• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Now I'm curious - if the Deadly Six got their own game, do you think it'd be in the style of Sonic Adventure where each member of the Six had their own storyline with a Last Story, or a sequential affair where every member of the Six got a few levels like the two main stories in Sonic Adventure 2?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Andre from gameplain is letting Trish and Joey go, because I guess actually paying workers for once is also too hard then not paying them:
History repeats itself.
Hopefully those two will find new jobs.
Maybe at Good Vibes Gaming?

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now I'm curious - if the Deadly Six got their own game, do you think it'd be in the style of Sonic Adventure where each member of the Six had their own storyline with a Last Story, or a sequential affair where every member of the Six got a few levels like the two main stories in Sonic Adventure 2?
First person shooter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A Pokémon Sleep trailer just came out.

My hopes for a Presents this month are dwindling.
If we don’t have a presents or any announcement at worlds next week,

Then we are not seeing this getting the rest of the year. Get ready for the November 2025 release date.

Because Gamefreak presumably woke up and realized they can make even more money if they starve fans of content and make a good and function game, rather than rushing one out.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
just played the Five Laps at Freddy's Demo... man I hope they fix the controls because it is really hard to stay on the track and unless you use the battery power boost mechanic you will not get enough speed to do well. And considering loosing your battery makes you shift into the more dangerous night shift mode... can you blame me for wanting to conserve it? Please make the game better before launch!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Doctor Strange

This stretch of movies from Ant-man to Shang-chi really were all bangers huh? (You could probably even go back to Winter Soldier, but there is a Age Of Ultron shaped bump in that road.)

But yeah this is another good one, some of the most visually interesting sequences in this entire franchise are in this movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was a great choice for Doctor Strange, and this movie introduces the best character, Wong. Kaecillius was an underwhelming villain, the fact that he was played by Mads Mikkelsen makes him more interesting on principal, I also wasn't a big fan of this version of Dormammu, but "Dormammu I've come to bargain" is simply iconic. I think they could have had Mads play a more comic accurate version of Dormammu, having Mads Mikkelsen doing **** like this would have been more interesting than anything here.

Shame about the sequel though, they absolutely wasted Sam Raimi on that script.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I think whatever it’s like, you’ed be the one making it.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rewatched Doctor Strange

This stretch of movies from Ant-man to Shang-chi really were all bangers huh? (You could probably even go back to Winter Soldier, but there is a Age Of Ultron shaped bump in that road.)

But yeah this is another good one, some of the most visually interesting sequences in this entire franchise are in this movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was a great choice for Doctor Strange, and this movie introduces the best character, Wong. Kaecillius was an underwhelming villain, the fact that he was played by Mads Mikkelsen makes him more interesting on principal, I also wasn't a big fan of this version of Dormammu, but "Dormammu I've come to bargain" is simply iconic. I think they could have had Mads play a more comic accurate version of Dormammu, having Mads Mikkelsen doing **** like this would have been more interesting than anything here.

Shame about the sequel though, they absolutely wasted Sam Raimi on that script.
you’re the first person I’ve seen call Captain Marvel and Black Widow bangers

cashregister9

Smash Hero
you’re the first person I’ve seen call Captain Marvel and Black Widow bangers
I haven't rewatched them in a bit, so my current opinion could change but both of them while not the best, I still quite enjoyed them, I enjoyed them more than I enjoyed some other movies, they are bangers by comparison

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Andre from gameplain is letting Trish and Joey go, because I guess actually paying workers for once is also too hard then not paying them:
I was just looking at the channel the other day and thinking
"Ain't no way they're all working full time and making a living off of viewcounts like that."

I'd like to give André the benefit of the doubt this time, but I'm just gonna wait and see what those two have to say.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WARNING: AUTISTIC WOMAN WITH A SPECIAP INTEREST IN SONIC IS ABOUT TO BE NERDY AS HELL
You guys think the next 3D Sonic game will be like Frontiers, or will it go in an other direction?
Iizuka said he wants the Open Zone formula to be a big thing for the series like the Adventure formula and seeing as Frontiers os the best selling game the series has seen in over 20 years and Sonadow Gens using it as a base for the new context with new Open Zone stuff, it's here to stay
And can we ditch the melancholy tone? It was an interesting one time experiment but it’s not what I come to Sonic for. Give me bright colors and bouncy music.
Iirc this was also said to be the case with the game's main thing being mystery so chances are we'll see it used for more traditional Sonic scenery, Sonadow Gens seems to be kinda doing that too, not to mention that Frontiers' music direction also allows for bouncy music, see the Action Chain Challenge music
God, I love this song, it's about as good as the Spin Dash you unlock by doing these lmao
And dear God, we need to keep Flynn away from making references. I don't care that this random tree made you think of Big the Cat, Sonic. Damn.

Okay, maybe I do care a bit if it's about Big.
Tbh I'm not sure I agree, like 99% of the references to past games were from dialogue that only sometimes plays or the Egg Memos, the main story itself had like what, 4 references including the joke Sonic makes about his end goal? Ian Flynn always sprinkled a bit of continuity and love for the series' past but we get 2 flashbacks to older games and suddenly everyone turns on him, people loved it when he made an issue of Archie Sonic's story follow Pumpkin Hill's lyrics beat for beat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Btw when it comes to Sonic referencing the series' past, this is the flirting to "It's been GENERATIONS since I've seen you!"'s harassment
haha-nice-idw-v0-vzz9rjwt3xxc1.jpeg

Just a little sweet moment which sounds natural to people who don't get the reference, idk if Flynn wrote this or not cause IDW Sonic has multiple writers but it's pretty much the standard for giving a nod to something

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I'm going to say that thing no one wants to say.

