• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There's some cool mods for Soul Calibur 2. They're slowly getting the Console Exclusives on Gamecube/Dolphin. The mods are currently able to implement the movesets of Heihachi and Spawn into the Gamecube version, as well as some extra costumes. And most of the sound files and hitboxes, and even movelist is implemented too. So only the character models themselves are missing from what I remember. It's still W.I.P.

But this guy was able to implement Spawn's textures on a Voldo costume for the Spawn W.I.P and its pretty nice!
It's weird that a mod like this didn't exist sooner considering how Soul Calibur 2 is known for being the game with Link and Spawn in it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Well then
Congrats on setting voice actors back I guess.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Well then
Well this is... Not a great look

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Well then
Wait, there is a change Hideki was actually bullied off for something he didnt actually do?
Wth is going on

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Helena Taylor saying Jenifer Hale has no right to call herself bayonetta or sign merch as Bayo is just so ****ing petty.

Like she got the job fair and square, not knowing of the situation. Plenty of animated characters have multiple voice actors, they are all valid and people can enjoy different things about each actors portrayal.

So to be an ass like that isn’t going to help you look good in this situation. I know the situation sucks, by talking **** to your replacement whose caught in the crossfire isn’t cool.

EDIT:

I didn’t even See the above posts. What the ****???

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Helena Taylor saying Jenifer Hale has no right to call herself bayonetta or sign merch as Bayo is just so ****ing petty.

Like she got the job fair and square, not knowing of the situation. Plenty of animated characters have multiple voice actors, they are all valid and people can enjoy different things about each actors portrayal.

So to be an ass like that isn’t going to help you look good in this situation. I know the situation sucks, by talking **** to your replacement whose caught in the crossfire isn’t cool.

EDIT:

I didn’t even See the above posts. What the ****???
This whole thing is making me dizzy af
IMG_20210922_174720.jpg

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Consider the following:
  • Jason has a good reputation for getting solid inside info and he's pro-workers rights
  • Other people are corroborating parts of his story
  • Hale has a good reputation for dealing with voice actor rights and doing her research on this sort of thing
  • People found stuff suggesting that Hellena Taylor's general character is awful
  • The $450 million figure she cited is totally unrealistic and calls her whole thing into question
  • For Jason's reporting to be false, Platinum would have to forge a paper trail

The other thing is Taylor's already violated NDAs and said she has barely anything left in her videos, she can show her proof if she has it because she apparently doesn't have much to lose going by her own words

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly who gives a **** anymore

It's impossible to take anyone's word at face value on the internet and those people are so far removed from us in general, this was never going to stop me from playing the game eventually anyway

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember, don't let drama ruin your gaming experience. Just take it with a grain of salt should it be a warning sign.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also people are still like “Bayo is a huge game, they should pay her more then 15k!”

As a fan, I’m sorry to say this but it’s not.

When your main character gets into smash bros based on a freaking popularity poll, and your game still takes months to make a million, then I’m sorry it’s just not the juggernaut you think it is.

It’s a great series and notable, but financially it’s just not big enough. So for Platinum to increase her pay significantly from the last one and wanting to still work with her is a big step forward and shows they still care about their voice actors.

Sounds like Helena was greedy and wanted a pay that was way out of the company’s range and way to high for a game like this. Maybe it’s a hot take, but I genuinely believe they didn’t have a budget to pay her more but seem like they may have actually really tried.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember, don't let drama ruin your gaming experience. Just take it with a grain of salt should it be a warning sign.
That’s right,

did you know that it’s actually super easy to hack your…

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean you got Jason Schreier who rarely, if ever, misses with his reporting and there's someone else backing him up

versus

a terf
I can't believe I'm saying this, but her being alt-right is somehow the least of the issues at hand.

I mean it sure as hell doesn't make her look better but I think the bigger issue is how will this affect other VAs trying to make an honest living (if she lied). Set peeps back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't believe I'm saying this, but her being alt-right is somehow the least of the issues at hand.

I mean it sure as hell doesn't make her look better but I think the bigger issue is how will this affect other VAs trying to make an honest living (if she lied). Set peeps back.
Fully agree on this, if lying, she just ****ed over so many people by making voice actors look terrible and saying they should boy cott games. Companies are gonna be super weary of things like this happening in future and you can’t blame them unfortunately. It’s going to strain those relationships more then they already are.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess on the other end, at least Ubisoft seems to be treating actors right for Mario and rabbids considering there’s voice acting for that game. I’m still looking forward to that in two days.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can someone please explain how Hellena Taylor is alt right?
I guess on the other end, at least Ubisoft seems to be treating actors right for Mario and rabbids considering there’s voice acting for that game. I’m still looking forward to that in two days.
I wouldn't assume anything about that

Top Bottom