• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the monkey ball people are in the marbles. That's how you control them in the main series of games. I don't quite know how it would work but it's why i'm comfortable making them skins of each other.... though that does make me rethink my stance on ecco the dolphin.
Eh, I thought they would be out of their marbles like how they play in most of the SMB minigames, tbh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I apparently woke up in a very sour mood this morning. What set me off was another snow dump. Getting real sick and ******* tired of shoveling snow.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why did Dragon Ball have better voice acting than the regular DBZ dub? Makes sense for the Kai version, GT, and Super to be better…but the og DB being better is crazy

D

Deleted member

Well, that was really fast, but I was able to come up with some LEGO Super Mario Bros Movie set ideas for the situation LEGO decided to make them.

Gonna share them, although keep in mind these are based on both trailer scenes and leaked promo art, so be weary if you don't wanna get spoiled about some surprises which have been found through these leaks.

The Mario Brothers Van. 25€. Includes Mario, Luigi and Pauline. Van has two seats in the front and a small workplace at the back with plumbing tools.

Mario vs DK: Coliseum Rumble. 50€. Includes Mario, a DK Big fig, Cranky and Toad. Has a throne for Cranky and a small DK Arcade-inspired place with barrels in which to put Mario and DK fighting.

Mario's test: Getting Ready for the Adventure. 75€. Includes Mario, Peach, Toad and a Bullet Bill. Based on the training circuit seen in the trailer. Includes obstacles taken from the games, a breakable brick built Bowser cut-out, a flagpole section and a place on which to put Peach looking at Mario.

Mario's Kart Extravaganza. 100€. Includes Mario, DK, Biker Peach, Toad and Funky Kong. A set of two small vehicles for Mario and Peach and two big vehicles for DK and Funky. Size of the later two comparable to Killer Croc's Tail-Gator from the LEGO Batman Movie line of sets.

There would likely be a 125€ Bowser set too, but I currently can't think of any scene from the ones in the trailer and leaked promo material of which to base the set on. Said set would likely include at least Luigi, Mario, Bowser and Kamek doh.
Those are the LEGO set ideas I was able to come up with. Hopefully ya'll find the ideas cool :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do not understand the Jenna Ortega hype
People like her as a horror actress. She’s sort of working being like a new Jamie lee Curtis.

I find her entertaining enough. Definitely seem a little odd in person lol
Well, that was really fast, but I was able to come up with some LEGO Super Mario Bros Movie set ideas for the situation LEGO decided to make them.

Gonna share them, although keep in mind these are based on both trailer scenes and leaked promo art, so be weary if you don't wanna get spoiled about some surprises which have been found through these leaks.

The Mario Brothers Van. 25€. Includes Mario, Luigi and Pauline. Van has two seats in the front and a small workplace at the back with plumbing tools.

Mario vs DK: Coliseum Rumble. 50€. Includes Mario, a DK Big fig, Cranky and Toad. Has a throne for Cranky and a small DK Arcade-inspired place with barrels in which to put Mario and DK fighting.

Mario's test: Getting Ready for the Adventure. 75€. Includes Mario, Peach, Toad and a Bullet Bill. Based on the training circuit seen in the trailer. Includes obstacles taken from the games, a breakable brick built Bowser cut-out, a flagpole section and a place on which to put Peach looking at Mario.

Mario's Kart Extravaganza. 100€. Includes Mario, DK, Biker Peach, Toad and Funky Kong. A set of two small vehicles for Mario and Peach and two big vehicles for DK and Funky. Size of the later two comparable to Killer Croc's Tail-Gator from the LEGO Batman Movie line of sets.

There would likely be a 125€ Bowser set too, but I currently can't think of any scene from the ones in the trailer and leaked promo material of which to base the set on. Said set would likely include at least Luigi, Mario, Bowser and Kamek doh.
Those are the LEGO set ideas I was able to come up with. Hopefully ya'll find the ideas cool :)

This brings a very important question up. If we get movie sets, will they finally give us mini figures? I hope so, because that be really cool.

Also Bowser’s moving kingdom or the ice kingdom drive could work. Maybe with a play function where the walls drop when bowser shoots a fire ball at it. Giving the illusion of it be melted away.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im high key intrested in Hogwarts legacy but i know if I buy it, I will be shamed and call anti lgbt, dispite be being ****ing Bi, if I do play it even tho I do agree the stuff JK has been saying and doing is beyond unresonable.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Im high key intrested in Hogwarts legacy but i know if I buy it, I will be shamed and call anti lgbt, dispite be being ****ing Bi, if I do play it even tho I do agree the stuff JK has been saying and doing is beyond unresonable
I say just don't talk about it on social media since that's free promotion

I'm all for separating the art from the artist even though I have larger problems with this game and the franchise as a whole

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Im high key intrested in Hogwarts legacy but i know if I buy it, I will be shamed and call anti lgbt, dispite be being ****ing Bi, if I do play it even tho I do agree the stuff JK has been saying and doing is beyond unresonable.
Have you ever considered not being a millenial?

(You can always buy it 2nd hand or just pirate it if you really want to)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I say just don't talk about it on social media since that's free promotion

I'm all for separating the art from the artist even though I have larger problems with this game and the franchise as a whole
Saying Im a fan of HP is an understatement sice I read the books in school above my reading level.

What Im not a fan of is JKs attitude stuff. But already Ive seen a friend say " whoever plays Hogwarts Legacy, I hope your career tanks".

so like.. its either I play a game im intrested in the world of and be shamed or dont play it and be unhappy I cant give it a shot.
Have you ever considered not being a millenial?

