• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To this day I have no idea why Microsoft was so allergic to calling the XBONE the Xbox 720.

That's legit what every single person expected and it made logical sense. 360, 720, then Series X would be 1080.
Reminds me of my friend that was the most hardcore Xbox **** riding fanboy.

During the 360 days. "720 makes so much sense for the next console"

After the Xbox One's reveal. "720 never made any sense".

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Thing is Spongebob today has to compete with things like Skibidi Toilet, Youtube Shorts, and other modern day brainrot, so they're taking a radically different approach to the series now where everything is highly exaggerated to keep kids engaged.

Definitely not the Sponge I grew up with but hey if the new gen gets a kick out of it, then mission accomplished.
Brainrot content has existed for a while though tbf. YouTube Poops were a thing back in 2007 and that was brainrot content.

Noipoi

Howdy!
......this hurts because i applied to them too...
Did you use Indeed? Indeed kinda sucks dude.

I applied directly to the store from the company website. And even then I didn’t hear anything for weeks, I had to call them up and ask for them to look at my application before I got my interview.

Shroob

Sup?

I applied directly to the store from the company website. And even then I didn’t hear anything for weeks, I had to call them up and ask for them to look at my application before I got my interview.
Man, and I thought Indeed was good. They're a great Trick Room setter in doubl---wait

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im really bent on calling up.the people to remind them I exsist. They are hiring me, im not hiring them

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im really bent on calling up.the people to remind them I exsist. They are hiring me, im not hiring them
That’s really what you gotta do sometimes, though. They probably get a ton of applications, being the one call them shows enthusiasm and helps you stand out from the crowd. It puts a voice and adds a human elements to a digital resume.

I’m just saying it helps.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Xbox Zero

What IPs does Skydance own anyway? How does this expand the paramount pantheon?
They’ve been involved in many of the recent Terminator, GI Joe, Jack Ryan + Reacher, and Transformers movies and shows (as well as the Top Gun sequel). They’re also working on the upcoming Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra and a Star Wars game.

Tho for the most part, they’ve consistently teamed up with Paramount for many of their movies

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They’ve been involved in many of the recent Terminator, GI Joe, Jack Ryan + Reacher, and Transformers movies and shows (as well as the Top Gun sequel). They’re also working on the upcoming Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra and a Star Wars game.

Tho for the most part, they’ve consistently teamed up with Paramount for many of their movies
I don't mean what have they worked on. What do they own.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't mean what have they worked on. What do they own.
nothing but those movies (and shows and games) they worked on…so yeah…

that’s really it. It’s mainly a benefit for Paramount who are desperate for money

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I applied through my state’s .gov website. It went directly to them and the manager called me fifteen minutes after I applied. Now I’m a different manager in a different location.

Definitely better than ******* around with LinkedIn lunatics. :iwatanod:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That’s really what you gotta do sometimes, though. They probably get a ton of applications, being the one call them shows enthusiasm and helps you stand out from the crowd. It puts a voice and adds a human elements to a digital resume.

I’m just saying it helps.
Man
And my dad wonder why im not happy at all anymore
Bro life SUCKS.
Imagine if I could make money offf making this stuff
20240709_224728.jpg 20240709_224739.jpg 20240709_224838.jpg 20240709_224819.jpg

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
whoever voiced the Fuuka social link stray cat in Persona 3 Reload deserves an Emmy and an Oscar

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Brainrot content has existed for a while though tbf. YouTube Poops were a thing back in 2007 and that was brainrot content.
It’s existed even longer. I was watching this old lost media 90s show and it was peak brain rot.

The form it takes changes, but brain rot is eternal.
Tbf the brainrot of today's kids is not our brainrot, their brainrot content lasts in the form of short, made to order videos that lasy about 20 seconds. Kinda hard to keep kids attention spans when that's what they're competing with.

I think the Mario Movie directors and producers said the same thing which is why the movie is constantly in your face with little breaks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Tbf the brainrot of today's kids is not our brainrot, their brainrot content lasts in the form of short, made to order videos that lasy about 20 seconds. Kinda hard to keep kids attention spans when that's what they're competing with.

I think the Mario Movie directors and producers said the same thing which is why the movie is constantly in your face with little breaks.
My Brainrot was japanese MADs. Basiclly, japanese ytps

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't want to get all doomer but it's kind of disturbing to see what short form videos do to attention spans.

