• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Frontiers is bad tbh. That said, anyone kinda think that Lost World is an underrated masterpiece?
Masterpiece? Yes.

Underrated? No. Every Sonic fan is and should be grateful to the game that blessed us with the fantastic character that is Zavok.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You’re really having a “***** eating crackers” moment lol
I don’t know what that means. And I haven’t heard much music here that hasn’t sounded like generic orchestra stuff. The Titan fights definitely have something else but the only thing I remember is the impression of guitar. I remember Sonic Forces’s main theme better.

Shroob

Sup?
I've found the best way to stop from being overleveled, considering how wonky the map is in regards to level scaling, is to basically use a different team for each instance of story progression.

So far, soo good, and it even adds some challenge to it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t know what that means. And I haven’t heard much music here that hasn’t sounded like generic orchestra stuff. The Titan fights definitely have something else but the only thing I remember is the impression of guitar. I remember Sonic Forces’s main theme better.
The “***** eating crackers” effect is the phenomenon in which every little thing that someone (or something) does becomes offensive to you, even if it’s completely harmless. Just because you already dislike them.

For example, if you really hated this one chick and you saw her eating crackers, suddenly her eating those crackers is the most annoying thing in the world.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The “***** eating crackers” effect is the phenomenon in which every little thing that someone (or something) does becomes offensive to you, even if it’s completely harmless. Just because you already dislike them.

For example, if you really hated this one chick and you saw her eating crackers, suddenly her eating those crackers is the most annoying thing in the world.
I see. So you say this is how I am reacting to the game, yes?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Pokemon Violet

Whatever is going on between Brassius and Hassell is quite possibly the least straight thing ever

osby

Smash Obsessed
Interesting.

I will say though that it is true that I was just playing it a couple minutes ago and the only music I can bring to mind is stuff from breath of the wild and Fist Bump from Sonic Forces.
I'd say I'm surprised that you played BotW but I guess you need to play every open-world game ever to later complain about them online.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hmmm, Farigiraf gets Trick Room amd STAB Hyper Voice. Plus an ability that blocks Pranster taunt.

I'm smelling inspiration for a VGC Trick Room team.

D

Deleted member

Let's state the obvious first: yes, this version is better than the live action remake. With that said... Ay Del Toro, you sure do love doing your usual stuff.

Ok, so I wouldn't say this movie is necessarily for kids, but I'd say that with viewers discretion and with the company of parents It can be watched with kids up to 7 years old.
The movie covers A LOT of war themes, and It doesn't hold any punches. Honestly It is interesting to see Del Toro handling topics such as how war affected childhoods in Italy and I feel that the message the movie gives by the end is really powerful and emotional. Almost dropped a tear even.

The animation is dark yet also gorgeus, as expected from the director we are talking about. And The character design is amazing, done with the help of the Jim Henson company which has given us some iconic stuff already. The music is quite good and I did enjoy the musical segments.

Overall, I'd say the movie has a lot of artistic value. I'd have to rewatch It to see if It does make It to my list of best movies of 2022, but if you are a big Del Toro fan and wish to see a dark animated movie, I really can't reccomend this one enough.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly… I feel like the Werehog has better combat than Sonic Frontiers.
Werehog's gameplay is entirely action-oriented as opposed to Frontiers seamlessly incorporating action and adventure/platforming elements (and also being limited with Sonic's usual design so no stretchy arms).

So, yeah, duh.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In all honesty, the cyberspace levels were their attempt at pleasing fans of the series while doing something new. And I’m the only one who seems to find any enjoyment at all in them. So the next Sonic game, if it has this formula, will probably not have them.

The boost is still here as a mechanic, I know. But in this different context and for this different style of gameplay it just doesn’t fulfill the same need for me. Heck, the fact that it’s basically a stamina meter and not refilled by rings or wisps, even in cyberspace, already eliminates the basic element of actual challenge/strategy in that play style. But my point is that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cyberspace levels as an idea gone in the next Sonic game in favor of the open fields. And then I’ll be like fans of the adventure games, desperately hoping for a new Sonic game in my preferred style that will honestly probably never come. That’s just what happens with Sonic the Hedgehog. It’s why the community gets so split up like this. And it’s happening again because they can’t stop themselves from doing it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In all honesty, the cyberspace levels were their attempt at pleasing fans of the series while doing something new. And I’m the only one who seems to find any enjoyment at all in them. So the next Sonic game, if it has this formula, will probably not have them.
Wait, what? People seem to enjoy Cyberspace levels overall. It's not without its faults or not the main draw of the game but I don't see anyone arguing against them being in Frontiers at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what? People seem to enjoy Cyberspace levels overall. It's not without its faults or not the main draw of the game but I don't see anyone arguing against them being in Frontiers at all.
I had heard people saying that they hated that they were reused levels from old games and the limited aesthetics and the more limited controls compared to the open areas.

Top Bottom