• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Wii U flopped so hard it’s got people worrying about the ****ing name of the next system.

And I still don’t believe that the name was the reason it failed. For that to be true, the average person would have to be a complete idiots.

The Xbox 360 didn’t confuse people. Not the Xbox One or the series X. Heck, remember the Suoer Nintendo? Why didn’t people think that was just an upgrade for your nes? It wasn’t called the nes 2 after all. Or how about the 3DS. All of these avoided the Wii U’s state of failure despite having the exact same type of name. So stop it with this narrative.
At no point did I say the name alone was the reason the Wii U flopped. I just said the name was bad, and not even in the same post you quoted, here.

I'm not sure why you're using my first post about it today as a jumping point for your argument when all I said was "I hope it's not a repeat of the Wii U" without even mentioning that the name might have been an issue in said post.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At no point did I say the name alone was the reason the Wii U flopped. I just said the name was bad, and not even in the same post you quoted, here.

I'm not sure why you're using my first post about it today as a jumping point for your argument when all I said was "I hope it's not a repeat of the Wii U" without even mentioning that the name might have been an issue in said post.
... i'm sorry your post made me think of the whole Wii U name thing...

Noipoi

Howdy!
IMO Xbox 720 and Xbox 1080 are really dumb sounding names
Absolutely, but it would've gotten the point across much better than Xbox One. Which had a lot of people scratching their heads and wondering if they were remaking the original system or something.

The Xbox One did end up doing well, unlike the Wii U. But the point is a system doesn't need a super cool ultra snappy name, just a name that makes it clear what it's about and doesn't confuse the average customer. Who pays zero attention to video games except for when it's time to get little billy a christmas present.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The logo itself isn’t bad but I question the use of that font and the stretching is a weird touch
to represent Skydance
I said it before, and I'll say it again. New logos are almost always ****.

But this one, eh... it's not the worst.
yeah it’s at least still recognizable
Wait a minute, that's just the font used for Smash Bros Ultimate.
people started up animating the logo to be the Ultimate intro
You'd be back at degree zero
and they couldn’t even bother to call the current one Zero (would’ve been a great way to warn people who bought on the amount of games they can play)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Toy Story 🤝 Shrek

Franchises with an amazing first 2 movies (With the second one being the best), a fourth movie that is just okay, and a fifth movie releasing in 2026
The quality difference between the third movies cannot be understated

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm watching someone play Visage because if I played it, I would **** myself. This game isn't new by any extent but it's still one of the few scary games I refuse to play. The intro alone makes me turn the game off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You'd be back at degree zero
Xbox Zero
to represent Skydance

yeah it’s at least still recognizable

people started up animating the logo to be the Ultimate intro

and they couldn’t even bother to call the current one Zero (would’ve been a great way to warn people who bought on the amount of games they can play)
What IPs does Skydance own anyway? How does this expand the paramount pantheon?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Between the absolute peak that was The Last Wish and the floundering mediocrity that was Kung Fu Panda 4, I have really no idea how this one is gonna go.
These days, DreamWorks sequel quality is inversely proportional to demand (see also: Megamimd 2).

Home 2 is gonna go nuts

Noipoi

Howdy!
It was funny by modern Spongebob standards for sure.

But, I think they beat the joke into the ground a bit lol. They screamed MY LEG well over like, 70 times in one episode lol.
A lot of modern Spongebob is referencing classic Spongebob.

Sometimes it’s funny, often it’s overplayed. But I still prefer this to when the show was just awful around a decade ago.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thing is Spongebob today has to compete with things like Skibidi Toilet, Youtube Shorts, and other modern day brainrot, so they're taking a radically different approach to the series now where everything is highly exaggerated to keep kids engaged.

Definitely not the Sponge I grew up with but hey if the new gen gets a kick out of it, then mission accomplished.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was funny by modern Spongebob standards for sure.

But, I think they beat the joke into the ground a bit lol. They screamed MY LEG well over like, 70 times in one episode lol.
It was annoying after the first few times past 3 they did it. But by the end it was just absurd and I thought it was funny again.

Top Bottom