Back in 1991 we had The Simpsons being on point when Lisa said this, "It’s not our fault our generation has short attention spans, Dad, we watch an appalling amount of TV."

Things have only gotten worse.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ok. when making a fighting game roster... is there anything wrong with being safe? Prioritizing having iconic characters and not really caring about having anyone weird or unexpected? Cause I don't think there is anything wrong with that but some people I talk to seem to think the opposite.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ok. when making a fighting game roster... is there anything wrong with being safe? Prioritizing having iconic characters and not really caring about having anyone weird or unexpected? Cause I don't think there is anything wrong with that but some people I talk to seem to think the opposite.
If all you have are safe picks then it's just very standard. More out there characters can bring out unique gameplay and are a sign you care beyond looking at a wikipedia page. The thing with weird of unexpected characters is that they are often seen as such because they're not seen as particularly big deals even if they may be beloved. Like, imagine we got a Sonic fighting game and they announce idk, Scrapnik Island Mecha Sonic and Merlina. Those are really cool characters, but also somewhat deep cuts, meaning they wouldn't be expected

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If all you have are safe picks then it's just very standard. More out there characters can bring out unique gameplay and are a sign you care beyond looking at a wikipedia page. The thing with weird of unexpected characters is that they are often seen as such because they're not seen as particularly big deals even if they may be beloved. Like, imagine we got a Sonic fighting game and they announce idk, Scrapnik Island Mecha Sonic and Merlina. Those are really cool characters, but also somewhat deep cuts, meaning they wouldn't be expected
Ok. I understand that. I just... IDK. I hate it when iconic characters are left out but there are weird/obscure characters in their place.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok. I understand that. I just... IDK. I hate it when iconic characters are left out but there are weird/obscure characters in their place.
It really depends. Like, if you have a bunch of iconic characters but they're all similar in how they fight, then yeah, it's gonna be boring if all of them are prioritized, it feels like it's just a corporate decision instead of someone actually caring about both whatever the series is and fighting games

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It really depends. Like, if you have a bunch of iconic characters but they're all similar in how they fight, then yeah, it's gonna be boring if all of them are prioritized, it feels like it's just a corporate decision instead of someone actually caring about both whatever the series is and fighting games
ok but I care about both those things and I'd still rather have the iconic characters over weird curveball characters... maybe it's the autism...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
ok but I care about both those things and I'd still rather have the iconic characters over weird curveball characters... maybe it's the autism...
Again, it depends. Can't be the autism cause there's a hell of a lot of neurodivergent folks who disagree with you. Like I said, the curveball characters can also be other popular characters that just don't get as much spotlight for whatever reason

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again, it depends. Can't be the autism cause there's a hell of a lot of neurodivergent folks who disagree with you. Like I said, the curveball characters can also be other popular characters that just don't get as much spotlight for whatever reason
Fair... I don't know. I just... I want people to be happy with the rosters I make but when I don't agree with the criticism they're making it's hard to make changes.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fair... I don't know. I just... I want people to be happy with the rosters I make but when I don't agree with the criticism they're making it's hard to make changes.
I think you should make rosters for yourself first and not aim to please as many people as possible. I learned that from my own Smash roster making days. Hell, Smash Ultimate is living proof of that cause even though most people agree that game's roster is one of the best fighting game rosters of all time, you'll probably find someone who has some grievances with it. That's the simple truth, you can't please everyone

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As Jondolio said, make them for yourself. I don't remember everything I did of that Sonic fighting game roster I made a while back and I'm not in the server I posted it in anymore but when picking more out there picks, I didn't do it for the sake of pleasing others, I did it cause I thought "You know, I don't have a grappler, Bark makes a great one" or "I kinda want to pay tribute to the other fighting games the series has seen, Honey and Emerl/Gemerl could make for fun characters". I just thought about what I thought would be cool as a longtime fan. I even made Infinite the main villain so to speak because I personally really like him lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
OK. Sony owns Destiny now. A new PS All-Stars game should probably have a Destiny character.... I don't know a ****ing thing about Destiny.... what do I do?
Add the superior character instead: Kulche from Loco Roco

Okay, serious answer: I think adding characters from MMOs is not easy. There are some important characters but the protag is a customizable avatar iirc. Maybe just do what the first game did with Resistance and give it a stage instead?

Top Bottom