Garfield Kart is better than 5 Laps at Freddy's.

And no, I'm not joking, I'm dead serious. This game feels not good to play.
I haven't played Garfield Kart, but I just tried the Five Laps demo and yeah, it's cool imo but the drifting sucks (and maybe moving and steering in general is a little weird).

I like the references I've seen, though:
Exotic Butters is one of the items, it lays a slippery trap (basically a banana peel with larger range). There's also a bomb item, which is based on one of the bomb bytes you can buy in FNAF World. Finally, one of the racetracks is Midnight Motorist from Pizzeria Simulator.

also the game crashed with a "fatal error" or something while I was playing
Flowey (bruh)2.png

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tbh I'm not sure I agree, like 99% of the references to past games were from dialogue that only sometimes plays or the Egg Memos, the main story itself had like what, 4 references including the joke Sonic makes about his end goal? Ian Flynn always sprinkled a bit of continuity and love for the series' past but we get 2 flashbacks to older games and suddenly everyone turns on him, people loved it when he made an issue of Archie Sonic's story follow Pumpkin Hill's lyrics beat for beat.
I honestly think people think turned on the references in part because videos that were just compilations of all the references were being shared and posted, so hearing all of them in a row gave people the wrong impression. Obviously that is not the only reason, but it might have played a part, especially for people who didn't play Frontiers

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You are now in charge of the first ever Deadly Six fangame.
Crap I better get to finding my funding!

In all seriousness, one of my past ideas was a very, very Spyro-inspired 3D platformer featuring Zeena as the central character. She could run around, throw snowballs, and spin her tail like a helicopter to slow her descent in a similar style to Conker the squirrel. And in the fashion of Year of the Dragon, there were other playable characters like a chill dingo, a war general eagle, an intelligent jackal (who even scuffles with Infinite at one point) and a crazy centaur. Also, Zavok flew around in a fighter jet at one point.

Other D6-centric ideas included a second Sonic Chronicles game that eschewed the RPG formula in favor of a Mystery Dungeon gameplay style, where the Deadly Six formed a legendary team of explorers and Amy wanted to be just like them, leading to a whole lot of conflict between her and Sonic when she becomes best friends with Zeena.

But many of my ideas these days involve the Deadly Six running around fighting off aliens that invade the Lost Hex.

In general my main D6 game ideas tend to be 3D platformers that, rather than the typical Sonic fast-paced-ness, go for a more traditional open-world style much like the Spyro games. (You can tell I grew up with Spyro, right?)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Crap I better get to finding my funding!

In all seriousness, one of my past ideas was a very, very Spyro-inspired 3D platformer featuring Zeena as the central character. She could run around, throw snowballs, and spin her tail like a helicopter to slow her descent in a similar style to Conker the squirrel. And in the fashion of Year of the Dragon, there were other playable characters like a chill dingo, a war general eagle, an intelligent jackal (who even scuffles with Infinite at one point) and a crazy centaur. Also, Zavok flew around in a fighter jet at one point.

Other D6-centric ideas included a second Sonic Chronicles game that eschewed the RPG formula in favor of a Mystery Dungeon gameplay style, where the Deadly Six formed a legendary team of explorers and Amy wanted to be just like them, leading to a whole lot of conflict between her and Sonic when she becomes best friends with Zeena.

But many of my ideas these days involve the Deadly Six running around fighting off aliens that invade the Lost Hex.

In general my main D6 game ideas tend to be 3D platformers that, rather than the typical Sonic fast-paced-ness, go for a more traditional open-world style much like the Spyro games. (You can tell I grew up with Spyro, right?)
If you have a computer and a will to learn, you can make a game. You don’t need a budget. Follow your dreams.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the lack of Casey Jones and the rise of black April must be studied (bring to me a Latina April next please)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I honestly think people think turned on the references in part because videos that were just compilations of all the references were being shared and posted, so hearing all of them in a row gave people the wrong impression. Obviously that is not the only reason, but it might have played a part, especially for people who didn't play Frontiers
So it's Sonic fans being dishonest as usual, gotcha. Also seeing more people yell about the MHA ending and I have come to the conclusion they simply heard about it from others who also didn't read it cause a lot of stuff are just. Wrong lmao

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I watched Tarot and went into the film with an open mind.

I'm a pretty big fan of the horror genre and for the most part, I legit fail to see why this movie failed critically. It's not peak horror, but like, this is the film that got so many negative reviews?

I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't know much about Tarot Cards (despite seeing them be used in a number of horror films up to this point) or because I don't mind the typical story structure of "X amount of friends go a haunted place and get attacked by some entity" format, but even in the latter case there's still a pretty decent number of modern horror films that have that same basic format that have seen much higher success. I guess this is just a case where I'll have to heavily disagree with the mostly negative reviews.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How in the **** did the Plankton movie manage to get leaked out? Matter of fact…how is this the 2nd time a SpongeBob movie got leaked out this year (and why wasn’t it the Batgirl or Coyote vs ACME movie)?
Mexico text
Like Shadow and I, everyone should love latinas

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Your reaction if: the next smash is a Nintendo vs. SEGA themed game with half of its roster coming from each company.
Just have it be NvS instead cause otherwise people'll be upset about the loss of the Capcom lads, the Square boys, the Konami dudes, the Microsoft homies and Sora. Not to mention it's weird as hell seeing as feasibly speaking, it's an unnecessarily large task cause that means over half the roster would be new **** entirely

Top Bottom