• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I had heard people saying that they hated that they were reused levels from old games and the limited aesthetics and the more limited controls compared to the open areas.
That doesn't mean they hate the levels themselves but how they were implemented.
The limited aesthetics of Green Hill Again, Chemical Plant Again, Sky Sanctuary Again and Generic City but in a boring void world takes a lot away from the levels, especially when they had cool and unique aesthetics that added a ton of personality to them in their original games.

People don't like that the solution Sonic Team found to barely changing the levels up was to make Sonic control like ass, especially in 2d and it doesn't help that the homing attack isn't built for some levels where you need to repeatedly HA a string of enemies to where it feels like a detriment.

It's a far cry from the original leaks saying these were the best parts of the game. People just want them to be done a lot better next time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Throat Spray Terra Normal Farigiraf probably won't be the top trick room sweeper of this year's VGC tournaments but boy is it funny.

I'm going all in on this build. It's Farigarigarafarig time.

(Ignore that I forgot to EV Azumarill to eat its Sitrus Berry after a single belly drum, oops).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That doesn't mean they hate the levels themselves but how they were implemented.
The limited aesthetics of Green Hill Again, Chemical Plant Again, Sky Sanctuary Again and Generic City but in a boring void world takes a lot away from the levels, especially when they had cool and unique aesthetics that added a ton of personality to them in their original games.

People don't like that the solution Sonic Team found to barely changing the levels up was to make Sonic control like ass, especially in 2d and it doesn't help that the homing attack isn't built for some levels where you need to repeatedly HA a string of enemies to where it feels like a detriment.

It's a far cry from the original leaks saying these were the best parts of the game. People just want them to be done a lot better next time.
I can agree on the reused aesthetics. I would love it if they were all brand new levels with brand new aesthetics. The controls need to be better in them, which is strange because they've gotten it right before so why would they screw it up. And I can't stress how the boost being a self-refilling stamina meter kills the challenge in this style of gameplay. That needs to be not how they work in the cyberspace levels. It can be that way in the fields, sure, but rings refilling boost needs to be how it works in the levels.

But honestly, as someone who gets little to no enjoyment out of the open feild style, and them focusing on that resulted in them majorly screwing up a style of play I really like... well you can see the conclusion I'm reaching here. Maybe if they made it so you could go through the game ONLY doing the cyberspace stages. Just like how you can go through only fishing or go through completely avoiding Cyberspace, then it would be better. But since Cyberspace only rewards you with keys and you need a gazillion other collectables to make it through, that's not a viable method of play.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Throat Spray Terra Normal Farigiraf probably won't be the top trick room sweeper of this year's VGC tournaments but boy is it funny.

I'm going all in on this build. It's Farigarigarafarig time.

(Ignore that I forgot to EV Azumarill to eat its Sitrus Berry after a single belly drum, oops).
So, basically Trick Room allows Farigiraf to get millage of its AOE Normal attacks despite its regular speed?

As someone who likes Pokemon but doesn't get how the competitive side works, it's cool to see what people can do in Pokemon Showdown. I occasionally play it but I make my teams by picking mons I like from each gen so I basically never win.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also I miss the wisps. They were cute little things that spiced up the platforming. I liked them and miss them.

Also the dev statements that they were originally considering DMC/Bayonetta style combat for the game hurts me because that would have been infinitely more fun, at least to me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, basically Trick Room allows Farigiraf to get millage of its AOE Normal attacks despite its regular speed?

As someone who likes Pokemon but doesn't get how the competitive side works, it's cool to see what people can do in Pokemon Showdown. I occasionally play it but I make my teams by picking mons I like from each gen so I basically never win.
Yeah, in doubles you'll frequently see whole teams based around Trick Room to flip speed around. Lots of pokemon have power attack and defense, balanced out mainly by having poor speed, but with Trick Room you can eliminate that weakness entirely. In fact both teams in that match I linked were mainly trick room based, which is why we were going back and fourth between who wanted it up.

It also counters other forms of offense, since offensive teams usually prioritize being fast above all else.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So recommending to Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and other weebs like Shroob Shroob but Oshi no Ko anime trailer just dropped.

It's a idol/murder mystery manga from the creator of Kaguya-sama which someone off the forums recommended me (they know who they are).

And seriously..........read the manga cause I can't say anymore. TRUST me on this.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So recommending to Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and other weebs like Shroob Shroob but Oshi no Ko anime trailer just dropped.

It's a idol/murder mystery manga from the creator of Kaguya-sama which someone off the forums recommended me (they know who they are).

And seriously..........read the manga cause I can't say anymore. TRUST me on this.
Before i bother with this show.
How much of it is actually Drama and supernatural and how much is it romance because i think rom coms are hella boring

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey everyone, since it is Christmas time, I wish to ask: What is your favorite ice level music from video games that sounds like Christmas music?
The first thing that comes to mind is Freezeezy Peak from Banjo-Kazooie. (I'm going with a link rather than an embed because I know that lots of embeds can cause issues for mobile users)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
The first thing that comes to mind is Freezeezy Peak from Banjo-Kazooie. (I'm going with a link rather than an embed because I know that lots of embeds can cause issues for mobile users)
I should have done that too. I mean, I thought putting it in spoiler would help somewhat, but maybe not? I guess I will link 'em next time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey everyone, since it is Christmas time, I wish to ask: What is your favorite ice level music from video games that sounds like Christmas music?

Mine are these.

What about you all?
Route 216 from Diamond/Pearl, In a Snowbound Land from DKC2, Frosty Fruits, Homecoming Hijinks, and Seashore War from Tropical Freeze, and Freezeezy Peak from Banjo Kazooie.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I should have done that too. I mean, I thought putting it in spoiler would help somewhat, but maybe not? I guess I will link 'em next time.
Don't worry; I wasn't meaning anything against you. (I realize it's hard to figure out tone through text, and looking back on it, my wording seemed kind of passive-aggressive, which I wasn't aiming for) I just wanted to make sure people knew because I was worried someone would post 10+ embeds at once or something.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Don't worry; I wasn't meaning anything against you. I just wanted to make sure people knew because I was worried someone would post 10+ embeds at once or something.
I know that. I was just saying. But rather, I am thankful you did say that, and do that. I dunno much about spoilering them, but I plan on doing them as links next time like I said. We all have to be mindful for the mobile users.

Top Bottom