• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Arlo holding a thread of hot takes for Nintendo and this one’s pretty bad:

Mario is fine, if you want mature stories, there’s literally the rpgs. The mainline games are a staple genre that no one has been able to perfectly replicate( a few come close), and because of that unique perspective, it keeps these games fun and innovative in their own ways.

We don’t need Bowser the Koopa where bowser is wielding Ak47s
To KeytoAeris: Nintendo is for all ages. What is there not to understand?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Mario is fine, if you want mature stories, there’s literally the rpgs. The mainline games are a staple genre that no one has been able to perfectly replicate( a few come close), and because of that unique perspective, it keeps these games fun and innovative in their own ways.

Rule of thumb: never ask Nintendo fans for their opinion on anything ever.

Just don't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also on the subject of Mario, another prediction:

Mario Party Supper Stars 2. With no DLC this year and the massive success of the game, it feels like sequel bait at this point. We’ve had like 2 other Mario parties already on switch, so another is not out there.

None of the maps from the first game return. The roster returns but is good with like double characters. Around 50 more mini games. All the maps are from games after the 3rd one. Particularly focused on the love for 7 that a lot of people have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm watching Life After People.

Oh dear god, I don't want to even think about what would come to my dog if I and everyone else just disappeared. It's a horrifying thought.

Same with all other dogs across the world...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After playing through Persona 5 Royal entirely with the Featherman suits on i want an entire spin off game that takes place in an alternate universe where the Persona characters are just Power rangers and they do Power ranger things.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My brain was thinking of ways to make certain Sonic characters more unique to play as and my decision for Cream the Rabbit was literally "Pikmin but with Chao".

Like you collect animals from destroyed robots and whenever you cross a goal post you can convert your stock into either more chao or stronger chao. You can send them forth to attack and they have individual health meters not based on your ring tally. Getting hit before you cross a checkpoint makes you loose your animal stock though. Spawn enough Chao and you can reach the same levels of overpowered she was in Sonic Advance 2. She can still fly with her ears but now it's for less time than Tails because she's so young and smol. Unless you have enough Chao to help you out, then it can extend your flight time. A play-through with Cream would inject a nice element of resource management/strategy into typical Sonic platforming.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The downfall of EDP is insane. Dude was the king of the internet, you could not scroll a single thread on social media without him being used as a reaction inage/video. Then out of nowhere, he was exposed as a gigantic pedo, and now he has stage five kidney failure and is probably not gonna make it.

Wild.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The downfall of EDP is insane. Dude was the king of the internet, you could not scroll a single thread on social media without him being used as a reaction inage/video. Then out of nowhere, he was exposed as a gigantic pedo, and now he has stage five kidney failure and is probably not gonna make it.

Wild.
First time I hear of the dude

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Wild.
The levels of ****ing, karma here are insane.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Literally most of the YouTubers I watch are American
Stop going against my narrative.

But if you really never heard of him, EDP wasn't really much of a Youtuber as he was of a social media star. He primarly trived on social media forums like Twitter or Instagram thanks to his memeability. He had an infamous "cupcake incident" which exposed him as a giant pedo, which I'm lowkey kinda suprised you haven't heard of given that it was a huge thing that American Youtubers covered (unless avoided every drama/news channel in their heyday or just forgot)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But if you really never heard of him, EDP wasn't really much of a Youtuber as he was of a social media star. He primarly trived on social media forums like Twitter or Instagram thanks to his memeability. He had an infamous "cupcake incident" which exposed him as a giant pedo, which I'm lowkey kinda suprised you haven't heard of given that it was a huge thing that American Youtubers covered (unless avoided every drama/news channel in their heyday or just forgot)
Yeah I don't really follow channels that cover drama

I primarily watch comedy videos, media analysis videos that aren't too pretentious, or comedic media analysis videos that aren't too pretentious

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We absolutely have a culture.

Whether it’s good or not is debatable :090:
It really depends on what place you go to and/or the ethnic/racial group you're associated with.

Something that people on the other side don't realize is America is ****ing gigantic, therw's like a gazillion cultures rolled into one place, which makes it both simultaniously beautiful and also a gigantic ****ing mess

I do wanna clarify that it's a positive overall... I think

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have managed to soft lock Sparks of Hope twice today with Bowser lol.

He’s to op for the game tbh. Love that he can be turned into basically a summoner character. Something that sets him apart from his other incarnations in Mario rpg styled spin offs.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Sega does want Nintendont

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Okay, I gotta rant for a minute

Dear zoos, animal exhibits and many invertebrate fans in general:
CONSTANTLY PREACHING THAT SPIDERS ARE COOL AND WE SHOULDN'T FEAR THEM IS NOT GOING TO CURE CRIPPLING IRRATIONAL SPIDER PHOBIAS. ARACHNOPHOBIA IS NOT JUST A DISGUST OR HATRED OF SPIDERS, IT IS AN UNCONTROLLABLE FEELING OF FRIGHT REGARDING THEM AND IT CANNOT BE CURED BY CONSTANTLY SHOUTING THAT SPIDERS ARE "HARMLESS".
Yours, arachnophobes worldwide

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, I gotta rant for a minute

Dear zoos, animal exhibits and many invertebrate fans in general:
CONSTANTLY PREACHING THAT SPIDERS ARE COOL AND WE SHOULDN'T FEAR THEM IS NOT GOING TO CURE CRIPPLING IRRATIONAL SPIDER PHOBIAS. ARACHNOPHOBIA IS NOT JUST A DISGUST OR HATRED OF SPIDERS, IT IS AN UNCONTROLLABLE FEELING OF FRIGHT REGARDING THEM AND IT CANNOT BE CURED BY CONSTANTLY SHOUTING THAT SPIDERS ARE "HARMLESS".
Yours, arachnophobes worldwide
I agree with you but I think those warnings are done for preventing you know, people actually killing or hurting spiders due to their fear, not to magically cure people's phobias.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I agree with you but I think those warnings are done for preventing you know, people actually killing or hurting spiders due to their fear, not to magically cure people's phobias.
Which is totally fair. As much as I admittedly fear spiders itself, I agree that it's important to make it clear that spiders are important. Else we'd have a lot more houseflies, horseflies and other unpleasant flies buzzing around which is not an ideal world to live in.

Spiders just...well, they look scary (apart from jumping spiders which are actually pretty endearing). I think it's the way they move. It's like a disembodied hand crawling on your walls, ew...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wild.
Never heard of the guy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Wild.
Oof stage five, huh
Shame
🤷🏿‍♀️

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only time I’ve heard about EDP was when he was exposed, never before

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another game I feel like is a lock this year, is a new mystery dungeon. The remake sold well, it’s been awhile since the last one, and there’s plenty of Pokémon and new stories/gameplay changes they can use by borrowing from the main games.

Weather they remake time/darkness/sky or a whole new game I don’t know. Either way I think it be a smart and big enough spin-off to hold down some sales while DLC takes the place of a main game this year.

Top Bottom