• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Finally got up the nerve to play SF6 and I started with World Tour mode because I gotta know the story, even if I’m not a fan of how they chose to tell it this time.

So far I’m 7 chapters in to what I know is supposed to be a 15 chapter story and it feels like barely anything has happened. I’ve met a lot of the games characters and absorbed their powers like Kevin 11, but as far as what the games actual story is… there’s a tournament that has shadowy backers… for this far in I feel like they should have set up more than that. Like that’s standard Street Fighter stuff.

And like, it’s only fun because street fighter is fun. Because engaging with these fighting mechanics is inherently fun. The open world and avatar focused gameplay hasn’t really been enhancing my experience. At least in SFV actual plot happened for its entire duration and it was focused on the actual iconic cast of characters instead of these randomly generated custom yobbos I’ve been fighting.

And I get that part of it is you’re supposed to build up your bond with these characters to get to know them better but I do not have the patience to engage with this system for however long that’s going to take. Like I think my highest bond is with Chun-Li and I have no idea how I got that to happen. And even then I only filled up one of the five little circles that signify bond level.

I still can’t believe that this is what people have been praising as the best fighting game single player campaign ever when it’s so… nothing. If it weren’t for the fact that I needed to know the storyline and nobody has summerized it online, I don’t know if I’d even finish it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Page 2222 everybody!
Finally got up the nerve to play SF6 and I started with World Tour mode because I gotta know the story, even if I’m not a fan of how they chose to tell it this time.

So far I’m 7 chapters in to what I know is supposed to be a 15 chapter story and it feels like barely anything has happened. I’ve met a lot of the games characters and absorbed their powers like Kevin 11, but as far as what the games actual story is… there’s a tournament that has shadowy backers… for this far in I feel like they should have set up more than that. Like that’s standard Street Fighter stuff.

And like, it’s only fun because street fighter is fun. Because engaging with these fighting mechanics is inherently fun. The open world and avatar focused gameplay hasn’t really been enhancing my experience. At least in SFV actual plot happened for its entire duration and it was focused on the actual iconic cast of characters instead of these randomly generated custom yobbos I’ve been fighting.

And I get that part of it is you’re supposed to build up your bond with these characters to get to know them better but I do not have the patience to engage with this system for however long that’s going to take. Like I think my highest bond is with Chun-Li and I have no idea how I got that to happen. And even then I only filled up one of the five little circles that signify bond level.

I still can’t believe that this is what people have been praising as the best fighting game single player campaign ever when it’s so… nothing. If it weren’t for the fact that I needed to know the storyline and nobody has summerized it online, I don’t know if I’d even finish it.
Most people like it
Except for Snake

It must be good then :4pacman:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Gogoat is a Pokemon we owe a lot to. GF wouldn't have gotten the idea to springboard to the gloriously fun Ride Pokemon in gen VII if not for this grass goat that started it all.

Not only is it mad fun to ride around, Gogoat also has a super-majestic design that adds to its appeal, at least in my Gen VI-biased opinion. And its shiny is mad classy.

Plus I watch MandJTV, so yeah Gogoat is a certified Kalos classic for me
Remember when Geeta thought it’d be a good idea to put it on her Champion team?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Studio Wit Usopp
View attachment 393475
This is all I've seen which is funny as **** cause Wit is the Dutch word for White
You know what that's fair, I do hope they make Usopp darker skinned in the actual show since this is just concept art.

I genuinely encourage you to check out the video they posted regarding production though cause it genuinely sounds really ****ing promising

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They were fighting but yeah, it was shot like one.

Now if your vid ended up as a full blown sex scene then yeah you saw the wrong movie
The way that scene was shot was amazing. Absolute the cinema that captures both of their personalities perfectly
Studio Wit Usopp

hnf4ijp1b3e21.png

This is all I've seen which is funny as **** cause Wit is the Dutch word for White
They keep De*****fying my ***** Usopp, maaan

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No presents was announced this week.

If worlds has nothing, then I hope you all are ready to wait till February after the Switch 2 reveal to see gameplay for the first time for legends Z-A

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Screenshot 2024-08-16 052556.png

This is just greedy and unfair.

There goes the chance of having someone like Venom, Carnage, Kraven, Morbius, or any other Spider-Man bad guy.

Y'all not getting to see them in Marvel's universe.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They still haven’t done Spider-Man’s first villain. Not The Vulture, but The Chameleon

1723752109958.png

His first plot was dressing up as Spiderman to do crime. That’s pretty incriminating against a Spiderman whose real identity has just been erased from everyone’s minds, meaning whoever reveals themselves as Spiderman first would get all the credit for heroism, or Peter reveals himself while unaware that he’s being defamed.

There goes the chance of having someone like Venom, Carnage, Kraven, Morbius, or any other Spider-Man bad guy.

Venom is staying because Sony Eddie Brock was sent to MCU and back, and apparently left a piece of the symbiote behind

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly the fact that Marvel can't use Spider-Man as they please is another nail in the coffin for my interest in the MCU. I'll admit that this one is at least not their fault but also I'm fine with Sony having the Spidey license because they're making Spider-Verse

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 393476
This is just greedy and unfair.

ignoring No Way Home of course since special occasion…tho in Venom’s case he’s a good boy. Bright side is that this setup actually makes them upgrade other Spider-Man villains into the bigger spotlight

inb4 all those SSU and Spider-Verse characters appear in Secret Wars

Top Bottom