse
That reminded me that I really loved Buzz on Maggie. Oh yeah definitely agree on House of Mouse being garbage tier.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While it's not explictly stated, the games have a timeline where the amount of time passed is about how much time has passed between each gen in the real world. RBG released in 1996, Red was 11, GS came out in 1999 so three years passed so he'd be 14. When he returned in BW2, that was in 2012 so 13 years passed and he'd be 27 (though he's 28 here so maybe an early birthday). SM has him at 30, but SM also takes place in a differemt continuity from other games. Even then, a timeline has been established since Gen 2, that game was dealing with the aftermath of Team Rocket.
Because it was the 20th anniversary, so they wanted to show the original protagonist and rival after 20 years.
Ah ok.
Ok osby osby i got my answers, you can get the horny stick ready

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do honestly wonder if I'm the only one who believes the stories and legends of trolls in Scandinavia stemmed from our prehistoric ancestors encountering neanderthals? This combined with hermits living out in the woods hence stories of wildmen throughout Europe. This also likely being the case for the stories and sightings of Bigfoot combined with bears standing upright.

And like all myths and legends, stories passed on tend to change overtime.

Grootslang originated from cobras and pythons.

Bunyip being a combination of seals swimming up rivers as well as aboriginals encounters with diprotodonts and encountering their fossils (People who showed aboriginals their fossils identified them as "bunyips").

Dragons being a combination of encounters with dinosaur fossils as well as crocodiles living in southern Europe when it was warmer (The Chinese alligator notably being said to have been the inspiration for the legends of Chinese dragons).

Story of the Great Flood in the bible came from the glaciers retreating in the last Ice Age.

The myth of Hercules being likely a man who was stronger then the usual person which people exaggerated his feats.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I do honestly wonder if I'm the only one who believes the stories and legends of trolls in Scandinavia stemmed from our prehistoric ancestors encountering neanderthals? This combined with hermits living out in the woods hence stories of wildmen throughout Europe. This also likely being the case for the stories and sightings of Bigfoot combined with bears standing upright.

And like all myths and legends, stories passed on tend to change overtime.

Grootslang originated from cobras and pythons.

Bunyip being a combination of seals swimming up rivers as well as aboriginals encounters with diprotodonts and encountering their fossils (People who showed aboriginals their fossils identified them as "bunyips").

Dragons being a combination of encounters with dinosaur fossils as well as crocodiles living in southern Europe when it was warmer (The Chinese alligator notably being said to have been the inspiration for the legends of Chinese dragons).

Story of the Great Flood in the bible came from the glaciers retreating in the last Ice Age.

The myth of Hercules being likely a man who was stronger then the usual person which people exaggerated his feats.
"Aw bunyips sound cute"
looks it up
"Oh.."

Top Bottom