• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

dezeray112

Smash Hero

OK this isn't exactly what I expected, but a live action film for SEGA's long forgotten fighting game Eternal Champions is in the works with Jurassic World and Detective Pikachu's Derek Conolly penned to write the story which will also involve Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Don Granger for production whilst Toru Nakahara was involved with the Sonic film adaptations is to be involved too.

EDIT: Also to add, Conolly is also involved with the writing for Nintendo's Legend of Zelda film.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Think you mixed up me and Jondolio, I'm the one playing 3R, she played Golden recently.
Oh yeah, my bad.

In my defense, everyone is suddenly playing Persona. Wasn't there another user who was posting about playing P4 recently?

Also oh my goooooood November in P3R
If it's any consolation, it gets worse.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also I saw the WIT design for Usopp and um...

He's just really, really lightskinned. Yeah, that's it.
To be fair it's just concept art and so far all the concept art is really desaturated, he probably won't look like that in the actual show (I hope)

How are you liking it compared to P3R so far?
What Gwen said, she's the one who played 3R and I'm the one who played 4 Golden.

Gameplay wise it's definitely an improvement but I think I still like 4's story and characters better. I do like Ryuji, Ann, and Sojiro so far, Kamoshida was a great heel and GOD this game made miss Tokyo from the moment I started it basically, but also Morgana is there so that brings the experience down slightly

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If it's any consolation, it gets worse.
Mmmm can't wait! Also made mad progress with my S Links, loads are maxed out and other than Lovers and Fortune, my ranks are at least 7
Sometimes I really wonder if anime fans know the definition of fat.

I mean I already know the answer but I never seen an artist get so much hate for drawing Nami with a bit of a tummy
Bro you know how bad it is? Uraraka is meant to be seen as chubby

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One Piece fans just don't know what real women look like
Ome Piece fans when a woman isn't hit with the de-ribinator (that means they're fat and ugly)
Bro you know how bad it is? Uraraka is meant to be seen as chubby
Tbf that's little hard to tell, she is a little larger with a rounder face than the other girls but still a bit skinny-ish (but then again all the girls are).

Though the anime made her skinnier so yeah thanks Bones.

Edit:
main-qimg-7a1f30282f80acdf59af76d3ce6880e4-lq.jpg

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also I saw the WIT design for Usopp and um...

He's just really, really lightskinned. Yeah, that's it.
I don't think I have ever seen an anime character as white as Wit Usopp, he is practically transparent

Even Truth from FMA is somehow not as white and they are literally colored white and live in a white void

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Been looking into cartoon lost media recently, cuz it’s my mission to have the largest internal archive of obscure animation possible.

It’s weird to think about all the time and effort that goes into these shows that just…disappear.
Internet Archive amd download away my friend.

But also put up a VPN so they don't send DMCAs to your ISP

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 393530
Yikes......not even close towards a month since its release and the Borderlands film will be made available to watch on digital platforms.
I'm gonna be real that has zero baring on quality, that's become standardized and why cinemas have been making less money these past few years, Matt Reeves' Batman had just come out here and after a few weeks there were already advertisements that you could watch it on HBO Max out on the streets

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ome Piece fans when a woman isn't hit with the de-ribinator (that means they're fat and ugly)

Tbf that's little hard to tell, she is a little larger with a rounder face than the other girls but still a bit skinny-ish (but then again all the girls are).

Though the anime made her skinnier so yeah thanks Bones.

Edit:View attachment 393526
…now I’m more confused over why some people are mad that adult Ochako is thicker (and not cucking Izuku)

Shroob

Sup?
Just realized that the upcoming Dragonite event has Hisuian Sliggo as spawns in the overworld.

Time to go hunting for a depressed snail.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s nice that a few of them are still there, and those being ones they kept is particularly nice (especially Gerald C. Rivers as Bison) but it still sucks that so many of them have been replaced.
Actually there’s more veterans who have their previous voices compared ones who’ve been recasted, about 9 to 7. Ryu, Cammy, Juri, E. Honda, Zangief, Rashid, Bison, Ed and Luke all kept their previous VAs. I can’t blame some of the recasts like Travis and Laura focusing on higher profile roles and maybe might be best not to discuss Reuben

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did the spirits added this year ever get added to the regular rotation? I was thinking about jumping in and grabbing them

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Actually there’s more veterans who have their previous voices compared ones who’ve been recasted, about 9 to 7. Ryu, Cammy, Juri, E. Honda, Zangief, Rashid, Bison, Ed and Luke all kept their previous VAs. I can’t blame some of the recasts like Travis and Laura focusing on higher profile roles and maybe might be best not to discuss Reuben
For Travis and Laura it just reads like cheapness. Like Capcom didn't want to pay them enough now that they're bigger names. And why recast Blanka, Dee Jay, Dhalsim, and Akuma? I mean, I'm grateful they recast Akuma because I hate Richard Epcar's voice, but what happened to his VA from SF4, SFxT and UMvC3?

Also Luke doesn't count. He sucks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair it's just concept art and so far all the concept art is really desaturated, he probably won't look like that in the actual show (I hope)
Just thought about this, but for a group of people who travel out in the bright sun and tropical environments all day everyday, you would think they would be a lot more tan/darker. Tbh Toei got it right pre-timeskip and then idk the sun works in reverse now.

Top Bottom