• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Isn't that required by the British Rule anyways? During the 8 days of mourning?

Anyways, that's another W for America.
Nah they're letting sports come back tomorrow too, just Nintendo being dumb when people can just watch the NA version which most people probably do anyway

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah they're letting sports come back tomorrow too, just Nintendo being dumb when people can just watch the NA version which most people probably do anyway
Probably Nintendo UK thinking their target audience is one that follows the royal family and not a bunch of impatient nerds who are the embodiment of the "You took my only food" meme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well...

Extremely pointless gesture when people can just watch other versions lmao
It wouldn't be the British empire if it wasn't pointless and inconvinient for the Irish tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
MARIO MOVIE TEASER OR BUST
About that:

they did use a movie camera emote here. It might not mean anything, but I hope it’s a good sign of that trailer.
Well...

Extremely pointless gesture when people can just watch other versions lmao
Lol I just saw this, the rest are all live streamed. Nintendo was like “eh I guess we got to do this”

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
they did use a movie camera emote here. It might not mean anything, but I hope it’s a good sign of that trailer.
Not a bad theory, but I think the movie camera emoji is most likely because directs themselves are filmed live.

That said I still think there's a good chance the Mario movie will at least be mentioned.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure what I'm hoping for when it comes to this Direct. While it's almost certainly not getting a winter release this year, I hope we get a title for the Breath of the Wild sequel, at least.

The main thing that I've wanted to see from the past few Directs is Bayonetta 3 news, but we just got that and the game comes out in a month and a half. I'd like to see a Ghosts 'n' Goblins: Resurrection style sequel for a game like Final Fight or Darkstalkers, though I doubt that will happen.

It would be nice if we got a release date for Advance Wars, given that the game is done, though I understand why they wouldn't.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Best case scenario is that the Mario Movie will have a 3 min teaser of what's coming. Perhaps a voice cameo of Charles at the end with a random character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not a bad theory, but I think the movie camera emoji is most likely because directs themselves are filmed live.

That said I still think there's a good chance the Mario movie will at least be mentioned.
This is likely the case, but I still hope we get some news regardless. Even a poster would be cool, but I want to hear those voices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Best case scenario is that the Mario Movie will have a 3 min teaser of what's coming. Perhaps a voice cameo of Charles at the end with a random character.
Honestly, Charles Martinet being relegated to cameos is pretty funny seeing as DBS Super Hero is one of the best performing movies in the US where Martinet played a rather major role in

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, Charles Martinet being relegated to cameos is pretty funny seeing as DBS Super Hero is one of the best performing movies in the US where Martinet played a rather major role in
Wait what? What role did he have in that movie?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't wait for tomorrow to come! If only the day would go by faster somehow...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It took a long time but finally, this place is starting to look like a real Smash Bros forum.
Unfortunetly I am a fake Smash Bros fan, since I actually play Smash Bros instead of complain about its roster.

No, the reason I hate Fire Emblem is because I am a Fire Emblem fan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I beat Forgotten Land’s main campaign. I’m only missing 4 Dees, all related to beating bosses without taking any damage. Not sure if I’m gonna be able to get them, they’re surprisingly tough.

Then there’s the isolated isles which I also have to tackle. Should be my next step.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The royals when they catch their kids watching the direct:
POV you are in England and were caught laughing or watching video game ads
Angry+british+police+noises+_33dba8bc8e943e7b10f56c58868345d5.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just had a thought guys; if this is an Direct, then where is the Director?

...Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Top Bottom