• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Give me some feedback on my powerwash simulator collab ideas

• Clean Tails’ Workshop & The Tornado
  • Clean the Master Emerald Shrine
  • Clean the Eggmobile & Metal Sonic
  • Clean the Death Egg Robot
  • Clean Shadow’s Motorcycle
  • Clean the Fortress of Solitude
  • Clean the Batcave and Batmobile
  • Clean Arkham Asylum’s Cells
  • Clean the Amazon’s Training Ground
  • Clean the Cosmic Treadmill
  • Clean the Central Power Battery
  • Clean Aquaman’s Throne Room
  • Clean the Rock of Eternity
  • Clean Titan’s Tower
  • Clean the Hall of Doom
  • Clean the House
  • Clean Skips’ Garage
  • Clean Muscle Man’s Trailer
  • Clean Pops’ Car
  • Clean the Temple of Eternal Youth
  • Clean the Show Stage
  • Clean Pirate’s Cove
  • Clean the Security Office
  • Clean Parts & Services
  • Clean Bag End
  • Clean Rivendell (specifically the council meeting area, but that doesn’t have a name. And saying “clean the council of Elrond” makes it sound like you’re supposed to clean the people)
  • Clean Barad-dûr
  • Clean the Mirror of Galadriel
  • Clean the Misty Mountain Horde
Also a Fortnite collab would be funny but I don’t know enough about it to decide what the levels should be

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw that 4chan rumor for the switch testing thing.

I think it’s conceptually right but not fully.

My prediction is it is a streaming service. Think what they had on the 3ds with things like Dinosaur office.

Except a bigger scale. Exclusive shows and animations based on existing properties.

Stuff like the kid Icarus shorts but in different styles and mediums. Maybe a Rhythm heaven series where each mini game has a different short about the characters. All bundled into the switch online. With the point of the test to see what content people like and want more of.

Granted I think the biggest point against something like this is how easy it would be to reupload all this content elsewhere. So maybe Nintendo wouldn’t want to invest into it.

If it’s not this, then it’s a feature that the switch 2 will take full advantage of that we can’t even think of atm.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Lego Fortnite collab update:

Black Adam is apparently set to receive a Lego style in the future. He would be the first DC character to receive this.

This also means that, despite what the Fortnite community thinks, Multiversus did not stop WB from Fortnite collabs.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What is the best Disney movie, and why is it Sleeping Beauty?

Alright for serious though, I haven't quite figured out what movie is my favorite. I know it's either Sleeping Beauty, Oliver and Company, Aladdin or Encanto. I just think Sleeping Beauty is stupidly underrated, is all.
I do have a couple of favourites from Disney Animation which includes Pinocchio, Mulan, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons, Big Hero 6, Moana and Encanto.

If it is from Pixar, I would say Toy Story 2, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Coco, Turning Red, Elemental and Monsters Inc.

1728737240091.png

Also hard to believe that this is the same Bridgit Mendler who was once well known for being Juliette in Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place and also Teddy in Good Luck, Charlie.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Lego Fortnite collab update:

Black Adam is apparently set to receive a Lego style in the future. He would be the first DC character to receive this.

This also means that, despite what the Fortnite community thinks, Multiversus did not stop WB from Fortnite collabs.
They had a chance to put Lego Batman or any other DC character lmao

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After a little testing of the Phillips CD-i inspired controller for Switch I got today, here are my thoughts so far:
  • The console allows you to button remap, unlike some other third-party controllers
  • It feels really great with Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore (as it should)
  • Yes, you can play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with it

Here's what the controller looks it like if you don't know

CD-i.jpeg

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Saw that 4chan rumor for the switch testing thing.

I think it’s conceptually right but not fully.

My prediction is it is a streaming service. Think what they had on the 3ds with things like Dinosaur office.

Except a bigger scale. Exclusive shows and animations based on existing properties.

Stuff like the kid Icarus shorts but in different styles and mediums. Maybe a Rhythm heaven series where each mini game has a different short about the characters. All bundled into the switch online. With the point of the test to see what content people like and want more of.

Granted I think the biggest point against something like this is how easy it would be to reupload all this content elsewhere. So maybe Nintendo wouldn’t want to invest into it.

If it’s not this, then it’s a feature that the switch 2 will take full advantage of that we can’t even think of atm.
Considering how that's worked out for basically every streaming service out there? (Read: it hasn't)

In all likelihood it's a game streaming service of some kind. Likely something analogous to PS Plus Premium with PS3 streaming or even Xbox Game Pass with its wide library of games, or maybe even access to exclusive demos and trials of major releases.

Regardless of what it is, it'll be about games since that's always been the focus of the Switch. If Nintendo had any plans of going full on multi-media, they'd likely do it with established partners like they have in the past with Universal and Illumination instead of doing things in-house.

Reactions: Z25

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
After a little testing of the Phillips CD-i inspired controller for Switch I got today, here are my thoughts so far:
  • The console allows you to button remap, unlike some other third-party controllers
  • It feels really great with Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore (as it should)
  • Yes, you can play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with it

Here's what the controller looks it like if you don't know

View attachment 395121
Phillips CD-I - Nintendo Switch Online

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_4840.jpeg

based on this alone, I’m starting to think everybody at Nintendo except Miyamoto (and Dedede) has a Zelda agenda going on

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently there’s a massive Pokémon leak happening. Not for newer titles, but for older ones. In a way it is similar to what happened with the infamous Nintendo leak.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Apparently there’s a massive Pokémon leak happening. Not for newer titles, but for older ones. In a way it is similar to what happened with the infamous Nintendo leak.
So you're saying there's a chance of another major prototype like the 1997 Gold/Silver one?

If so, sign me up!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So you're saying there's a chance of another major prototype like the 1997 Gold/Silver one?

If so, sign me up!
Right now, there’s nothing but word of mouth. I won’t be posting anything else regarding it but I think some may be lurking on the internet.

Edit: Apparently, this happened because of a hacking attempt.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If this gives us some more beta information then sweet. As long as no one’s getting dox this doesn’t really hurt people.

I want to see more of the gen 4 and 3 beta What Pokémon could have been cut?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Goten calling 18 a baddie and saying Future Trunks has no friends is a wild thing for him to say

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So update on those leaks, there’s actually several details relating to current and upcoming games. No massive spoilers here but some things that could be huge for the franchise going forward…

first off there is a completed build of ZA and they have some Gen 10 information but allegedly they won’t be sharing it.

Second, Gen 10 is switch 2 exclusive obviously/ the game code name is Gaia. The here’s also two versions title K and M.

Switch 2 is code named Ounces.

Lastly for now, ILLCA is making a new game and it’s seemingly a Pokemon MMO or a game where they are testing MMO features.

It’s code named Synapse

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So update on those leaks, there’s actually several details relating to current and upcoming games. No massive spoilers here but some things that could be huge for the franchise going forward…

first off there is a completed build of ZA and they have some Gen 10 information but allegedly they won’t be sharing it.

Second, Gen 10 is switch 2 exclusive obviously/ the game code name is Gaia. The here’s also two versions title K and M.

Switch 2 is code named Ounces.

Lastly for now, ILLCA is making a new game and it’s seemingly a Pokemon MMO or a game where they are testing MMO features.

It’s code named Synapse
Also, source codes and beta builds of HGSS & B2W2 are reported to be included.

Top Bottom