• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would you even justify airing a children's cartoon based on a movie about USA military propaganda and weapon advertisement?
I mean Avatar is also a show that involved genocide and racism (Towards the Fire Nation as seen in the episode where Zuko went to that town alone and was shunned especially towards the kid he befriended once revealing being a Fire Bender).

Also as Mighty said. It worked for GI Joe apparently. What difference would a Top Gun animated series make?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if like that NetFlix animated Fast and the Furious series if the main character would be a relative of Pete "Maverick" Mitchell.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finally gonna sell kids a Tom Cruise action figure until they get recalled because they all try to indoctrinate the kids into scientology.
He kids, your teacher may put on Bill Nye the Science Guy every once in a while. Science rules? Wanna learn more, join our science club, Scientology. Together we can use science and take down these nondescripent terrorists from unspecefied foriegn country

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean Avatar is also a show that involved genocide and racism (Towards the Fire Nation as seen in the episode where Zuko went to that town alone and was shunned especially towards the kid he befriended once revealing being a Fire Bender).

Also as Mighty said. It worked for GI Joe apparently. What difference would a Top Gun animated series make?
I mean, the whole point of Avatar is that genocide and racism are bad.

Top Gun is about how warmongering is good because USA's enemies are always the bad guys and don't think about how weapon manufacturers are involved in the making of this movie.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
There's a world of difference between tackling those themes and being pure American military propaganda.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now while I was kinda kidding, I'm not sure if they could get away with a GI Joe like show in 2022 nowadays. The world was way more conservative in the 80s (think Reagan and the Iran Contra Affairs + Cold War) and ultra patriotic. GI Joe and especially Top Gun were just military recruiting tatics.

In 2022, anti war sentiments are significantly more common, especially among millenials, so people are gonna be far more wary of it.
But what about GI Joe? Doesn't that kinda tackle the same thing as well?
Not quite. Avatar is an anti-imperialist story where a pacifist and his friends take down a war-mongering empire and do not kill unless 100% necessary. GI Joe is all about glorifying war and how the good guys win and the bad guys lose, and the good guys in this instance is America which is kinda the thing Aang and his friends fought against

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Now while I was kinda kidding, I'm not sure if they could get away with a GI Joe like show in 2022 nowadays. The world was way more conservative in the 80s (think Reagan and the Iran Contra Affairs + Cold War) and ultra patriotic. GI Joe and especially Top Gun were just military recruiting tatics.

In 2022, anti war sentiments are significantly more common, especially among millenials, so people are gonna be far more wary of it.
I mean, Top Gun Maverick is looking to be the biggest movie of the year which is also American propaganda so...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Why, don't you think it's racist to dislike people of genocidal imperialist nations? :drshrug:
You joke but I think it really depends on whether or not the person in question did something bad

In the context of the show though, Zuko is literally the prince of the fire nation so the townsfolk's reaction to the reveal is completely justified

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You joke but I think it really depends on whether or not the person in question did something bad

In the context of the show though, Zuko is literally the prince of the fire nation so the townsfolk's reaction to the reveal is completely justified
Zuko also went through and entire arc of realizing the consequenses of his actions and shedding any imperialist bias he had and defected to realize his Uncle's dream. This is something that also happens irl and far more common than you realize, but they aren't really... beloved as Zuko.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Zuko also went through and entire arc of realizing the consequenses of his actions and shedding any imperialist bias he had and defected to realize his Uncle's dream. This is something that also happens irl and far more common than you realize, but they aren't really... beloved as Zuko.
Zuko's character arc is peak fiction

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
How about that Chuggaaconroy, y'all?

With Splatoon 2 finished, he says his next let's play is a game from his childhood. I'm thinking it could be one of two things:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. A Pokemon game of some kind (maybe Let's Go as it is TECHNICALLY a game he could've played in his childhood, just remade. Could also count as a FireRed re-LP in that case)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only way I'd be down for a Top Gun animated series by Nick is if they got writers as good as that of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Because otherwise given Nick nowadays screw that.

A Quiet Place.

Imagine a horror-based animated series based on that?

But as if that would ever happen.

Also the following.

-Beverly Hills Cop
-Cloverfield
-Crocodile Dundee
-G.I. Joe
-Jack Ryan
-Meet the Parents
-Paranormal Activity
-Scream
-Sonic movie series
-Spy Kids
-The Bad News Bear
-The Crow
-The Godfather
-The Naked Gun
-The Nutty Professor
-The Ring
Yeah…. Nickelodeon is really all they got.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How about that Chuggaaconroy, y'all?

With Splatoon 2 finished, he says his next let's play is a game from his childhood. I'm thinking it could be one of two things:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. A Pokemon game of some kind (maybe Let's Go as it is TECHNICALLY a game he could've played in his childhood, just remade. Could also count as a FireRed re-LP in that case)
Clearly it's an epic troll and he's gonna launch straight into 500 episodes of Xenoblade 3.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Harley Quinn’s 3rd season premiere kicked off to perfection as expected…especially the unexpected Joker song they decided to do that shouldn’t have been so damn good

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I want in the new season of Helluva Boss is to see Loona's backstory.

Like what was she doing before being adopted and what made Blitzo decide to adopt her?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I finally finished watching season five of Camp Cretaceous.

Such a welcoming addition to the franchise. Better then what the World Trilogy gave us, not to say I didn't like them.

I had a feeling they were going to tease Fallen Kingdom's ending at the end.

Also doesn't Kenji have any living relatives he could of went to live with? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins?

If not I felt it would've made sense he live with Brooklyn and her family since they were dating.

Either way, overall enjoyed this series.

Top Bottom