(You can always buy it 2nd hand or just pirate it if you really want to)
Jk already has her money from it. Buying it 2nd hand or pirating isnt gonna change any of that. But if im going to be shamed for buying it, i might as well never buy it

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What Im not a fan of is JKs attitude stuff. But already Ive seen a friend say " whoever plays Hogwarts Legacy, I hope your career tanks".
I cannot stand this black and white rhetoric that social media cultivates. If I had an issue with enjoying art by problematic creators I wouldn't be consuming media, this issue is so much more complicated than people pretend it is

Just ignore them and play the game

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I cannot stand this black and white rhetoric that social media cultivates. If I had an issue with enjoying art by problematic creators I wouldn't be consuming media, this issue is so much more complicated than people pretend it is

Just ignore them and play the game
I feel like the big issue is just how harmful JK has been lately that it's kinda hard to ignore if you've been following anything she's done. Most people just want to play the game for Harry Potter and only Harry Potter, but since JK has a huge hand in that pot it gets super murky.

Now JK gets still got the money (and sadly she's too big to fall) so really it's just a personal morality thing at this point. Do you want to spend money that unfortunately goes to JK? Or don't?

Now this notion isn't limited to JK, I'm a fan of Kanye's music and well... it's been tough lately.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The bes thing is, Persona 4 golden is only 19.99

So I can probably get P4G And then its a tossup between FE:E and Octopath 2. Thise two ar 59.99 so i guess that where my 60 bucks will be going. Hogwarts legacy will probably have to come later
I feel like the big issue is just how harmful JK has been lately that it's kinda hard to ignore if you've been following anything she's done. Most people just want to play the game for Harry Potter and only Harry Potter, but since JK has a huge hand in that pot it gets super murky.

Now JK gets still got the money (and sadly she's too big to fall) so really it's just a personal morality thing at this point. Do you want to spend money that unfortunately goes to JK? Or don't?

Now this notion isn't limited to JK, I'm a fan of Kanye's music and well... it's been tough lately.
See, my thought process is "JK is getting thr money even if I dont buy the game, i cant sit here and pretend I am moraly greater when nothing I do here will matter"

That and its easy for me to sperate the art from the artist, something I get yelled at for a lot. I just wanna be a witch
karma-deskslam.gif

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The bes thing is, Persona 4 golden is only 19.99

So I can probably get P4G And then its a tossup between FE:E and Octopath 2. Thise two ar 59.99 so i guess that where my 60 bucks will be going. Hogwarts legacy will probably have to come later

See, my thought process is "JK is getting thr money even if I dont buy the game, i cant sit here and pretend I am moraly greater when nothing I do here will matter"

That and its easy for me to sperate the art from the artist, something I get yelled at for a lot. I just wanna be a witchView attachment 365732
Ok, then look at it this way:
By the time you buy Hogwarts, chances are used copies are floating around and they'll be cheaper than brand new. You get the game and save some money.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

My mentality is that most problematic creators are too big to fail. You're not actually going to make a dent at their wallets by not buying whatever they make.

It's not a simple black and white issue though and I'm perfectly aware that it's just my take

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ok, then look at it this way:
By the time you buy Hogwarts, chances are used copies are floating around and they'll be cheaper than brand new. You get the game and save some money.
I mean, that is true. For most people its a moral issue. For me personaly its a saving money issue
Broke collage grad hours
That's nice but it can't compare to the majesty that is Cocaine Bear.

Only 58 days to go!

#COCAINEBEARSWEEP
Cocain Bear vs Mario

Whos winning in a fight

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My mentality is that most problematic creators are too big to fail. You're not actually going to make a dent at their wallets by not buying whatever they make.

It's not a simple black and white issue though and I'm perfectly aware that it's just my take
Oh no I agree it's not black and white. I mean look at us we spend majority of the time taking about Pokemon on a Nintendo based forum lmao. Nothing's ever ethical or something.
I mean, that is true. For most people its a moral issue. For me personaly its a saving money issue

Broke collage grad hours
Oh for me it's just that Harry Potter is an ass franchise and JK Rowling is an ass person so it's both morality and I don't really care enough for HP.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm also considering maybe picking it up one day. don't get me wrong, what Rowling's been up to is despicable, but I was a big fan of HP when I was younger and the game looks like it'll be good. I'll definitely be getting it pre-owned or on a big sale to minimize the money going to her, if I even get it at all (my backlog is colossal).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of my cousins is married and at least three of his siblings have partners, meanwhile I'm over here playing the funky animal catching game
Ah for me the the closest cousins to me are like my age so nor marriages yet lmao (nor relationships to my knowledge, I think my older sis is the only one).

The ones in their 30s+ though are all cuffed so I guess I better start counting my days.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ah for me the the closest cousins to me are like my age so nor marriages yet lmao (nor relationships to my knowledge, I think my older sis is the only one).

The ones in their 30s+ though are all cuffed so I guess I better start counting my days.
The one cousin I have who's married is also in his 30s and the ones with partners are all older than me with one exception

I'm moreso embarrassed by the fact that I'm the only person in my immediate family who's never been in a relationship despite being the eldest child. Things are looking up right now but my youngest sister has had a bf for several years now while the middle sister has gone through more bfs than I can count

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm moreso embarrassed by the fact that I'm the only person in my immediate family who's never been in a relationship despite being the eldest child. Things are looking up right now but my youngest sister has had a bf for several years now while the middle sister has gone through more bfs than I can count
I wouldn't put too much stock into that, not healthy to compare yourself to your siblings.

Top Bottom