• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nick I'd argue ain't doing as good either tbh.

What aside from Spongebob and The Loud House (Given they just canceled Ronnie Anne's spin-off). What other shows do they have currently airing?
animation wise and ignoring the 2 SpongeBob spinoffs, Star Trek (after the episodes air on Paramount+), Middlemost Post, and Rugrats 2021; then there’s also Smurfs and Alvinnn!!! & the Chipmunks.

They also have a lot of animated shows such as a Garfield reboot and a revival for Monster High (a live action one as well) being worked on. Cartoon Network still has some DC shows and some other things still being worked on…unless some of those got cancelled…but for now they living off of 3 shows on their normal schedule. Odd since Adult Swim is stacked

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
animation wise and ignoring the 2 SpongeBob spinoffs, Star Trek (after the episodes air on Paramount+), Middlemost Post, and Rugrats 2021; then there’s also Smurfs and Alvinnn!!! & the Chipmunks.

They also have a lot of animated shows such as a Garfield reboot and a revival for Monster High (a live action one as well) being worked on. Cartoon Network still has some DC shows and some other things still being worked on…unless some of those got cancelled…but for now they living off of 3 shows on their normal schedule. Odd since Adult Swim is stacked
And Adult Swim is part of Cartoon Network.

Which consists of Primal.

That already makes it better then Nick by a far margin. :smirk:

Primal>Everything that Nick currently has running now.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thinking is fun. My favorite is when I think of the imaginary girl of my dreams who will definitely enter my life one day and is in no way me feeling the social pressure of needing a relationship festering inside me making me feel kinda lonely when it probably won't change much about my life.

My 2nd favorite thing to think about is delicious food.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For those who played it, who's y'alls main in Multiversus?

I'm really liking Finn and that Backpack move is gonna get nerfed
I am the singular 1v1 Steven main. For being a support character, he's surprisingly strong offensively, his specials apply massive amounts of pressure and his normals are pretty strong. He can also create platforms and trap opponents if he gets a combo and summon minions and gets a smash-esque shield, so he has a ton of options. Pretty sure the only reason more people aren't playing him is that they don't want to play a Steven Universe character lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And Adult Swim is part of Cartoon Network.

Which consists of Primal.

That already makes it better then Nick by a far margin. :smirk:

Primal>Everything that Nick currently has running now.
Toonami is also a part of Cartoon Network, but neither that nor Adult Swim are the main channel+block out of the trio. And as a block with the benefits of freedom and adulthood, it would make sense for the mostly family friendly Cartoon Network to have their best show (in your opinion at the least) to not even be for their main channel (same applied with Close Enough on HBO Max before it got cancelled).

However the Adult Swim…and HBO Max…parts of them doesn’t apply. The actual strictly Cartoon Network block of the channel pretty much lives off of TTG (and then of course Craig and Bears), while more often than not leaving everyone else to suffer. At least with Nickelodeon they’ll air their other animated shows around for a bit and purposely kill off the ones they don’t want to keep while getting some sort of screentime.

…and then of course Disney Channel and XD are doing things better with their animation

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Thinking is fun. My favorite is when I think of the imaginary girl of my dreams who will definitely enter my life one day and is in no way me feeling the social pressure of needing a relationship festering inside me making me feel kinda lonely when it probably won't change much about my life.
The word of the day is amatonormativity.
Screenshot_20220728-002138_Chrome.jpg

Remember to take notes. This will be on this quiz at the end of the week.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Alternate colors on the Avdol Sketch remake. One's based on the Capcom game. The other two I pretty much made up, but I would be surprised if Araki or the Anime crew did something close to that anyways.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Never heard of a game letting you get a feel for DLC characters, really hope these all become standard in future fighting games

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Never heard of a game letting you get a feel for DLC characters, really hope these all become standard in future fighting games
If you know the tricks of the trade, FighterZ technically doea as well.

Ok yeah I'm being an ass, but yeah Multiversus is a very accessible game in that regard and you don't even need to spend real money to unlock the characters despite being F2P.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not that he doesn't make good points but I still think being free to play was one of the main reasons Multiversus got this big, even if it was bound to be successful with how good it is.

In other words, I finally got around to playing it and yeah, it's a lot of fun. I only played a few characters and Wonder Woman is the only one I'm good with but the game's enjoyable even if I kinda miss Smash's beginner-friendliness.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's him. The Rock.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1659016595812.png

“I’m Genma Maui! I can make the day last longer but we still better not waste any time!”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Polynesian mythology. A folk hero who appears in many different folklores throughout Oceania. Māui is usually depicted as a demigod born from a goddess and a mortal man. He wields a fishing hook that can reel any sea creature with ease and can also be used to raise archipelagos and slow the sun. Māui is commonly credited with sharing the secret of fire with humans and being killed by goddess Hine-nui-te-pō while trying to make them immortal.

Skills: Wind Dracostrike, Puncture Punch, Purple Smoke, Estoma

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fairy race.

Maui and his trusty fishhook are the victims of some weird perspective shortening but his design still works. His eyes presumably hint at his divine heritage and his hair reflects how he uses it to snare the sun in some legends. He's unfortunately really underused in Megami Tensei so here’s hoping future Soul Hackers games actually give him a 3D model.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Hmm…. maybe Nickelodeon should try leveraging some more of their iconic film and tv properties into animation for Nickelodeon like Mission: Impossible and Ru Paul’s Drag Race and…. Face/Off…? Do they own Top Gun? Paramount/Viacom really doesn’t have much outside of cartoons.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only way I'd be down for a Top Gun animated series by Nick is if they got writers as good as that of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Because otherwise given Nick nowadays screw that.
I wonder what other iconic franchises Paramount Global can purchase to make them seem like they actually have a library outside of Nickelodeon.
A Quiet Place.

Imagine a horror-based animated series based on that?

But as if that would ever happen.

Also the following.

-Beverly Hills Cop
-Cloverfield
-Crocodile Dundee
-G.I. Joe
-Jack Ryan
-Meet the Parents
-Paranormal Activity
-Scream
-Sonic movie series
-Spy Kids