• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok I'm three hours into P5. I knew this game was gonna start slow but MAN I had no idea. Like it makes the beginning of P4 look quick.

I'm liking it so far but I think should probably stop comparing it to 4 in my head cause I think that will just detract from my enjoyment

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dead space 2 was a wild ride for sure. Definitely prefer the first, but it's still something I would put on a top 10 of my favorite games.
I personally prefer DS2 for its excellent pacing throughout and the amazing set pieces but the first game isn't behind by much. Absolutely fantastic games.

Don't know if you're also planning to play DS3 but I personally think it's still fun despite it not living up to what came before. The story is really dumb tho.

Ok I'm three hours into P5. I knew this game was gonna start slow but MAN I had no idea. Like it makes the beginning of P4 look quick.

I'm liking it so far but I think should probably stop comparing it to 4 in my head cause I think that will just detract from my enjoyment
Yeah, it's a bit of a slog.

It certainly doesn't help that the game teases you with that dope opening sequence only for it to be followed by four hours of exposition and tutorials.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Don't know if you're also planning to play DS3 but I personally think it's still fun despite it not living up to what came before. The story is really dumb tho.
I'll get it when it goes on sale, it'll be a fun action shooter even though both the story and horror are... extremely lacking.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Despite the different length and size of the games, the gameplay and the story by the end of it all is worth the slow pace to ease you into things (also Kamoshida)
Everyone in this thread is over 18

We could’ve had fairy godparents and we wouldn’t even remember
nah I’d be the secret ending Timmy Turner who’d keep his fairies even as an adult (and not have to go through the Drake Bell route…or that other ******)…and maybe be blessed with Yuri Lowenthal’s voice

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Everyone in this thread is over 18

We could’ve had fairy godparents and we wouldn’t even remember
Aren't there exceptions to getting your fairies taken if you're a manchild? Which means none of us ever had fairies

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have reached the point of One Piece to where I remember absolutely nothing and will likely end up liking Yamato either equally to or more than Zoro (and Usopp cause he still fun)

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
For my Splatoon enjoyers, where are you leaning on with the final fest?

Past? Present? Future?
I'm honestly on team Present. Yeah it makes me seem like someone who Doesn't Like Change, but I much prefer sticking with the current Splatoon timeline, seeing the adventures of our favorite idols and Callie, exploring where the story could go next after S3's story mode, etc.

But of course Shiver is gonna win, so we're off to the past for Splatoon 4 looks like :dkmelee:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm honestly on team Present. Yeah it makes me seem like someone who Doesn't Like Change, but I much prefer sticking with the current Splatoon timeline, seeing the adventures of our favorite idols and Callie, exploring where the story could go next after S3's story mode, etc.

But of course Shiver is gonna win, so we're off to the past for Splatoon 4 looks like :dkmelee:
Actually the Splatfest topics are split by Idol Groups this time.

The Squid Sisters are repping Past, Off the Hook for Present, and Deep Cut reps Future.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Was able to somehow get on Tiana's Bayou Adventure (The ride formerly known as Splash Mountain)

Same ride, new theme exactly what I thought, but with the new theme the vibes were absolutely immaculate and I was bouncing along to the music the whole time. The new animatronics were all spectacular and really helped with the overall movement of the ride. Unfortunately the ride still has the same cycling problems with cars piling up and bumping so I don't know why they went with the sensors they did for the show scenes.

The biggest issue is the reliability, it was down all day, and I was only able to ride it at night, I don't know why it has been breaking down so much, there aren't as many moving parts as ROTR which had similar problems. If I had to guess though it is because of the animatronics and the aforementioned sensors.

Overall, good ride 👍

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 24: Gogoat

The original ride Pokemon
Gogoat is a Pokemon we owe a lot to. GF wouldn't have gotten the idea to springboard to the gloriously fun Ride Pokemon in gen VII if not for this grass goat that started it all.

Not only is it mad fun to ride around, Gogoat also has a super-majestic design that adds to its appeal, at least in my Gen VI-biased opinion. And its shiny is mad classy.

Plus I watch MandJTV, so yeah Gogoat is a certified Kalos classic for me

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gogoat is a Pokemon we owe a lot to. GF wouldn't have gotten the idea to springboard to the gloriously fun Ride Pokemon in gen VII if not for this grass goat that started it all.

Not only is it mad fun to ride around, Gogoat also has a super-majestic design that adds to its appeal, at least in my Gen VI-biased opinion. And its shiny is mad classy.

Plus I watch MandJTV, so yeah Gogoat is a certified Kalos classic for me
Fun fact, Gogoat's shiny was actually changed during the development of XY.

In a prerelease video we see a shiny Gogoat, which looks like this.

But by the time XY released shiny Gogoat looked like this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh I finally hit the new content in SMTVV with the new Nahobino form and what is this absurdity, he gets a unique Magatsuhi skill that lets him attack 4 times in a single press turn and if you used Charge before doing this, it applies to all 4. That's ****ing ludicrous

Top Bottom