• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Good hope for Gandalf getting in.... upsetting possibility for Disney getting in
Idk, I wouldn't mind Disney characters in Multiversus.

Specially if we get choices which actually also had ties with Warner Brothers such as the Fantastic Four (Hannah Barbera cartoon), Blade (Wesley Snipes movies), Roger Rabbit and so on.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do you not like the hulk? The devs said game is open to anyone. Which is cool because it gives us crazy match ups that we normally wouldn’t see. Which is always fun.
It's a WB game. Disney content should not be here. They are the enemy. I'm fine with other third parties. Just keep the mouse away. Far away.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why do you not like the hulk? The devs said game is open to anyone. Which is cool because it gives us crazy match ups that we normally wouldn’t see. Which is always fun.
It’s not the Hulk himself, it’s the fact that Marvel is Disney now and the fantastical whimsy of Disney Magic burns her skin like acid.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
It's a WB game. Disney content should not be here. They are the enemy. I'm fine with other third parties. Just keep the mouse away. Far away.
Ok, can I be real for a moment?

I really dislike, and I seriously mean It, that people make up these wars between studios as if all of them didn't look for the same thing (money).

There are a lot of talented people working at each studio, all on different mediums... And you mean to tell me some people are willing to reject their works over basically a dumb thing similar to the "console wars"?

Come on people, I believe we all here are better than this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok, can I be real for a moment?

I really dislike, and I seriously mean It, that people make up these wars between studios as if all of them didn't look for the same thing (money).

There are a lot of talented people working at each studio, all on different mediums... And you mean to tell me some people are willing to reject their works over basically a dumb thing similar to the "console wars"?

Come on people, I believe we all here are better than this.
Yes. They have collaborated before. But I don’t want Disney in a game about WB characters. I’m sorry that this bothers you but I will stand by it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes. They have collaborated before. But I don’t want Disney in a game about WB characters. I’m sorry that this bothers you but I will stand by it.
Tbh I don’t think anyone really cares about you not wanting a Disney character in Multiversus, your Disney hatred is just obnoxious :nifty:

And it’s not that you’re not allowed to dislike Disney you’re just very annoying in how you talk about it.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Deep breath

Anyways, I do have something to speculate about regarding Multiversus now that this new info about Hulk has dropped.

Gonna put It all under a spoiler tag for my comfort:
ok, so let's say a Marvel character gets in, and keep in mind which movies are coming next and which ones have potential ties with Warner Bros and would benefit from a crosspromotion.

Well, Deadpool 3 is rumoured to have Wesley Snipes, his Blade movies are under WB. But would Warner Brothers be willing to spoil a surprise cameo by adding them onto a fighting game? Idk about that.

Speaking of Blade, they have that new movie coming out with Mahershala Ali... But yeah, we all know how that is going so let's forget about It for a while.

Well... What's left? Let's see? Oh!
Screenshot_2024-02-14-16-14-31-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

They're doing a Fantastic Four movie. It is gonna have a really packed cast, is being directed by Matt Shakman of Wandavision fame, writers of the new Planet Of the Apes movie which did well critically... Yeah, this could have potential for crosspromotion with videogames. If only Warner Bros has any ties to them... Wait, hold up a moment:
The Hannah Barbera cartoon! Of course! So the Fantastic Four also have some ties with Warner Brothers after all. And this wasn't just one cartoon: It had a cultural impact alongside Johnny Quest by pushing movements which lead to radical changes on children's programming on TV, and also had a spin-off starring The Thing.

Ok, so that's cool and all... But why would they want to cross-promote with a cartoon which is no longer in sindication?

Wait...
GKU2-zgXsAACQU8.jpeg

Is that a retro-futuristic 60s City Jetsons-like in the background? And Kevin Feige has recently confirmed that It is a period piece about the 60s? That's oddly convenient. I wonder if there's a pattern with other Marvel Studios period pieces...

First Avenger: featured the original Captain America comic
Captain Marvel: Street Fighter arcade cabinet in the bar scene
Wandavision: everything about the sitcom elements
Multiverse Of Madness: Oswald The Lucky Rabbit on Wanda's TV

So there's some sort of pattern of having really specific nods to the programming and media of that time.

Ok so hear me out on this one ya'll: this isn't me just being high on copium... But what if Warner Brothers allowed Marvel Studios to feature the Hannah Barbera Fantastic Four cartoon in some form in the new Fantastic Four movie as a tribute or something like that to fit the time period... And in return they got to take part in the promotion of the movie by adding the Fantastic Four to Multiversus? Seems like It would be a fair deal for both sides, and now that we have seemingly evidence of the Hulk coming (whose film rights are with Universal)... Yeah, I'd say It actually has a non-zero chance of happening.

So yeah, food for thought, maybe we don't get any Fantastic Four stuff in the end... But hey! It's all a fun theory!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Both Disney and WB are companies that will do anything for a quick buck. The Hulk joining a WB game is not gonna change the integrity of the company.

