• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At this point, I only care for P4G now
that’s the one I wants to try out most (no offense to Mass Destruction)
Persona 5 fans excited to play it for the first time:4pacman:
Pac-Man finally gonna play it?
Nintendo only fans realizing Persona is an Anime RPG
by the time they found out, the reviews were loaded into the system…they can’t escape

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
MooMew64 MooMew64 and anyone else who uses 3rd-party Minecraft launchers, specifically PolyMC:

There’s a major security issue with the PolyMC launcher’s keyholder, so uninstall it as soon as you can:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 and anyone else who uses 3rd-party Minecraft launchers, specifically PolyMC:

There’s a major security issue with the PolyMC launcher’s keyholder, so uninstall it as soon as you can:
5AF22B5F-E003-4124-A644-C9A852E55FEE.jpeg

this just set the Steam Deck Minecraft community back to the stone ages

This was my launcher of choice, too. Dang.

Oh well, thanks for the warning, CJ. Gonna go get my Microsoft password changed just in case, and then remove PolyMC from my Steam Deck. Thankfully there's another alternative, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan PolyMC just worked, this is depressing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Horror game fans are eating really well this week

MooMew64

Hmm

This PolyMC stuff kinda making me not trust any of the 3rd party launchers now lol.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine what exactly got compromised? The tweet's wording is weird: Was it the keyring that handles their connection to mod databases like CurseForge and Modrinth? ...Or were they storing account credentials? 'Cause, uh, that's very not legal if they were; usually if a company allows a 3rd party launcher, they allow access to their APIs so that the fan launcher doesn't do any real interaction with your info (at least that's how I THOUGHT it worked...).

EDIT: I looked into it a bit, it was their metadata server and update server. Still, always a good idea to change passwords just in case lol.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hmm

This PolyMC stuff kinda making me not trust any of the 3rd party launchers now lol.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine what exactly got compromised? The tweet's wording is weird: Was it the keyring that handles their connection to mod databases like CurseForge and Modrinth? ...Or were they storing account credentials? 'Cause, uh, that's very not legal if they were; usually if a company allows a 3rd party launcher, they allow access to their APIs so that the fan launcher doesn't do any real interaction with your info (at least that's how I THOUGHT it worked...).

EDIT: I looked into it a bit, it was their metadata server and update server. Still, always a good idea to change passwords just in case lol.
Not gonna lie, I didn't even know Minecraft HAD 3rd party launchers. Is there any benefit to using one? Cause the default Minecraft launcher has always worked fine for me, haha.

MooMew64

Not gonna lie, I didn't even know Minecraft HAD 3rd party launchers. Is there any benefit to using one? Cause the default Minecraft launcher has always worked fine for me, haha.
9 times outta 10 it's just so you can install mods straight from the launcher and manage them as instances. They're pretty much there so you can be lazy lol.

From what I'm reading it seems like this all started from infighting again, which is...Becoming very common with MC projects as of late. TBH just use the official launcher.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Horror game fans are eating really well this week
Conspiracy Time

Tonight is the Fortnite Halloween Patch and last Halloween we got Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine

I'm willing to bet that we get Leon and Another character be that Ada or Claire on the night of this show.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Conspiracy Time

Tonight is the Fortnite Halloween Patch and last Halloween we got Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine

I'm willing to bet that we get Leon and Another character be that Ada or Claire on the night of this show.
Chris Redfield when he realises Leon is joining him in Fortnite

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Every year my mom always begs me to give her Christmas gifts ideas for me and it's that time once again. It's not an easy task when you're a grown-ass man when you have the money to go ahead and buy what you want pretty much whenever you want. And she doesn't like to take "I don't really want anything" as an answer.

And when I finally have an idea, she says it's too expensive (the $270 LEGO Mighty Bowser set)

roy.jpg

sigh...

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Every year my mom always begs me to give her Christmas gifts ideas for me and it's that time once again. It's not an easy task when you're a grown-ass man when you have the money to go ahead and buy what you want pretty much whenever you want. And she doesn't like to take "I don't really want anything" as an answer.

And when I finally have an idea, she says it's too expensive (the $270 LEGO Mighty Bowser set)

View attachment 362383

sigh...
Just say gift cards

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hmm

sorry, wasn’t online. tbh wasn’t sure either, just sounded scary.

Apparently the lead dev is…problematic, so I guess he booted everyone else off if they disagreed with his views.

If it still interests you, the devs who were booted made a fork temporarily called PlaceholderMC, and there’s a new meta server for safe versions of PolyMC.

PlaceholderMC:

Meta server:

Of course, it’s probably best to just use the official launcher. Personally though, I’m lazy so I may still use the new launcher :p

edit: you may need to remove PolyMC from your Microsoft account's permissions, too:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
3rd place is a rigged as **** placement, but Takeover being above Last Surprise isn't the worst thing

MooMew64

sorry, wasn’t online. tbh wasn’t sure either, just sounded scary.

Apparently the lead dev is…problematic, so I guess he booted everyone else off if they disagreed with his views.

If it still interests you, the devs who were booted made a fork temporarily called PlaceholderMC, and there’s a new meta server for safe versions of PolyMC.

PlaceholderMC:

Meta server:

Of course, it’s probably best to just use the official launcher. Personally though, I’m lazy so I may still use the new launcher :p

edit: you may need to remove PolyMC from your Microsoft account's permissions, too:
Yeah, I'm just going back to the official launcher lol. And thanks for the heads up on the account permissions, I already got that done earlier 'cause I saw people saying to do that lol.

I think I saw official Minecraft devs supporting the OG tweet recommending GDLauncher and MultiMC, so I might use those for Steam Deck. If not, the official launcher works, I just have to reenter my credentials every time because the Deck doesn't have Gnome Keyring, so it can't remember your sign in lol. Not a big deal, though, and stuff like this REALLY hurts my trust in 3rd party offerings.

Top Bottom