• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'd be hyped for it but it'd be weird branding choice to call it Smash - that's a whole different game
It still plays like smash and the Nintendo characters have the same movesets they usually do.

People will argue about if it’s a spin-off or smash 6 for years and never get an answer.

They did it to set a completely different expectation from their audience right out the gate so they aren’t expecting another Ultimate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It still plays like smash and the Nintendo characters have the same movesets they usually do.

People will argue about if it’s a spin-off or smash 6 for years and never get an answer.

They did it to set a completely different expectation from their audience right out the gate so they aren’t expecting another Ultimate.
Okay, so... what is it called? I doubt SEGA would be okay with lending half of the roster to Nintendo without a name in the title. "Super Smash Bros but We Only Have SEGA This Time but Don't Worry, Sonic Brought A Lot of Friends This Time (Sorry, They are not All from Sonic)"?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oof Borderlands is apparently getting some pretty bad reviews. 3/10 on IGN, 5.2 on IMDB. Debuted with a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes!?

Damn man... I wonder what went wrong...

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One of my best friends is a Borderlands fan (I actually played a bit of the second game with him a few weeks ago) and he said the trailer looked like ****. Guess he was right

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The next batch of Fortnite reveals will be at D23.

As a bonus, watching the event through Fortnite gives you this in game item to wear on your back. The item is not exclusive to the event and can be bought at a later date:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you ask me the curse came back with the FNAF movie but don't tell the fans that.
Are you telling me movies have to stand out on their own instead of just implying more interesting things than what we see? That's it, I'm calling the cops

For real most video game adaptations suck just cause people making them don't really care when there's good **** on the table. Like, there's a Streets of Rage movie in the making and just make it like a tribute to 80s action cop flicks like Kung Fury but with good fighting choreography with extra pizzaz, I can see a scene where Axel and Blaze just walk into a street while Go Straight plays and they beat up like 50 dudes at once

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Are you telling me movies have to stand out on their own instead of just implying more interesting things than what we see? That's it, I'm calling the cops

For real most video game adaptations suck just cause people making them don't really care when there's good **** on the table. Like, there's a Streets of Rage movie in the making and just make it like a tribute to 80s action cop flicks like Kung Fury but with good fighting choreography with extra pizzaz, I can see a scene where Axel and Blaze just walk into a street while Go Straight plays and they beat up like 50 dudes at once
I mean when the games itself don't have much of a plot, it is kinda of a tough task to stretch it out to two hours. At the same time though, you have to fill it with what fans want to see and still have a plot that's game universe accurate, with extra cinematics to fit the big screen. A lot of adaptations fail because they can't do either, like FNAF being an hour and forty and yet the animatronics where there for like 10 minutes and Springtrap/William after only being there for like 3 minutes total.

And of course there's the case of them just not being good movies in general, aka the writing/acting/production work is bad, etc.

Though Borderlands sucking ass may be accu-oh wait you already made that joke.

Shroob

Sup?
Borderlands had a plot? It wasn't just a 4 player co-op game where you killed **** and got shiny loot?

I'm only half joking. I dead ass don't remember anything about Borderlands 1's plot and I vaguely remember Handsome Jack for 2 but that's it.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've played Borderlands 2 for like an hour and all I remember is Handsome Jack. I don't have an audio device for my PC so I was barely able to hear the dialogue, all I know is that I want to drop Claptrap into a pool of lava

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A part of D23 will be streamed exclusively in Fortnite and you can get a free Backbling by watching it.

So I know it is probably for the already announced Disney and Epic Games collaboration, and also the rumored next Battle Pass being a Marvel theme

but also Josh D'Amaro is going to be there, and it would be really funny if Disney adds Fortnite to the parks.

Borderlands had a plot? It wasn't just a 4 player co-op game where you killed **** and got shiny loot?

I'm only half joking. I dead ass don't remember anything about Borderlands 1's plot and I vaguely remember Handsome Jack for 2 but that's it.
The fact that the killing **** and getting Shiny Loot was so fun is why people were willing to deal with Borderlands writing in the first place

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 17: Vivillon

I like how the 666th Pokemon is a cute little mariposa : )

I mean they were never gonna make a satan Pokemon, but still :nifty:
Hey now, anyone who's grown up with Spongebob knows that butterflies are the devil.

Anyway I think Vivillon has one of the very coolest designs of the early-game bugs, and I say this as a Beautifly nut. Plus it has the glory that is Quiver Dance.

I hate spelling its name though lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In “why WB” news, the Cartoon Network site no longer works and now redirects to the Cartoon Network section on Max.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You 100% need to stay away from the gacha

But Arven tho

Last time I went into a gacha game and was rolling specifically for one character it was for Fire Emblem Heroes and I was rolling right away for Niles and I got him on my first roll so maybe my luck will transfer the Pokemon Master

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pump will not survive the Miles Edgeworth(Limited)(Summer)(SSR) banner
She will take out a life insirance policy for the Pheonix and Miles potentially queer summer skin (2026 Pride Month Exclusive)(Gold)
Add on a Herlock Sholmes and Inspector Gregson valentines day skin and you got a deal

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Last time I went into a gacha game and was rolling specifically for one character it was for Fire Emblem Heroes and I was rolling right away for Niles and I got him on my first roll so maybe my luck will transfer the Pokemon Master
Oh no

She's far too gone

They kiss but like, platonically.

It's a friendly kiss.
History says they were very good friends. Just bros being bros, ya know?

Top Bottom