Also all billion dollar corps are the enemy, don't get caught up in the capitalism wars. They will do anything for a quick buck
It will just cause me to experience a shocking/burning pain all across my skin.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Deep breath

Anyways, I do have something to speculate about regarding Multiversus now that this new info about Hulk has dropped.

ok, so let's say a Marvel character gets in, and keep in mind which movies are coming next and which ones have potential ties with Warner Bros and would benefit from a crosspromotion.

Well, Deadpool 3 is rumoured to have Wesley Snipes, his Blade movies are under WB. But would Warner Brothers be willing to spoil a surprise cameo by adding them onto a fighting game? Idk about that.

Speaking of Blade, they have that new movie coming out with Mahershala Ali... But yeah, we all know how that is going so let's forget about It for a while.

View attachment 391925
They're doing a Fantastic Four movie. It is gonna have a really packed cast, is being directed by Matt Shakman of Wandavision fame, writers of the new Planet Of the Apes movie which did well critically... Yeah, this could have potential for crosspromotion with videogames. If only Warner Bros has any ties to them... Wait, hold up a moment:
The Hannah Barbera cartoon! Of course! So the Fantastic Four also have some ties with Warner Brothers after all. And this wasn't just one cartoon: It had a cultural impact alongside Johnny Quest by pushing movements which lead to radical changes on children's programming on TV, and also had a spin-off starring The Thing.

Ok, so that's cool and all... But why would they want to cross-promote with a cartoon which is no longer in sindication?

Wait...
View attachment 391927
Is that a retro-futuristic 60s City Jetsons-like in the background? And Kevin Feige has recently confirmed that It is a period piece about the 60s? That's oddly convenient. I wonder if there's a pattern with other Marvel Studios period pieces...

So there's some sort of pattern of having really specific nods to the programming and media of that time.

Ok so hear me out on this one ya'll: this isn't me just being high on copium... But what if Warner Brothers allowed Marvel Studios to feature the Hannah Barbera Fantastic Four cartoon in some form in the new Fantastic Four movie as a tribute or something like that to fit the time period... And in return they got to take part in the promotion of the movie by adding the Fantastic Four to Multiversus? Seems like It would be a fair deal for both sides, and now that we have seemingly evidence of the Hulk coming (whose film rights are with Universal)... Yeah, I'd say It actually has a non-zero chance of happening.

So yeah, food for thought, maybe we don't get any Fantastic Four stuff in the end... But hey! It's all a fun theory!

They’re playing 4D chess over here

It will just cause me to experience a shocking/burning pain all across my skin.
Good.

Burn.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
They’re playing 4D chess over here

Good.

Burn.
Heh, thankfully I can always count on you to support my stuff Noi.

You know, I've seen people complaining about people such as Freezerburn or Kneeofjustice liking people's posts too much... But honestly as someone who doesn't get likes from the former anymore for the most part for reasons which are unknown to me... Yeah, one kinda misses them a lot.

Idk, I do like the idea of there being people who are there to support any cool post as long as they aren't problematic or anything like that, I feel It motivates many to keep posting their stuff and interact with the community.

Idk, maybe I am being too bright-hearted or naive.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Boo!
IMG_1080.jpeg

Did this scare you?
Deep breath

View attachment 391925

Wait...
View attachment 391927

... Idk why I even bothered.
No offense but you gave it literally 5 minutes. That gives no one time to read or even respond, even if they were going to. But starting a pitty party every time a post doesn’t get immediate recognition, isn’t going to get people to view your content.

Now that aside…

I wouldn’t rule out the F4 or anyone really to join the game. Tying it into the jetsons would be interesting, but I feel like no one requests jetsons for this game right now lol.

I think hulk could still be a Deadpool 3 tie in as well. Since they just re added it, the content may not be something we see come to light for a few months from now. Which would be fair game to spoil anything from Deadpool and Wolverine, and still promote the movie if it’s coming to Disney plus at the time.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
No offense but you gave it literally 5 minutes. That gives no one time to read or even respond, even if they were going to. But starting a pitty party every time a post doesn’t get immediate recognition, isn’t going to get people to view your content.

Now that aside…

I wouldn’t rule out the F4 or anyone really to join the game. Tying it into the jetsons would be interesting, but I feel like no one requests jetsons for this game right now lol.

I think hulk could still be a Deadpool 3 tie in as well. Since they just re added it, the content may not be something we see come to light for a few months from now. Which would be fair game to spoil anything from Deadpool and Wolverine, and still promote the movie if it’s coming to Disney plus at the time.
Yeah, I kinda allowed anxiety to get on me and be kinda mean with that second post. Even my psychologist told me that I shouldn't focus so much on the reception of my posts because even if nobody reacts to them they are always valid as long as It isn't anything problematic. Basically that It is better to post something and get no reaction than posting something awful and have people jumping at you.

As for the Multiversus stuff...
Yeah, there isn't much campaign for Jetsons content at the moment. And yeah, we really should wait and see for the Hulk to come out before jumping quickly into other Marvel stuff.

Reactions: Z25

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Deep breath

View attachment 391925

Wait...
View attachment 391927

That's a pretty interesting theory, actually. May or may not end up coming to fruition, yeah, but it's definitely a compelling argument for their inclusion.

Top Bottom