• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite Battle Pass update:

Future Battle Passes may have their items come to the shop after 18 months. I'm not sure which pass this will begin with, but I assume it will be the one releasing August 16th.

Edit: This only affects new passes. Sadly, older pass characters such as Peter Griffin and Korra will remain exclusive unless they get a new version released into the shop.

On another Fortnite note, last night they put an outfit called The Paradigm into the item shop. The last time this outfit was available is 2019. After 1 hour they removed the item from the shop and mentioned anyone who bought the character would have her removed and refunded as the outfit was exclusive to an event from the aforementioned year. Due to heavy backlash, they reversed course. Anyone who bought the outfit last night keeps her and will get a refund. Those who nabbed her in 2019 will get a special variant as the outfit was marketed as exclusive.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How bad is it that me and my sister activly love that LTG KyS now meme
I actively love that meme too, it's genuinely funny
That's the only good thing to come from LTG tbf.
There's one other clip from him that I really like
He was probably just putting on appearances here but this clip still made me laugh when I first came across it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hate that my parents are seperated because if i dont go over to visit my moms at least once a week, im filled with guilt...

Plus the stress of being the only sibling around that can take care of them is something goes wrong because my big sister is in a whole different city. And my dad wonders why I started graying at 20

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Game Freak and TPC while developing the next mainline game and it's riddled with glitches and running at 10 FPS:

View attachment 393264
I swear I see a new video or more saying that the Mr. Beast situation has gotten worse at least every other day these past two weeks.

I don't even watch the guy but that ain't a good sign.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I swear I see a new video or more saying that the Mr. Beast situation has gotten worse at least every other day these past two weeks.

I don't even watch the guy but that ain't a good sign.
I kind of wonder if this is a cover-up for him running out of money. With him having hundreds of videos where he does ridiculously expensive stuff (I don't watch them either, but I still know he does all those $100 million challenges or whatever), it was bound to happen soon.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Andre from gameplain is letting Trish and Joey go, because I guess actually paying workers for once is also too hard then not paying them:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You guys think the next 3D Sonic game will be like Frontiers, or will it go in an other direction?
IIRC, a Frontiers sequel is already happening but that could also just be a rumor. We do know that the open zone style is being used for the hub stages in Shadow Generations at least, so maybe it's here to stay for a while.

I just want them to refine the movement and give us some actual Sonic locations to run around in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IIRC, a Frontiers sequel is already happening but that could also just be a rumor. We do know that the open zone style is being used for the hub stages in Shadow Generations at least, so maybe it's here to stay for a while.

I just want them to refine the movement and give us some actual Sonic locations to run around in.
If they keep this format they definitely need to refine the gameplay. And the world can’t just be “We saw BOTW and decided to do that but with the fast rat instead”

And can we ditch the melancholy tone? It was an interesting one time experiment but it’s not what I come to Sonic for. Give me bright colors and bouncy music.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You guys think the next 3D Sonic game will be like Frontiers, or will it go in an other direction?
I would love to see another game in the Adventure style with a Lost World-inspired plot and level lineup. And like you said, I'd also love a return to the brighter colors and happier music of pre-Forces titles (part of the reason I love Lost World as much as I do is because I find it to be an incredibly uplifting game that makes me happy when I think about it).

That or maybe a remastered trilogy of Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes in the style of Spyro Reignited Trilogy, that would go unbelievably hard.

And a spinoff title for the Deadly Six. Look I'm pretty sure Zeena might be my new favorite fictional character now, I'd feel empty inside if I didn't mention the D6 at least once in a Sonic-related post.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If they keep this format they definitely need to refine the gameplay. And the world can’t just be “We saw BOTW and decided to do that but with the fast rat instead”

And can we ditch the melancholy tone? It was an interesting one time experiment but it’s not what I come to Sonic for. Give me bright colors and bouncy music.
And dear God, we need to keep Flynn away from making references. I don't care that this random tree made you think of Big the Cat, Sonic. Damn.

Okay, maybe I do care a bit if it's about Big.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And dear God, we need to keep Flynn away from making references. I don't care that this random tree made you think of Big the Cat, Sonic. Damn.

Okay, maybe I do care a bit if it's about Big.
This post reminds me of Mushroom Hill Zone!

A Pokémon Sleep trailer just came out.

My hopes for a Presents this month are dwindling.
Pokémon Day 2025 it is :4pacman:

It’s probably better this way. We need this game to be good.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There still is TCG Pocket, seemingly the company's biggest thing for 2024.
Seems like they’re really slowing down production, at least a little.

I think after S/V’s release some higher up from Nintendo came down and asked them wtf they were doing. Pokémon is big enough that they could get away with one buggy release, but more than one and they’d be in real trouble.

I really hope they’re getting things back on track.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I offhandedly mentioned in my kickboxing class to another student that I got into martial arts because I played Street Fighter, Punch-Out, and Tekken. Then after class she had me write them down so she can give the games to her son.

On one hand, I hope the kid has fun. On the other hand, I hate being an adult!

Shroob

Sup?
I offhandedly mentioned in my kickboxing class to another student that I got into martial arts because I played Street Fighter, Punch-Out, and Tekken. Then after class she had me write them down so she can give the games to her son.

On one hand, I hope the kid has fun. On the other hand, I hate being an adult!
We're old, Snake.

We're old.

Top Bottom