• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
People want news. I don’t blame them.
Nothing wrong with wanting to see the game. I’m in that same camp.

But if you go to an event that never claimed to be showing off the game, and then throw a hissy fit when they don’t do the thing they never said they would do, you need to reexamine your priorities.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Epcot thoughts:

World Showcase is one of the best Theme park experiences out there and is one of the reasons to go to Disney World.

What the **** happened to the artist formerly known as Future World? It lost its vibe and is now just confusing for everyone, I am not calling them "World Discovery" or "World Nature" or whatever. Not to mention how everything there is either perfect (The Entire Land Pavilion) Weird that it's here (Guardians of the Galaxy) or in some state of disrepair (Journey into imagination, Spaceship Earth) The Epcot overhaul really hurt this park and that is sad to see. It didn't have to be like this but they kept cutting projects.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Been making good progress on my video game backlog. They won't be the only games I'll be playing, but also I'm planning on playing a bunch of Horror and Survival Horror-themed games that I've yet to play starting in September in celebration of the spookiest month of the year and leading up to Halloween.

There are several Horror games that I've had for years that I've yet to play, and this is probably the best time to fix that.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
TBF Battle & Chase is just mega man stuff
Just use it as a template to bring other Capcom characters; like a Street Fighter character driving the car from the bonus stages of SFII, the Monsters Hunter Stories kid riding their baby Rathalos, the arleady-mentioned Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy and Dante in their motorcycles, etc.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Just use it as a template to bring other Capcom characters; like a Street Fighter character driving the car from the bonus stages of SFII, the Monsters Hunter Stories kid riding their baby Rathalos, the arleady-mentioned Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy and Dante in their motorcycles, etc.
I’ve never played Battle & Chase before. What platform was it on?

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
New Project Voltage artwork; “Fun Fun Trip” by CHRIS, ft. Electric Miku, Miku in her newest Magical Mirai design, Dragonite, and three Dedenne:

put Miku in Legends Z-A

Shroob

Sup?
Nothing wrong with wanting to see the game. I’m in that same camp.

But if you go to an event that never claimed to be showing off the game, and then throw a hissy fit when they don’t do the thing they never said they would do, you need to reexamine your priorities.
Could be worse

They could be

Smash fans

"No, guys, guys, like, for real. Even though Sakurai said that the August Direct revealed a lot and there wasn't much left, he was just trolling, guys. Believe in the Grinch! This is going to be the BIGGEREST DIRECT EVER!"

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just gonna quote this because out of context this is funneh.
That just describes everything about the Grinch leak.

I don't think anyone ever expected that either a legitimate or an extremely convincing fake leak of a Super Smash Bros. game would've ever involved the Grinch in some fashion.

Shroob

Sup?
That just describes everything about the Grinch leak.

I don't think anyone ever expected that either a legitimate or an extremely convincing fake leak of a Super Smash Bros. game would've ever involved the Grinch in some fashion.
The Grinch leak coulda been funni.

And to a degree, it still is.

But it really highlighted this community's problems of refusing to hype responsibly and thinking anyone saying to do such a thing was being a killjoy.

That, and treating Sakurai like he's some 5D god of trolling who's always leaving breadcrumbs and teases in everything he says.

Yeah, I like the guy, but the Sakurai worship got severely out of hand.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Could be worse

They could be

Smash fans

"No, guys, guys, like, for real. Even though Sakurai said that the August Direct revealed a lot and there wasn't much left, he was just trolling, guys. Believe in the Grinch! This is going to be the BIGGEREST DIRECT EVER!"
I wish the grinch leak was real. Some of those characters should have been in Ultimate.

Shroob

Sup?
I wish the grinch leak was real. Some of those characters should have been in Ultimate.
To a degree, I do wish it could have been real.

Removing the character aspect of the leak though, a part of me is glad it wasn't.

I feel like the leak hopefully taught people a valuable lesson to not blindly believe everything just you 'want' it to be real.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, yeah....

Come next Smash, we'll be doing this song and dance all over again.

This time with AI Art and AI voices.
Now if there's anything that I know about the Ultimate speculation, if it's real, you can tell.

That's how the Ken discussion lasted 10 seconds with everyone agreeing that it was real.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

Removing the character aspect of the leak though, a part of me is glad it wasn't.

I feel like the leak hopefully taught people a valuable lesson to not blindly believe everything just you 'want' it to be real.
I foolishly kinda supported that leak in a way, but I knew it was too good to be true, especially due to the characters in it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Grinch Leak really taught that well, but it really seems like once Smash Ultimate ended people went back to believing every single rumor they've ever read

Shroob

Sup?
I think the funniest thing about the Ken leak is it's like, the most legit photo leak since the ESRB leak and everyone was just like

1723857338045.png

Like, it's almost like people just kinda willingly accepted it.

And like, once the Best Buy demo confirmed the lighting and foot clip, then it basically was confirmed but like

There was such little pushback about that leak. It's almost like people were just willing to accept "Yep, that's Ken in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate."

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Day 26: Pangoro

I like how Pancham evolves by being around a bad influence, that’s pretty funny.

Doing it a little early tonight because I’m SLEEPY and I’m going to bed as soon as I post this holy ****
Underrated as hell, one of my all time favorite Fighting Types.

Top Bottom