• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I think we Team Grub could have more credit, but it may been the best option for this splatfest. Team Gear or Fun was the two sides that was at each other necks and Frye did comfort us with " we didn’t win but we ate ". Also, anyone heard Frye cuss during the Splatfest results reveal?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For anyone who cares…

Just a heads up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For anyone who cares…

Just a heads up.
Idk how the corpse of E3 is still kicking but alright, I'll watch some cool new games and a lot of straight garbage

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Idk how the corpse of E3 is still kicking but alright, I'll watch some cool new games and a lot of straight garbage
That is why I said "For anyone who cares", though it probably should have been "For anyone who still cares".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lots of mechanic changes coming this update. Buff/Debuff type resistance, using the same character on the same team, 4/5 & 5/5 Grid nodes, etc. The later is huge as up until this point there was little point in fully maxing out units unless they were your favorites/bragging right.

Both Halloween Iris and SS Wally are looking to give their respective types some majorly needed buffs with Poison & Fairy Zone. Of course there had to be a Poison Type Hyper Beam someday. I will never understand the popularity of the Hex Maniac, but more playable NPCs are good.

I'm surprised we're getting 3 Galar units this month, I was kind of expecting them to save Victor for the Galar Villain arc. I wonder who will end up getting Cinderace now?

Will probably have to pull for Raihan now that he's coming to the Trainer Lodge. It's been only a month and I already have 3 Lodge units unlocked. If they are only adding one a month, for many players they will probably run out of interact-able units by the end of the year.

The last of the Hoenn units are getting their grids so all that is left are units from Kanto/Unova. Only four more 5* units need their EX now that running meme Glacia has hers. Datamine also confirms that Colress now has a model, so if it wasn't already an easy prediction, it looks like the Unova Villain arc will be next month. If so I'd expect for Cheren to get their EX/Grid next month as well.

Also Happy Birthday!
The rebuff mechanic seems like an interesting concept, I wonder how good it will be. 5/5 nodes for pokefairs i neat but also sucks because of how hard it is to us to get there, and how limited the coins are. Could be a big buff for some units like Raihan.

Poison hyper beam is going to go crazy. Alister looks like a good support and hex maniac should have had chandelure. Wally finally getting something is a big plus though and I love that they went with the shiny gardevoir idea people had.

The galar units make me thing it’s Galar villain arc next with Hop and Cinderace and who knows what else. Although the datamine makes a good case for that other region, although the spoiler character is also someone we will be fighting in one of these events. So it could be for that or just a hint towards the next arc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks to Tekken Bloodline and Jim Carrey as Eggman, videogame adaptations can be good again after NT Warrior finished.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
greatest FE healer of all time already
View attachment 361404
I tolerate 0 Sunshine slander
I got you
  1. Sunshine’s build up to the Bowser fight was ridiculously stupid while the fight was way too easy as compensation
  2. the Fluddless levels were unholy
  3. Bowser’s voice wasn’t Jack Black therefore it is ****
  4. …Toadsworth…
  5. the camera controls are mid but still better than the ones for Mario 64
  6. Being forced to play through every single level to reach the ending, no matter how hard they may be, was pure evil

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
[

I got you
  1. Sunshine’s build up to the Bowser fight was ridiculously stupid while the fight was way too easy as compensation
  2. the Fluddless levels were unholy
  3. Bowser’s voice wasn’t Jack Black therefore it is ****
  4. …Toadsworth…
  5. the camera controls are mid but still better than the ones for Mario 64
  6. Being forced to play through every single level to reach the ending, no matter how hard they may be, was pure evil
Didn't ask + ratio

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom